Richard Blight
zyph
mouldyoldgoat
PASALB
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

London Branch Meet the Manager - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 2:36 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
more than welcome to put a post on here about it BBC1
I will do when we know more about a time and a place Alan.
Perhaps you can make the pasties for us? cheers
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 3:11 pm

Angry wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:
zyph and his misses knocking sh#t out of each other would make good premeeting entertainment.

zimmerframes at 10 paces

Difficult to take the zimmer when we go for long walks through Knole Park and the coastal path along from Broadstairs to Ramsgate......but if you need it "Angry" I'll carry it for you in case you need it...... raised eyebrow .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 3:53 pm

BBC1 wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:
more than welcome to put a post on here about it BBC1
I will do when we know more about a time and a place Alan.
Perhaps you can make the pasties for us? cheers

Thumbs happy to create special ones for certain types Pig Pig
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 4:52 pm

zyph wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Thanks for the information, I'm sure people up in the London area will be interested.

Already been mailed direct from PASALB....sounds an interesting evening......going to the match on Saturday.....but will her indoors let me go Friday evening as well......I need to earn some brownie points...... Rolling Eyes .

I hope you got the nod to go ZYPH and good luck to PASALB. Fine event to put on for the exiles and I hope everyone has a good time.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 7:02 pm

All is good here at Dr. Inks. Everyone looking forward to a lovely evening. Adams and Starnes slightly late but more time to enjoy the fine ales and ciders. Geddon Del Bhey Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 7:04 pm

have fun Mr Trickle
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 7:10 pm

anyone else going tonight. I wonder if zyph made it
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 9:48 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
All is good here at Dr. Inks. Everyone looking forward to a lovely evening. Adams and Starnes slightly late but more time to enjoy the fine ales and ciders. Geddon Del Bhey Smile

A pissed 'brief synopsis' please Dickie.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 10:20 pm

Hello all, will have to be brief as battery is dying but a very good evening overall. If you needed any further endorsement that Del Bhey is the real deal then meeting him in person underlines it.

If he is supported at this level I have no doubts he will be a success.

Interesting to spend time with Starnes privately. Will update further in the morning as I am now on 1% but keen to put across that this website is supportive of the club and in Zyph's case have been since 1899 Smile

Maybe if you've had a relationship with a club which has delivered serial disappointment you trust the next regime less.....
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 10:21 pm

Good point to put over Dick!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 10:23 pm

P.s thank you to all at PASALB who I met tonight. Good people.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 10:46 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Hello all, will have to be brief as battery is dying but a very good evening overall. If you needed any further endorsement that Del Bhey is the real deal then meeting him in person underlines it.

If he is supported at this level I have no doubts he will be a success.

Interesting to spend time with Starnes privately. Will update further in the morning as I am now on 1% but keen to put across that this website is supportive of the club and in Zyph's case have been since 1899 Smile

Maybe if you've had a relationship with a club which has delivered serial disappointment you trust the next regime less.....

Don't get cheeky.....there was one chap there tonight who has been a supporter since 1946.

Very impressed with Derek Adams.....he knows his football.....things could take off under him.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 10:53 pm

Thanks Zyph. The guy who had supported since 1946 was next to me. It brought home two things. Firstly what a responsibility a football club has to its generations and secondly how hope (delivered) can enthuse the most cynical of fans.

Sorry I missed you in the real world. Would have liked to say hello. Maybe another day.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 11:14 pm

Is there a real world as an Argyle Fan.......it's holding on to those dream moments from the past.....like Millwall 1-2 Argyle 1967......you could have made a fortune by betting on Argyle ending Millwalls 59 game unbeaten home record......yes I woz there slinking away under the arches down Cold Blow Lane.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 11:20 pm

Cheers bheys, look forward to hearing more detail tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 8:36 am

As both Dick and I are fully paid up members of Pasalb we were very pleased to be able to attend the Meet the Manager event last night.

First of all Derek Adams was very impressive and I think he will do well for us. He did mention the "budget" on a few too many occasions and I got the impression that he was trying to manage our expectations. I think the team will be fit and organised and he will do the best he can with the resources he has.

The Pasalb members were very welcoming and it was interesting to hear the views of the "silent majority". Webb, Nool, De Lar and Nikkk are not highly thought of by anyone for a variety of reasons. People were amazed at how they have managed to split the fan base so far (and so quickly). Numerous people mentioned that they thought Webb and Nool only acted in their own interests.

Dick and I spent about half an hour with Starnes. He was very pleasant and we talked about football as well as touching on some of the issues we have had over the last few years. I got the impression that he knows full well what has gone on and the games that have been played (and by whom). I asked him about yesterday's article in the Herald and I viewed the response he gave positively.

