zyph
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Dead Parrot - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Parrot   Dead Parrot - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 6:10 pm

Here we go again. Lets roll out an interview with the great man to quell any rumblings of discontent. What's the betting that a similar interview will be published in a couple of years, when plan c will be starting - imminently no doubt.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Dead Parrot   Dead Parrot - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 6:12 pm

Going by Jimmy's immaculate record of Non Developing, i would say the Mystical Ministand will be finished by 2525 at the earliest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dead Parrot   Dead Parrot - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 6:20 pm

When Plan Z fails will he go back to the start of the alphabet or is there another system to name the plans?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dead Parrot   Dead Parrot - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 6:20 pm

zyph wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Brent would gain more Kudos if he willingly named the "Potential Partners" but as usual by failing to do so, leads Readers with an IQ of more than 3 to contemplate if he's actually referring to Pork Chop and a Couple of Posties.

"Potential Partners" would prefer to... dot the i's and cross the t's ...before revealing their interest in such a deal.

Or brent is still trying to get on dragons den in order to obtain them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dead Parrot   Dead Parrot - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 6:23 pm

Potential Partners = the correct 5 numbers plus 2 bonus balls on Euro millions
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dead Parrot   Dead Parrot - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 7:00 pm

He can't even take an offer of a free, paid for professional job on the entrance, instead wants free cash from the Trust, but still fecks it up, no name, no paint, no labour!

Is there any operational management at HP?

There must be some one there capable of organising a piss up in a brewery, shirley?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dead Parrot   Dead Parrot - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 8:16 pm

Quote :
Bretonside hurt, but we did not cry into our soup

How can he say this? I thought that the club made a right scene over this and was actually trying to tell the council what to do, using a bit of emotional blackmail into the bargain. Surely Brent woild not come out and tell a blatant lie to rewrite history?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dead Parrot   Dead Parrot - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 9:01 pm

charleymouse wrote:
Quote :

How can he say this? I thought that the club made a right scene over this and was actually trying to tell the council what to do, using a bit of emotional blackmail into the bargain. Surely Brent woild not come out and tell a blatant lie to rewrite history?!

Wasn't Tudor Evans the first to reveal that the deal was dead? He told the Trust in their Q&A with him, and then the Nooligans attacked the Trust for publishing it, or being naive, or having an agenda, or telling lies, or something or another so that it didn't look as if Saint Jimmy had failed?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dead Parrot   Dead Parrot - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 10:56 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
charleymouse wrote:
Quote :

Wasn't Tudor Evans the first to reveal that the deal was dead? He told the Trust in their Q&A with him, and then the Nooligans attacked the Trust for publishing it, or being naive, or having an agenda, or telling lies, or something or another so that it didn't look as if Saint Jimmy had failed?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dead Parrot   Dead Parrot - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 1:03 pm

Here is a link to the club statement, trying to tell the council its business:

I had actually forgotten how ridiculous it was. But why wouldn't the council take economic advice from the paragon of commercial success that is the PAFC board...?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Dead Parrot   Dead Parrot - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 3:01 pm

I thought this would be apt for the story.

Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Dead Parrot   Dead Parrot - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 3:45 pm

How the fcuk will the new grandstand generate a million quid a year? That's £20,000 a week ffs!

That's about a quarter of the football club's annual gate money!!

One Corporate event a week would need to be attended by several thousand to get anywhere near that figure

That's always been the trouble with people who want to develop around Home Park--they glibly talk of imagined 7 figure profits without actually saying how it would be achieved.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Dead Parrot   Dead Parrot - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 6:17 pm

When HHP was being sold the £1 to £2M revenue from ministand was split evenly between corporate, uplift in attendances and naming rights.

I did point out that would be higher value for naming rights than half the Premiership, but what do I know?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Dead Parrot   Dead Parrot - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 5:54 pm

An uplift in attendances only happens because the team is winning games-no other reason.

"Going to Argyle on Saturday?"

"No, even though they've won their last ten games 4-0, I find parts of the stadium outdated, so I will not be going"

As for Naming Rights, who'd be interested-Haul-Waste?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead Parrot   Dead Parrot - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dead Parrot
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2