hippo
pepsipete
tigertony
Tgwu
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 9:31 am

hippo wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
The ground is still a bit cold for planting where I am, nearly there though. Planning tomatoes in poly this weekend where the winter onions are looking mega, the outdoor winter onions are looking ok and the purple sprouting that should be coming online now is nearly finished. It's been a funny old winter.
Fooking pigeons have necked all my caulis leaves and marmalised the winter cabbage. Theres big flocks of the bleeders around.

kill em and eat em Smile  still too cold for tomatoes etc,been a strange winter here too.  

I do but that will have to wait until July now and the finish of breeding and the first corn being cut. There is no close season on pigeon but I impose one on myself as do most people that shoot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 10:23 am

Off to town on my bike, bacon and eggs with a pot of tea in my favourite cafe then off feckin about and visiting friends.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 9:33 pm

Kitchen/dinning room finished, main living room just decorating needed. (waiting on wife to make up her mind.)
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 10:27 pm

She will change it half way through.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 3:10 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
hippo wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
The ground is still a bit cold for planting where I am, nearly there though. Planning tomatoes in poly this weekend where the winter onions are looking mega, the outdoor winter onions are looking ok and the purple sprouting that should be coming online now is nearly finished. It's been a funny old winter.
Fooking pigeons have necked all my caulis leaves and marmalised the winter cabbage. Theres big flocks of the bleeders around.

kill em and eat em Smile  still too cold for tomatoes etc,been a strange winter here too.  

I do but that will have to wait until July now and the finish of breeding and the first corn being cut. There is no close season on pigeon but I impose one on myself as do most people that shoot.

I suppose that's the best way. Sow/plant enough stuff to feed yourselves and the wildlife then everyone's happy. Well that's how I see it.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 9:03 am

Just taxed the car. Was going to tax it off-shore but the office in Mombasa is closed today.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 9:56 am

Should have gone to the Isles of Scilly!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 8:45 am

Just spent an enjoyable hour checking out Glass Magic Lantern Slides on ebay. Some nice ones including Plymouth Hoe scenes, Drake's statue and Spooners shop.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 10:01 am

Bought seven tomatoes (usually plant 18to 20) six have been killed by frost.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 7:23 am

The wife had a early cup of tea and the morning paper in bed this morning.

Finishing touches to the sitting room before with have the carpet laid.

Wall lights to go back up, change the double sockets, mirrors surround for the light switches, put together a radiator covers.

We are having a few days off next week, going to Weston super Mare.

Last edited by Tgwu on Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 7:30 am

Lovely morning. Gonna cut, aerate and then overseed the lawn. It needs some TLC.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 10:37 am

We have only 2 spare toilet rolls in the house.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 10:41 am

Just driven across the Moors from Lustleigh to Plymouth via Postbridge. Beautiful day, incredible scenery, and a large variety of animals and birds on or around the roads.

In unrelated news, I'm having roasted Pheasant for lunch tomorrow. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 11:19 am

got my first swopsies today in the PANINI Euro sticker book thing
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 2:58 pm

Just finished the priming coat on my bike frame, time for a cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 5:32 pm

In the dog house yet again. Thanks for the comments by 'friends' on my FB page! affraid

At least it's nice and quiet now! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 5:49 pm

nice knicker elastic Mouldy
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 6:41 pm

Stop it. I'm in enough trouble as it is!

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 8:18 pm

Carpet was fitted today. Now a few days away, wife happy no internet.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 12:07 pm

Had to smile....next door started to cut his grass......went in doors for awhile because it had started sleeting.....nice and sunny again now....it is late April isn't it ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 8:58 am

8.55 and just had first row of the day, feckin great gas delivery lorry driving down the back lane built for cars pulled a load of my bank down then fecked off, caught him up the road and he started the billy big bollocks, got more back he's now out there with a shovel been quite apologetic in the end. Grrr.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 11:02 am

New delivery man today, he's called Dean.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 11:57 am

Just got a Graze snack box, not bad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 12:51 pm

Girlies mobility scooter arrived today
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 8:13 am

Was hoping to go to Torbay today by bus, but the weather has put the dampers on that, Thursday now it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next