Tringreen
seadog
Nick
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

I have just read Empty
PostSubject: I have just read   I have just read EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:17 am

a post on another site called "They should do something about it" go have a read and take note of the third post down written by a nipple.

ATD get mention further on
Back to top Go down

I have just read Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have just read   I have just read EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:43 am

Are you thinking what I'm thinking, Grumpy? That 'shipping out' might just be a hint that something bigger's on the horizon?

Gawd help Argyle if so.
Back to top Go down

I have just read Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have just read   I have just read EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:44 am

So this is the Congo according to the unelected president.

Hmm funny how he wasnt this brave when he was on here isnt it.
Back to top Go down

I have just read Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have just read   I have just read EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:45 am

Phenom wrote:

Who's got the Um Bongo?

I like Um Bongo.
Back to top Go down

I have just read Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have just read   I have just read EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:46 am

GibGreen wrote:
Phenom wrote:

Who's got the Um Bongo?

I like Um Bongo.

lol
Back to top Go down

I have just read Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have just read   I have just read EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:57 am

Peggy that's exactly what was thinking ---- oh god please not that
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

I have just read Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have just read   I have just read EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:03 pm

I do hope the President wasn't comparing this website to a country where war has claimed the lives of over 5 million people since it began in 1998...
Back to top Go down

I have just read Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have just read   I have just read EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:04 pm

That was my first thought but then I decided it could also be literally about any so-called "Democratic" country.
Back to top Go down

I have just read Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have just read   I have just read EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:07 pm

Nick wrote:
I do hope the President wasn't comparing this website to a country where war has claimed the lives of over 5 million people since it began in 1998...

certainly did some screen shot it so it cant be edited.
Back to top Go down

I have just read Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have just read   I have just read EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:08 pm

Phenom wrote:
GibGreen wrote:
Phenom wrote:

Who's got the Um Bongo?

I like Um Bongo.

lol

I've got a Bongo.

Exactly about an unelected President though, who sold out and resigned as head of the Trust when he was offered a free seat in the Directors box for life, as long as he gave up all of his old principles of questioning authorities and having Argyle's best interest at heart. He's now Brent's puppet and tries telling people to never question Brent, but months ago everyone had to question anyone and anything to save the club.

This is a thread I came across earlier, which was made before I joined ATD:

http://argyletalkdemocratic.forumotion.co.uk/t460-thank-you-chris-webb

Now you can see from this how grateful the ATD members were to Chris for all of his efforts, but of course this was before he sold out to Brenty boy, before he started posting on here in one tone and on Pasoti in a completely different tone, because all of his buddies use Pasoti, and he can be sure that any posts that aren't to his/James Brent's liking will be moved or deleted and the poster banned. It was also before he started a thread on Pasoti basically inviting Tony Wrathall back to Home Park, where he would even buy TW a pint. And lo and behold 3 weeks later Tony Wrathall is a guest of honour at HP and on the pitch like some kind of feckin hero. Before he denied knowing who had invited Tony Wrathall as a guest, even though his best buddy Ian Newell had e-mailed me the name of the person who had invited Wrathall. Before he came on here calling for a truce and asking us to stop the Pasoti bashing and how the two sites needed to get along, and then went on Pasoti slagging off ATD. Before he totally ignored awkward questions like was anything going to be done or investigated about the reported racist chanting, which occurred again at the last game. Before he announced he would be posting less and less on Football Forums, and deleted his ATD account, yet still manages to post on Pasoti quoting comments like sites with democratic in their title rarely are, and saying soem of them make Congo look positively democratic.

Basically before you became a total knob Webb

And thats just my opinion and the incidents I can recall off the top of my head, but feel free to add any more reasons that Chris has changed from when the linked thread was written.

Back to top Go down

I have just read Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have just read   I have just read EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:12 pm

To be honest, I'm not sure he has deleted his account on here has he?

PP said yesterday or the day before, he was still a 'valid' user.
Back to top Go down

I have just read Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have just read   I have just read EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:18 pm

greenjock wrote:
This is a thread I came across earlier, which was made before I joined ATD:

http://argyletalkdemocratic.forumotion.co.uk/t460-thank-you-chris-webb

Fascinating thread. It's easy to forget how positive ATD was initially. Of course there were caveats but the congratulations were almost unstinting! It needs spreading elsewhere on the internet Wink ......
Back to top Go down

I have just read Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have just read   I have just read EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:18 pm

Cerbera wrote:
To be honest, I'm not sure he has deleted his account on here has he?

