Go down 
+3
SwimWithTheTide
Jethro
seadog
7 posters
AuthorMessage

An Interesting Read Empty
PostSubject: An Interesting Read   An Interesting Read EmptySat May 17, 2014 11:00 pm

http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=22615

Comments section, this sort of stuff interests some of you I think.

Smile
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Read   An Interesting Read EmptySat May 17, 2014 11:46 pm

Old news but still enlightening to any recent converts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Read   An Interesting Read EmptySat May 17, 2014 11:50 pm

you were doing so well.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Read   An Interesting Read EmptySun May 18, 2014 12:22 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
you were doing so well.....

No I wasn't. I never do well on internet forums.

It was an interesting read, so I thought I'd share.

Found it browsing through old Argyle articles from all over because it's weird to see people get predictions totally wrong, or just in general old Argyle stuff.

Some of those comments are astonishing though. I'm not even picking a side here, just quite interested to see both sides.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Read   An Interesting Read EmptySun May 18, 2014 12:25 am

Ignore the knobheads on here Josh stick with me and your do well here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Read   An Interesting Read EmptySun May 18, 2014 12:27 am

Agreed Josh, I found some of the stuff written on there astonishing too. An eye opener to say the least
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Read   An Interesting Read EmptySun May 18, 2014 12:28 am

http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=25363

Here's a more recent article by the same guy Josh.

On a side note, I'd say try your best to stay clear of all the petulant and personal bullshit that's going on between supposed grown men - their issues are beyond Jeremy Kyle to help sort out - and they're largely irrelevant to Argyle. Certainly, I think it's best to keep back from all that and in order to take an objectified look on all things Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Read   An Interesting Read EmptySun May 18, 2014 5:05 am

spowell92 wrote:

On a side note, I'd say try your best to stay clear of all the petulant and personal bullshit that's going on between supposed grown men - their issues are beyond Jeremy Kyle to help sort out - and they're largely irrelevant to Argyle. Certainly, I think it's best to keep back from all that and in order to take an objectified look on all things Argyle.

Jeza's lie detector would sort out a few of them. Wink
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Read   An Interesting Read EmptySun May 18, 2014 6:21 am

spowell92 wrote:

However... Any "objectified look" at Argyle that was worth a damn, would take what was being said into consideration.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Read   An Interesting Read EmptySun May 18, 2014 7:50 am

Jethro wrote:

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Read   An Interesting Read EmptySun May 18, 2014 8:29 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Jethro wrote:

lol! 

I could murder a Dewdney's............all I can get is pig on a stick.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Read   An Interesting Read EmptySun May 18, 2014 8:39 am

I hear that a certain Plymouth IP address has been banned by Google, too many requests, as a result of the European Court's ruling on the right to expunge one's internet history.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Read   An Interesting Read EmptySun May 18, 2014 8:49 am

I'm out of this conversation before Tring quotes another page from a popular political satire/children's book.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Read   An Interesting Read EmptySun May 18, 2014 10:29 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFa8VZfucaA  :pighug: 
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Read   An Interesting Read EmptySun May 18, 2014 1:44 pm

Rickler wrote:
spowell92 wrote:

However...  Any "objectified look" at Argyle that was worth a damn, would take what was being said into consideration.

I disagree. I think there are many on here who are so caught up in the on-going Newell, Webb, Brent vs ATD narrative that whatever they suggest for the club (however good it may be - within reason) it would be protest against. Like wise, the reverse culprits of this petulant bitch fest won't listen to any thing you have to say to them, no matter how true, sensible or good the club it may be. Handbags 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Read   An Interesting Read EmptySun May 18, 2014 4:32 pm

This club needs rescuing from the not so clever property developer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Read   An Interesting Read EmptySun May 18, 2014 4:51 pm

I have to agree with you there Spowell, it's very difficult to endorse much from the Club or be happy about even, not when the likes of the Associate Director Ian Newell, who has gained control of fans web sites and closed them, collected dossiers on fans, publically described a female Argyle fan as a witch, gave out private and personal information, requested hacks into fellow Argyle fans email accounts, thuggery and his removal from a FCP meeting etc. it's a very long list and I have only scratched the surface......

