mouldyoldgoat
Freathy
Tgwu
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Crawley Town Match Thread  Empty
PostSubject: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 7:37 pm

Man in the middle

STUART ATTWELL

Assisted by

Chris Powell and Mark Pottage

Fourth Official

Kevin Johnson

Travelling Fans

We are now taking a mini bus to Plymouth on Saturday, due to the low number of supporters wanting to travel, and it is now fully booked

Last Game Newport 0 Crawley 3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 7:48 pm

Drove through Crawley today. Least said about that the better. Euggghhh. Nice day though.

Looks like a trip down y'er is not a particularly big draw either. Very Happy  As Tringy would say, l**k h** *ar we**e co**

Think I might disappear up the line this weekend, and welcome those lubberly Tories to Manchester. Far better atmosphere than Home Park with it's creche.

Last edited by Sir John Hawkins on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 7:50 pm

Argyle injury update before the Crawley match

Fitness boost for Plymouth Argyle over midfield playmaker Graham Carey

By Chris Errington Football Editor @ChrisErrington1

MIDFIELD playmaker Graham Carey is fit for Plymouth Argyle's League Two clash against Crawley Town on Saturday.

Carey was substituted in the 73rd minute of the 2-1 come-from-behind win against Barnet at Home Park on Tuesday after hurting a knee in a sliding tackle.

But the 26-year-old, who has been so important to the Pilgrims at the start of this season, suffered no serious damage and will retain his place in the side.

Manager Derek Adams told Herald Sport: "He (Carey) is fine. He will be okay for Saturday."

Carey is one of seven Argyle players to have started all 12 of their league and cup fixtures.

He is also the Pilgrims' second top scorer with six goals, one behind Jake Jervis, after getting a superb equaliser against Barnet.

Argyle have no new injury concerns for the visit of Crawley, but defender-turned-midfielder Carl McHugh and back-up goalkeeper James Bittner are still ruled out.

McHugh has missed the last two matches because of a hamstring strain he suffered in the 1-1 draw at home to Bristol Rovers on September 19.

Adams has not set a date on when McHugh could be ready to return to action.

"He's working with the physio (Paul Atkinson) and we will see how he's responding to that," said the Pilgrims' boss. "We are hopeful it's not too long."

Asked whether McHugh could be fit for the Johnstone's Paint Trophy second round tie against Exeter City at Home Park next Tuesday, Adams replied: "We will see how he responds to the running – the twisting and turning – over the next couple of days."

Former Crawley midfielder Josh Simpson has replaced McHugh in Argyle's starting line-up.

He had made only three substitute appearances before then after the start to his season was disrupted by hamstring and groin injuries.

Adams said: "It has been difficult for him because he has been thrust into the action, but he's vastly experienced and has played in a win and a draw in his two games."

Bittner has not been in the Argyle squad for the last seven matches, since the 2-0 win at Northampton Town on August 22, because of injury.

That has meant 17-year-old apprentice Cory Harvey has been on the substitutes' bench to provide cover for Luke McCormick.

Adams said: "He (Bittner) is getting closer. We are hopeful we can have him back in training over the next 10 days and we will see how he is from there.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 10:02 pm

One thing we can count on is Crawley will be by far the better team and will completely play us off the park.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 11:44 pm

Good to see the players on the road to recovery.

I wish I had been able to get to the Q & A meet in London a few weeks ago. Frank B and Dicky T said both Adams and Starnes were pleasant to talk to and good listeners.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 12:54 am

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Drove through Crawley today. Least said about that the better. Euggghhh. Nice day though.

Looks like a trip down y'er is not a particularly big draw either. Very Happy  As Tringy would say, l**k h** *ar we**e co**

Think I might disappear up the line this weekend, and welcome those lubberly Tories to Manchester. Far better atmosphere than Home Park with it's creche.

My Dad drove through Crawley the same day..... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 8:04 am

DevCon nerdery and Demport beer festival beer nerdery for me. 2-0 Argyle.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 8:44 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Good to see the players on the road to recovery.

I wish I had been able to get to the Q & A meet in London a few weeks ago. Frank B and Dicky T said both Adams and Starnes were pleasant to talk to and good listeners.

That's correct mouldy.....even standing at the urinals afterwards I had a good chat with Derek.....on second thoughts that might be too much info.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 9:51 am

Stuart Attwell is a big refereeing name for such a small game?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 10:19 am

Build up for Crawley game

Quote from Crawley

Boss previews Saturday's trip to Home Park

Manager Mark Yates was delighted to break Reds' losing run at Newport County on Tuesday but insists the players must continue to challenge each other to push up the League Two table.

Mark Yates on…

Tuesday’s win over Newport County
We’re all delighted to get the win on Tuesday and to break the losing run.
Of course we were disappointed with the run we had, but we played pretty well on Tuesday.
Lewis (Young), Gwion (Edwards) and Josh (Yorwerth) all came in and Josh did well at the age of 20, he gave us some aggression at the back. He won a lot of headers, made good recovery runs and showed decent control on the ball.
Gwion and Lewis occupied their wingbacks and took them out of the game. You don’t want to miss players, but it did prove we missed Gwion and he was a real threat on Tuesday night.
The real focus beforehand was on producing a great team performance. We worked hard as a unit and never looked like conceding a goal.