I told Starnes not to believe everything that he is told about ATD and its users. I think both Dick and I came across as normal and we reiterated that we are just worried, grumpy Argyle fans rather then the freaks and weirdos that some like to portray us as.

I also asked Mr Starnes to contact the ATD mods directly if he or the club had an issue with anything on the site.

Both Dick and I felt that the whole meeting was very positive from both an Argyle football angle and an ATD angle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 8:48 am

Del bhey seems like a breath of fresh air, his communication with the fanbase is so far apart from Sheridan's, well he's got us going now let's see if he gets the team as motivated, I rather think he might Basketball
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 8:51 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
As both Dick and I are fully paid up members of Pasalb we were very pleased to be able to attend the Meet the Manager event last night.

First of all Derek Adams was very impressive and I think he will do well for us. He did mention the "budget" on a few too many occasions and I got the impression that he was trying to manage our expectations. I think the team will be fit and organised and he will do the best he can with the resources he has.

The Pasalb members were very welcoming and it was interesting to hear the views of the "silent majority". Webb, Nool, De Lar and Nikkk are not highly thought of by anyone for a variety of reasons. People were amazed at how they have managed to split the fan base so far (and so quickly). Numerous people mentioned that they thought Webb and Nool only acted in their own interests.

Dick and I spent about half an hour with Starnes. He was very pleasant and we talked about football as well as touching on some of the issues we have had over the last few years. I got the impression that he knows full well what has gone on and the games that have been played (and by whom). I asked him about yesterday's article in the Herald and I viewed the response he gave positively.

I told Starnes not to believe everything that he is told about ATD and its users. I think both Dick and I came across as normal and we reiterated that we are just worried, grumpy Argyle fans rather then the freaks and weirdos that some like to portray us as.

I also asked Mr Starnes to contact the ATD mods directly if he or the club had an issue with anything on the site.

Both Dick and I felt that the whole meeting was very positive from both an Argyle football angle and an ATD angle.

Starnesy is a Wishbone Ash fan, enough for me to know he's decent.

Cheers for the update on the evening, sounds like a good 'un.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 8:53 am

Thanks Frank and summed it up very well. An absolute pleasure and as someone who works in London I would be only too happy to attend future events.

I can only echo Frank's comments on the new manager. He's a good one and very impressive. I certainly wouldn't want to be a winger who doesn't track back.

I got the chance to ask Starnes a question (and allowed a follow up) that I thought was interesting. I mentioned that a great deal of frustration comes about by clubs in league 2 being more successful than us on crowds of less than 4,000. Half the club's last year were under 4k average attendance.

I mentioned that I understood that we had a debt to service but could he update us on approximately how many fans have to come through the turnstiles each game just to service the debt. Most on here use the often quoted 2,000.

At first I thought he was slightly defensive and answered the question by talking about Bury and sugar daddy's and even asked me how much I knew about football finance. I got the chance to follow up and mentioned that I didn't know anything about football finance, hence the question.

He outlined that the annual debt cost was £300k and that an extra 1,000 on the gate equated to an additional £250,000 of income. Therefore I make it that approximately 1,200 people are required to service the annual debt, although I realise that it makes a difference how those people pay and how old they are etc.

When we had some time with Starnes alone overall I found him engaging and passionate about the sport and by virtue of his job, the club. It isn't his or Derek's fault if they have to work within the "budget".
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 9:10 am

Well played chaps, the sword of truth and the trusty shield of fair play strike again.

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 10:53 am

Graiser wrote:
Del bhey seems like a breath of fresh air, his communication with the fanbase is so far apart from Sheridan's, well he's got us going now let's see if he gets the team as motivated, I rather think he might Basketball
he seems to talk the talk so far hopefully he can walk the walk as well and convert it to the pitch good luck Del bhey your certainly gunna need it
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 11:06 am

Yes an enjoyable and positive evening......I wonder how many PASOTI & ATD users where present last night ?.......I know only one not606 user who was there........would have been nice to have met face to face at the end of the day we're all greens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 11:08 am

zyph wrote:
Yes an enjoyable and positive evening......I wonder how many PASOTI & ATD users where present last night ?.......I know only one not606 user who was there........would have been nice to have met face to face at the end of the day we're all greens.

I didn't realise you were there mate. It would have been good to say hello
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 11:19 am

Same here Frank......sometime maybe ?......I'm off to the match in a moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 11:20 am

Thanks for the updates.
Can't wait to get a PACSA meet the manager event organised.
We've got a committee meeting in a couple of weeks time, so hopefully watch this space..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: London Branch Meet the Manager   London Branch Meet the Manager - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

London Branch Meet the Manager
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2