steveinspain
Tgwu
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
seadog
Admin

Mansfield Town Match Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town Match Thread   Mansfield Town Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 5:46 pm

Iggy and Punchie have left our ranks today. Not dead, just left.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town Match Thread   Mansfield Town Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 5:50 pm

Derek Adams explains his team selection for Plymouth Argyle's 0-0 draw at Mansfield

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town Match Thread   Mansfield Town Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 5:59 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Guest wrote:
I was warning about being Sussed earlier in the season and it is a problem with a small squad, hopefully it is a blip and well win more than we lose but we might see a lot more teams stopping us winning then the playoffs will beckon again, id still like to see another couple of useful players added to the squad especially with Mchugh out.
Before anybody tries to put words in my mouth sure I'd take this position at the start of the season but I'm long in enough in the tooth to have seen a good start or two in the past and they don't all lead to the promised land, get your wallet out Brent (or at least add to your bucket list for the trust and the GTs.)

Who posted this?

Call the detectives.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town Match Thread   Mansfield Town Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 6:03 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Derek Adams explains his team selection for Plymouth Argyle's 0-0 draw at Mansfield

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fair shout. He is the manager, so it is his decision.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town Match Thread   Mansfield Town Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 6:18 pm

seadog wrote:

Iggy has gone, shall we split up his prediction league points and give them to others. 13 points up for grabs.

I will write down everyone's name, put them in a pot and pull out 13 names, those who get picked will got a point each.

I am sure he would not mind.

That is fair in it. Waste not, want not.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town Match Thread   Mansfield Town Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 6:56 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
seadog wrote:

Iggy has gone, shall we split up his prediction league points and give them to others. 13 points up for grabs.

I will write down everyone's name, put them in a pot and pull out 13 names, those who get picked will got a point each.

cheers ..One of the most ridiculous suggestions so far Village, is it a prediction league or a lucky dip? Why not just throw all the names in a hat and choose the winner now? It'll save a lot of time and effort, particularly for you. Totally Village and thoroughly deserving of a hairy eyebrow raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town Match Thread   Mansfield Town Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 7:13 pm

Indeed, leave him in, he might come back. If not it will be interesting to see how well he does.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town Match Thread   Mansfield Town Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 7:48 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
seadog wrote:

cheers ..One of the most ridiculous suggestions so far Village, is it a prediction league or a lucky dip? Why not just throw all the names in a hat and choose the winner now? It'll save a lot of time and effort, particularly for you. Totally Village and thoroughly deserving of a hairy eyebrow raised eyebrow

Iggy is not coming back into the competition and I thought it would something different to split the 13 points. I did do draw by way and you received a point.

I can't see a problem with it, only one off.

Scrap that idea then.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town Match Thread   Mansfield Town Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 7:53 pm

seadog wrote:
Indeed, leave him in, he might come back. If not it will be interesting to see how well he does.

Sorry, he has left and will not return.

We can't have participants leaving the competition and then coming back weeks down line. Others will moan at that and you know they would.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town Match Thread   Mansfield Town Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 7:53 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

The fact you can't see a problem with it is why I don't play.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town Match Thread   Mansfield Town Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 7:54 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
seadog wrote:

We can't have participants leaving the competition and then coming back weeks down line.

Why not?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town Match Thread   Mansfield Town Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 7:56 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
seadog wrote:

Iggy is not coming back into the competition and I thought it would something different to split the 13 points. I did do draw by way and you received a point.

Scrap that idea then.

I would.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town Match Thread   Mansfield Town Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 8:00 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
seadog wrote:

Scrap that idea then.

I would.

Yeah, whatever. It's history now.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town Match Thread   Mansfield Town Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 8:23 pm

Rickler wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
seadog wrote:

We can't have participants leaving the competition and then coming back weeks down line.

Why not?

Well, i expect you know better of them than I, you probably know what they like on here. You have been on this site longer than i have and you probably have the insight on posters, you may be friends with one or two of them, you may be foes with some also.

Some on here have a tendency to moan if someone gets a slight advantage.

I have kept the prediction league for this season to its minimum to avoid confrontation and arguments. There will be no bonus points this season, i have allowed the correct result goal scorer to included this time around. I won't deduct any points off this season ( I think everybody has got the idea of the game and its rules). I said i do not want people re-predicting a score and they all know when to get the predictions in by. Done and dusted.

I don't bother anyone on here, I chip in on debates like everyone else and that is that. I said i would do this competition because it is bit fun and it is something to do. I suggest an idea (I admit it was foolish) and I get mouth from people I do not know. If I knew who were i would just laugh it off and carry on.

I am not having moan, honest. I would like to know the people that i am talking to as I do not know anybody on here, I know people on PASOTI, but I do not post on there any longer.

This is good website, it has potential to go far. Sometimes I have noticed hassle between posters, you are on the same team, you have the same goals and desired outcome, the removal of James Brent and others.

I also know that some of you are wary of people and this is understandable what with situations as they are. I was accused of being spy once and it did make me laugh. If I was a spy working for PASOTI or the club you would have known by now, trust me. Some people seem ok on here, others not so. Some people on here are just cagey as f..., some people are hilarious. A Diverse group.

Awhile back, i received a letter threatening me with legal acion over comments I never made (they were made on here too) that was stressful time, it really was, that could gone well bad for me.

I got a Luke warm reply from someone over the road there via here. The person who made the actual comments was mentioned today funny enough.

How come there is not ATD pool team or darts team. How come there is no weekly meet up in local pub for a few beers and chat. Perhaps that could be something that looked one day.

Do you lot meet before home games, do any you drink in the Embassy, Brittania, Raffles, Noah's, pubs in Stoke or in town.

What Argyle sort of Argyle fans do you, I know a good number, some are decent supporters and salt of the earth, some are ex-hooligans, some are on-going hooligans. A wide range of people I do know.

If you want any history regarding myself ask, some of it might shock you, honest. You can read it to that what will. It happened and you can't go back and change history. It is there in black and white, a reference in the history books. It is in a distant and far away past now, I have moved on.

I want the same as you lot, James Brent gone and a new owner in place who wants to be here. Not someone who is squeezing the club dry and keeping it on a drip feed.

I will not go to that many matches as I see it as money going to James Brent, the less he has the better. That is my view.

I am 100% Argyle and always have been.

I do not want any hassle on here, if some choose that route, then I will stick up for myself and defend my corner as best I can and with capabilities I pocess and if it had go to other extremes, I can handle that no problem.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town Match Thread   Mansfield Town Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 12:57 am

So we've been sussed ... possibly? We've also sussed them ... possibly. In Lge 2 its a fine line between the teams and so if we are slightly off colour and the other team produce a display slightly above their average we could well get beat. I mean, are Excretia 4-0 better than Orient?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town Match Thread   Mansfield Town Match Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mansfield Town Match Thread
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4