The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Danny Salman  retained list

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Danny Salman  retained list Empty
PostSubject: Danny Salman  retained list   Danny Salman  retained list EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 4:43 pm

Danny Salman tells Herald Sport’s JAK BALL who, from Plymouth Argyle’s retained list this summer, he would have kept and who he would have let go – and perhaps who never got a real chance to prove themselves under former boss John Sheridan.

RIVER ALLEN

RIVER ALLEN is a prime example of why I don’t like the loan system.

John Sheridan clearly did not trust the young players at Argyle so instead chose to bring in young players from elsewhere.

I am not saying that Allen is a fantastic player and should have played every game. The fact is I do not know how good he is, because we rarely got to see him play.

You should have faith in young players or what is the point in having them?

What is the point in bringing them through the system to not give them a chance, and to then just release them?

Allen showed potential in the small glimpses we saw of him and he deserved to be given an opportunity.

Then if he didn’t take that chance, he only has himself to blame.

But if these young players can’t get into games in League Two, then where do they go? Non-league football? I think it is a shame.

I am disappointed Allen has gone and it is a shame the Green Army didn’t really get to see him play.

I would have offered him a new contract.

JASON BANTON

I BLAME his poor form and his demise at Argyle on Sheridan.

When he first came to the club (on loan from Crystal Palace) he scored goals that helped keep the side in the league.

He looked a very good, attacking player.

When he came back to the club full-time after a spell at MK Dons, Banton did not get off to the best of starts.

The more he trained under Sheridan the worse his form seemed to get.

His body language had totally changed and you just wondered how a player with so much pace, who could score good goals, was not getting into a League Two team.

When he was played more in position towards the end of the season we saw glimpses of his talent.

The fact is that John Sheridan could not get the best out of his attacking midfield players.

Banton clearly has something about him, so I would have re-signed him and worked hard to help him rediscover his best form.

DOMINIC BLIZZARD

DOMINIC BLIZZARD’S time at Argyle seemed to be blighted with injury and to be honest I don’t think he did well enough to warrant a new contract.

He lacked pace and didn’t really seem to be involved in games.

I never really saw Blizzard take charge of a game and I never went home thinking, ‘Wow, Dominic Blizzard had a great game’.

He was just an anonymous player to me and I would have let him go.

MATT LECOINTE

UNFORTUNATELY you can only wait so long for a player to get fit, although I do feel very sorry for Matt Lecointe.

I was out injured for a season during my career and it is horrible, but if Argyle had offered him a new contract it would have been a big risk.

I really do wish him luck and I hope he finds a club but I would have reluctantly let him go had I been in charge.

He has talent but injury can really effect you mentally, not just physically.

MARVIN MORGAN

IF ANY signing makes you question John Sheridan’s judgement then this was it.

I just really did not know what Sheridan saw in Morgan and I believe the signing was a mistake from start to finish.

Certain managers like certain types of players, I get that and maybe Sheridan thought Morgan would be the answer to a big man problem.

But for me he was not a good acquisition and I would not have offered him a new deal.

OLLIE NORBURN

OLLIE NORBURN started the first few games of the season as a play-maker and then overnight he was out of the team.

The fans definitely did not see enough of him, despite the fact that it was Sheridan who signed him.

Obviously Norburn didn’t prove to be the player that Sheridan wanted, but he never really got a good run in the side.

Replacements were brought in and Norburn was rarely seen again and for that reason I would not have offered him a new deal.

JAMIE RICHARDS

ANOTHER young player who Sheridan didn’t rate or trust in the side.

The Green Army never saw anything of him and it is a great shame that he never had an opportunity to prove himself.

