14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Just Back. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back.   Just Back. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 1:30 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
ejh wrote:
Graiser wrote:
But we weren't beaten, we won which must be dissappointing for you Freathy, Barnet were a crap side until they were 2-1 down and then they played some great stuff, last season we would have lost this game but the difference in this team is they don't give up.
Before anybody mentions Barnet hitting the post twice, three times of whatever, tough shit, the objective is to miss the posts and stick it in the net, poor finishing.

Paul Sturrock once said that there is no point celebrating luck or whinging about it. It all works itself out evenly in the end.

We were due some good fortune after the penalties against Bristol Rovers (Brunt) and Mansfield (Carey's cross) weren't given.

The worrying parts for me is that Reuben is not flourishing in this team at all. After we apparently fought so hard to keep him this summer from the clutches of Pompey, it seems ridiculous to contemplate dropping him for Brunt, yet that must be the reality staring DA in the face. Even when Brunt isn't on the scoresheet, most of the time he's put in a decent shift for the team - with Reuben, if he isn't scoring, he's out of form and next to useless.

He's scored two goals this season and both have been put on a plate for him, unlike Jervis who is finding space cleverly on the counter, making his own goals and finishing tidily. We need to see more from Reubs pretty urgently. Although his tee up for Carey's goal was pretty neat tbf.
I know you like Brunt, but didn't he miss the sitter to end all sitters just a game ago?

It was a bad miss, but heading is a much harder finish than with feet. He will be very disappointed to have not got that on target though.

I would always be more encouraged to see a striker have a shocking miss than see a striker struggle to have a chance in a string of games. If a forward isn't getting himself involved in the action, making chances, getting efforts on goal, then you have to question whether they are out of form, whether the tactics/formation is suiting them etc.

That is currently where Reuben seems to be at. Remember since his Exeter hat trick, he had about 10 games at the end of the season where he was out of form. But then a lot of people were saying he was injured. However it may not necessarily just a 'he doesn't play well under Derek Adams' thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Back.   Just Back. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 2:01 pm

Maybe Reid will get better as his fitness improves, at two goals he has still scored more than most and I would trust DA's judgement better than mine or yours.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Just Back.   Just Back. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 2:21 pm

Mary@HP wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Quotes from DA

DA: "They (Barnet) didn't really trouble us. They got a break with the goal. We were out of position

DA: "We dominated possession in the first half. The amount of chances we had on goal was a lot

DA "A very good performance again from us. We created a lot of chances in the first half

Was he at the same game as us?

Shocked  WTF !!  Del ?   A polish you can't turd (to be re-arranged)

I think that Del has just rolled it in glitter.

lol!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Back.   Just Back. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 7:51 pm

Freathy wrote:
Graiser wrote:
But we weren't beaten, we won which must be dissappointing for you Freathy, Barnet were a crap side until they were 2-1 down and then they played some great stuff, last season we would have lost this game but the difference in this team is they don't give up.
Before anybody mentions Barnet hitting the post twice, three times of whatever, tough shit, the objective is to miss the posts and stick it in the net, poor finishing.

We are f***ing shit and won't be anywhere near the play-offs come the business end of the season

How many times have you actually watched them to draw that conclusion ?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Just Back.   Just Back. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 8:00 pm

Reel 'em in Freathers fishing
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Just Back.   Just Back. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 8:14 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

Like a feckin kipper! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Just Back.   Just Back. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 8:49 pm

Nice to see X Isle looking in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Back.   Just Back. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 9:04 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

Reel em in my arse, the bloke needs treatment
Back to top Go down