Then there's Webb, the so called President that creates fictitious characters on the Internet to give his ego a boost and to make things appear that he is actually loved by Argyle fans and to to sway opinion. Then there's his favour to his buddy and his demand to remove Peggy from helping out with the programme.

There's much more..There's Peter Jones in the Boardroom that likes to tell Argyle fans to fek off and support Man United. The same Peter Jones that said when talking about the Club "as long as it was as a community-focused football club rather than as a development opportunity". The same Peter Jones that slagged off Stapleton for doing exactly what Jones is participating in, only far worse! There's more...

But let's leave it like that for now..and I haven't even touched on Brent, the third rate DIY Airfix, Build Yourself a crappy Grandstand model, the dentist, school or whatever else pops up in this footballing disaster!

So yes, you are quite right Spowell it is beyond personal and, it is very difficult not to criticise at the moment and to see anything positive coming from Home Park but the day will come when none of these people will have a say on how PAFC is run and when that happens you may see a few more smiles once again and less "pops".

Sadly, I see only more gloom to follow and I find it difficult not to be cynical and critical at the moment to the point where PAFC is with every passing day becoming less important in my life and I think that many feel the same, but I am happy that you can see a little positivity.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Read   An Interesting Read EmptySun May 18, 2014 6:55 pm

Spowell, dear boy. Yours is the path I tried to tread 10 years ago on pasoti. Even then, the emerging control group were towing the party line and trying to cosy up to stapes and co. pig  ' Enjoy the ride Tringy........Trust in Stapes......I'll never hear a bad word about that man and his lovely family ' ....... sound familiar ? All my/our warnings and protestations were ignored, nay demonised and when we wouldn't shut up, enjoy the ride and trust in stapes, our liberty to speak out was removed. Hence the emergence of ATD.

My signature speaks for itself.................... and at what cost to our parochial outpost of a club  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Read   An Interesting Read EmptySun May 18, 2014 7:19 pm

GOB wrote:
I have to agree with you there Spowell, it's very difficult to endorse much from the Club or be happy about even, not when the likes of the Associate Director Ian Newell, who has gained control of fans web sites and closed them, collected dossiers on fans, publically described a female Argyle fan as a witch, gave out private and personal information, requested hacks into fellow Argyle fans email accounts, thuggery and his removal from a FCP meeting etc. it's a very long list and I have only scratched the surface......

Then there's Webb, the so called President that creates fictitious characters on the Internet to give his ego a boost and to make things appear that he is actually loved by Argyle fans and to to sway opinion. Then there's his favour to his buddy and his demand to remove Peggy from helping out with the programme.

There's much more..There's Peter Jones in the Boardroom that likes to tell Argyle fans to fek off and support Man United. The same Peter Jones that said when talking about the Club "as long as it was as a community-focused football club rather than as a development opportunity". The same Peter Jones that slagged off Stapleton for doing exactly what Jones is participating in, only far worse! There's more...

But let's leave it like that for now..and I haven't even touched on Brent, the third rate DIY Airfix, Build Yourself a crappy Grandstand model, the dentist, school or whatever else pops up in this footballing disaster!

So yes, you are quite right Spowell it is beyond personal and, it is very difficult not to criticise at the moment and to see anything positive coming from Home Park but the day will come when none of these people will have a say on how PAFC is run and when that happens you may see a few more smiles once again and less "pops".

Sadly, I see only more gloom to follow and I find it difficult not to be cynical and critical at the moment to the point where PAFC is with every passing day becoming less important in my life and I think that many feel the same, but I am happy that you can see a little positivity.

Amen brother.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Read   An Interesting Read EmptySun May 18, 2014 7:52 pm

far too much water has flowed under the bridge to ever trust the  pig and all who do and have associated with him
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Read   An Interesting Read EmptySun May 18, 2014 8:22 pm

Google have to rewrite history, by order of the European Court, we however do not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Read   An Interesting Read EmptyMon May 19, 2014 10:02 am

Once we are rid of Brent and his jamboys then we can then once again rise again as a Phoenix club with everybody pulling in the same direction. Brent is doomed to failiure by alienating the customers that even asset stripping n'er do wells need to succeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Read   An Interesting Read Empty

Back to top Go down

An Interesting Read
Page 1 of 1