Injury update
Joe (McNerney) has been a big miss and Jon (Ashton) has done well for us in games but we’re without both on Saturday.
Joe wasn’t ready for Tuesday but has now been penciled in for next Tuesday.
He had a scan and then had an injection to hopefully clear up what’s wrong with his knee but Jon will be out for 2-3 weeks because of a badly swollen ankle.
Gavin Tomlin is available for selection next Tuesday against Southend in the JPT.
He’s been doing a lot of fitness work and training, so it’s a step in the right direction to have Gavin available.
Lanre is a few weeks away, but hopefully not too long and again he’ll give us so much more in terms of experience and physicality when he's available again.

Matt Harrold’s first goal of the season
I’m thrilled Matt (Harrold) got his first goal as he’s a big part of what we’ve been about.
We wanted a starting point and Matt has been that in occupying defenders and back fours as a whole, he deserved that goal on Tuesday night and it’s been a long time coming. He’s great with link up play and we’ve set him targets for his work in and around the box.
We showed him some of his goals from previous years and, as is the case with all the players, sometimes little reminders help them.
They are all a fantastic bunch, as shown by them all celebrating with Jimmy and I on the bench on Tuesday.

Gwion’s performance against Newport
I knew he was a good player before I came here. He picks the ball up and takes it into their box with ease, occupies defenders and gets them on the back foot.
His first goal was a stunning strike, the second one went through bodies but he produced some magic to find the space in order to shoot for goal.
He then showed what he could do with his left foot with the cross for Matt Harrold’s goal. He’s been training really well and he had a bit of cramp after Tuesday in both legs, but it was purely precaution to take him off and he can't wait for Saturday.

Trip to Home Park on Saturday
It’s impressive how Plymouth and Wycombe can continue on from last season’s performances when they reached the play-off semi-finals.
A few have come down from Scotland with the manager (Derek Adams) and they all look a real threat, as they’re showing consistency.
But we’ve got more hope now than what we did a week ago especially with some new faces in the team as well.
There will be belief around the squad and on the pitch and we are going there in a good frame of mind.
Luke (Rooney) is available and could come back in, but competition for places is what we need and if the players continue to push each other for starting spots then the performances on the pitch will improve and so will results.
We need to keep them fit and strong, especially those that don’t play. All the players need to have a voice, whether on the pitch or in the stand. We’re all determined to make sure that we use Newport as a springboard to start our climb up the table.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 5:25 pm

Defender Mitch Hancox arrives on loan from Birmingham City

Reds have today completed the signing of defender Mitch Hancox from Championship club Birmingham City on a a month's loan.

The 21-year-old goes straight into the squad for Saturday’s trip to Home Park to play Plymouth Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 11:05 pm

Can anyong access the Crawly game online ticket seat selection?
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 11:30 pm

sadly it does not seem to be working. sorry cant help
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 11:49 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:

That all I wanted to see if other poster could log on, funny all other game I can log into but not tomorrows. That will stop fans buying tickets tonight.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 5:06 am

Will they bring more than 87 supporters with them ?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 6:43 am

Elias wrote:
Will they bring more than 87 supporters with them ?

No more booking for the coach, it full but they could only fill a mini bus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 7:29 am

Freathy wrote:
One thing we can count on is Crawley will be by far the better team and will completely play us off the park.

That's quite confident for you, freathy! Very Happy I think it will be a hard fought 2-2.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 9:28 am

Iam going for a 2-0 win...but as usual you watch em make hard work of it & ride there luck again like they did against barnet...should be walking over teams like this in style if we ever want to get out of this dog crap division i say
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 10:57 am

Tgwu wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:

That all I wanted to see if other poster could log on, funny all other game I can log into but not tomorrows. That will stop fans buying tickets tonight.

It up and working again and by the look of tickets sold they should be a healthy gate, POTD to add

We had gas check this morning, the fellow found out from the wife we are Argyle fans, he said he has not been since he found out there are no start dates for the new stand and will not be going again until it is built, the wife said you be dead and buried by then.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 11:15 am

[quote="Freathy"]One thing we can count on is Crawley will be by far the better team and will completely play us off the park.[/quote

Another Freathy classic, but must admit always feel nervous when Argyle play a team near the bottom given our track record over many seasons.
cheers
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 12:04 pm

Years ago,on the radio, there was a character who was always saying "Its being so cheerful, that keeps me going". Must have been one of Freathy's relatives.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 1:23 pm

ejh wrote:
Stuart Attwell is a big refereeing name for such a small game?
I understand that the PL and FL like to introduce ref's to ''unfamiliar'' stadiums when the stadium will be part of the Prem soon!! Thumbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 3:07 pm

wycombe 1 up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 3:37 pm

torquay are 2 down, looking grim for them. Wheres Webbo to sort it out?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 3:41 pm

northampton are 1-1 with wycombe now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  Empty

Back to top Go down

Crawley Town Match Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next