I find it very bizarre that so many of the younger players were constantly overlooked, so it is very hard to say whether or not he should have been offered a new deal
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman  retained list   Danny Salman  retained list EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 5:06 pm

Fook me, anyone would think that Salman was a successful manager of 15 years standing rather than someone who didn't have the ability, inclination or bottle to try management for himself. He's entitled to his opinion for sure but frankly he's beginning to get right on my tits and certainly seems to have a bee in his bonnet about Sheridan-playing days legacy maybe? Perhaps he's thinking of his time at Argyle when youngsters like Cross, Adcock and Garner were given numerous chances in the team by Kempy. And helped to get us relegated from the second division and Kempy the boot. Things are so much better at a distance of 25 years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman  retained list   Danny Salman  retained list EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 5:23 pm

Tgwu wrote:

Danny Salman tells Herald Sport’s JAK BALL who, from Plymouth Argyle’s retained list this summer, he would have kept and who he would have let go – and perhaps who never got a real chance to prove themselves under former boss John Sheridan.

RIVER ALLEN

RIVER ALLEN is a prime example of why I don’t like the loan system.

John Sheridan clearly did not trust the young players at Argyle so instead chose to bring in young players from elsewhere.

I am not saying that Allen is a fantastic player and should have played every game. The fact is I do not know how good he is, because we rarely got to see him play.

You should have faith in young players or what is the point in having them?

What is the point in bringing them through the system to not give them a chance, and to then just release them?

Allen showed potential in the small glimpses we saw of him and he deserved to be given an opportunity.

Then if he didn’t take that chance, he only has himself to blame.

But if these young players can’t get into games in League Two, then where do they go? Non-league football? I think it is a shame.

I am disappointed Allen has gone and it is a shame the Green Army didn’t really get to see him play.

I would have offered him a new contract.

maybe but would it make any difference in the long haul? we have reserve team football this season so the oppotunity is there for games to show wha you can so hopefully now young players and out of favour ones can grasp the oppotunity this presents. But THEY must grab it with both hands and not HAVE IT handed to them. no one is guranteed a career in football no matter where they are from or who they are if they are not prepared to grab it

JASON BANTON

I BLAME his poor form and his demise at Argyle on Sheridan.

When he first came to the club (on loan from Crystal Palace) he scored goals that helped keep the side in the league.

He looked a very good, attacking player.

When he came back to the club full-time after a spell at MK Dons, Banton did not get off to the best of starts.

The more he trained under Sheridan the worse his form seemed to get.

His body language had totally changed and you just wondered how a player with so much pace, who could score good goals, was not getting into a League Two team.

When he was played more in position towards the end of the season we saw glimpses of his talent.

The fact is that John Sheridan could not get the best out of his attacking midfield players.

Banton clearly has something about him, so I would have re-signed him and worked hard to help him rediscover his best form.

blame sheridan all you like but at the end of the day banton has bounced around from so many clubs despite being only 22-23 and they all say the same thing when they let him go he has talent but he wont put in the work needed to make it count on a weekly basis. Whoever signs him will almost have to build a team around him and hope he is in the mood to get the best out of him. Even if he stayed on Del Bhey wouldnt tolerate his low workrate and gotten rid of him just as quick despite him being a maager who likes wingers

DOMINIC BLIZZARD

DOMINIC BLIZZARD’S time at Argyle seemed to be blighted with injury and to be honest I don’t think he did well enough to warrant a new contract.

He lacked pace and didn’t really seem to be involved in games.

I never really saw Blizzard take charge of a game and I never went home thinking, ‘Wow, Dominic Blizzard had a great game’.

the guy can bitch to every paper going but all the reasons he got let go and blame everyone but himself for it, at the end of the day you could shit 2 of blizzards ilk an make do. he is no loss at all

MATT LECOINTE

UNFORTUNATELY you can only wait so long for a player to get fit, although I do feel very sorry for Matt Lecointe.

I was out injured for a season during my career and it is horrible, but if Argyle had offered him a new contract it would have been a big risk.

I really do wish him luck and I hope he finds a club but I would have reluctantly let him go had I been in charge.

He has talent but injury can really effect you mentally, not just physically.