PP said yesterday or the day before, he was still a 'valid' user.

The account he was using now shows him as Guest. But he's still become a total knob.
Back to top Go down

I have just read Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have just read   I have just read EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:25 pm

I deleted his first account at his request in the autumn. He came back and that second account is still valid. He has not logged on since the "peace" fraud last week.
Back to top Go down

I have just read Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have just read   I have just read EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:28 pm

I apologise then. The knob has not deleted his ATD account, but has run off like a little girl never to return.
Back to top Go down

I have just read Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have just read   I have just read EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:30 pm

he did what all trade unionist leaders would do. fight the man on behalf of the masses but as soon as the man offers him a plush role then its pull the ladder up jack and sod the rest.
Back to top Go down

I have just read Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have just read   I have just read EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:03 pm

Phenom wrote:
he did what all trade unionist leaders would do. fight the man on behalf of the masses but as soon as the man offers him a plush role then its pull the ladder up jack and sod the rest.

Please don't tar all trade unionists with the same brush. Just like football supporters, we're all different and some have principles.
Back to top Go down

I have just read Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have just read   I have just read EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:08 pm

Peggy wrote:
Phenom wrote:

Please don't tar all trade unionists with the same brush. Just like football supporters, we're all different and some have principles.

Not all of course there are some who stay true all was probably not the best word. In my experience have known a few union leaders or reps who get offered a promotion to simply keep them quiet. That old saying of i would rather have someone inside the tent pissing out then someone outside the tent pissing in.
Back to top Go down

I have just read Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have just read   I have just read EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:09 pm

Grumpy wrote:

Back on topic - and disgusting though the references to the Congo are - this is the pig post Grumpy and I are so concerned about:

Quote :
Sometimes a post comes along.................

Captures it all for me!!

I'll be shipping off this site soon, why, because of the 'people' you describe.

Made my day Mr D.

Either he's planning the flounce to end all flounces (bye, then) or he knows something we mere mortals aren't allowed to hear before Saturday's meeting. And I for one can't see him upping and leaving his powerbase for nothing.

I predict a rash of season ticket returns and boycotts if Grumpy and my fears turn out to be justified.
Back to top Go down

I have just read Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have just read   I have just read EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:10 pm

Phenom wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Phenom wrote:

Not all of course there are some who stay true all was probably not the best word. In my experience have known a few union leaders or reps who get offered a promotion to simply keep them quiet. That old saying of i would rather have someone inside the tent pissing out then someone outside the tent pissing in.

True enough, Phenom - I didn't mean to come across quite so bullish.

Yes, the offers get made. Doesn't mean they have to be accepted, though.
Back to top Go down

I have just read Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have just read   I have just read EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:20 pm

Peggy wrote:
Grumpy wrote:

Back on topic - and disgusting though the references to the Congo are - this is the pig post Grumpy and I are so concerned about:

Quote :

Captures it all for me!!

Made my day Mr D.

Either he's planning the flounce to end all flounces (bye, then) or he knows something we mere mortals aren't allowed to hear before Saturday's meeting. And I for one can't see him upping and leaving his powerbase for nothing.

I predict a rash of season ticket returns and boycotts if Grumpy and my fears turn out to be justified.

Maybe he has been pushed out?
Back to top Go down

I have just read Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have just read   I have just read EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:24 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Grumpy wrote:

Quote :

Captures it all for me!!

Made my day Mr D.

Is this the wrong place to ask what your fears are Peggy/Grumpy?
Back to top Go down

I have just read Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have just read   I have just read EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:25 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Grumpy wrote:

Quote :

Captures it all for me!!

Made my day Mr D.

If wishes were horses ... (stupid saying innit. I wouldn't want a horse: it'd be hell getting it up the stairs).

He's still emboldened: if a mod loses his/her post, it usually happens straightaway.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

I have just read Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have just read   I have just read EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:25 pm

Not joining the Vice presidents either by the look of it.
Back to top Go down

I have just read Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have just read   I have just read EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:26 pm

I've just read the "If Ridsdale and Heaney has bought the club?" thread in which Chris Webb has managed to offend JonB, one of the more intelligent and decent posters on that site for dareing to criticise him. Regardless of how well written and constructive that criticism may be.

I think the worry is that IJN has been given a reward like Webby, I also think that the pair of them will end up on the board when Brent gets round to appointing it, further down the line I worry that they will end up running the show.

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 59)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I have just read Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have just read   I have just read Empty

Back to top Go down

I have just read
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next