2 years out of the game and still having treatment on the same knee, i'd say his pro career is over sadly.

MARVIN MORGAN

IF ANY signing makes you question John Sheridan’s judgement then this was it.

I just really did not know what Sheridan saw in Morgan and I believe the signing was a mistake from start to finish.

Certain managers like certain types of players, I get that and maybe Sheridan thought Morgan would be the answer to a big man problem.

But for me he was not a good acquisition and I would not have offered him a new deal.

he is far more interested in his clothing company than he is football. shame he didnt do well here as his record suggested he could have been a useful striker upfront but he was more of a liability and forever getting called for fouls.

OLLIE NORBURN

OLLIE NORBURN started the first few games of the season as a play-maker and then overnight he was out of the team.

The fans definitely did not see enough of him, despite the fact that it was Sheridan who signed him.

Obviously Norburn didn’t prove to be the player that Sheridan wanted, but he never really got a good run in the side.

Replacements were brought in and Norburn was rarely seen again and for that reason I would not have offered him a new deal.

he was a panic buy and never grasp oppotunities when he was presented them. if you fail to take them you shouldnt be shocked if your contract isnt renewed. plus he wasnt a good player and certainly not as good as Lee cox, bobby reid, Anthon O'Connor and olly lee.

JAMIE RICHARDS

ANOTHER young player who Sheridan didn’t rate or trust in the side.

The Green Army never saw anything of him and it is a great shame that he never had an opportunity to prove himself.

I find it very bizarre that so many of the younger players were constantly overlooked, so it is very hard to say whether or not he should have been offered a new deal
He was signed on by Peter Reid he never played him despite having literally no one to pick from for teams, He was here under Carl Fletcher too he my have played him once if i remember rightly but even so he wasn't in his plans. Sheridan gave him more appearances than both reid and fletcher but ultimately he just wasnt good enough to break into the first team after 4 years. I think its safe to say he had his chances more than others have in his shoes. if you arent going ot get into 3 different managers plans after 4 years then its quizical to state is a great shame he has gone. i would say the correct thing to state would be how did he last this long.

its ok to have an opinion even if its against the grain and more power to you if you get paid for it but what is the point of this article exactly? is it another heavily influenced article from the herald so they can have a few shots before the new season starts? it just seems odd to me he is doing interviews with work experienced boys and not very good ones at that pushing the anti sheridan agenda  when he was one of his biggest supporters around when he was here.

As i say im cool with him giving his opinion and getting paid for it but at least stick to your own and dont flipflop like the panto queen katie hopkins does just to sell papers, its not going to increase sells at all i promise you.

I gave my opinion to the players let go in the red bits of the text quoted above.

Last edited by Angry on Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman  retained list   Danny Salman  retained list EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 5:23 pm

I'd say the employment of Peter Shilton had more to do with getting us relegated, although the contiued selection of Adcock did leave me scratching my head
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman  retained list   Danny Salman  retained list EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 6:30 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
I'd say the employment of Peter Shilton had more to do with getting us relegated, although the contiued selection of Adcock did leave me scratching my head

Argyle were in the relegation zone when Shilton was appointed and it was too late by that time. To be fair to Kemp, the early years of his reign were characterised by lack of investment and he probably had to play a lot of the youth team players who proved not to be up to the standard but he also wasted a lot of money when Dan took over on Regis and Smith [good player but always injured].
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman  retained list   Danny Salman  retained list EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 6:56 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Fook me, anyone would think that Salman was a successful manager of 15 years standing rather than someone who didn't have the ability, inclination or bottle to try management for himself. He's entitled to his opinion for sure but frankly he's beginning to get right on my tits and certainly seems to have a bee in his bonnet about Sheridan-playing days legacy maybe? Perhaps he's thinking of his time at Argyle when youngsters like Cross, Adcock and Garner were given numerous chances in the team by Kempy. And helped to get us relegated from the second division and Kempy the boot. Things are so much better at a distance of 25 years.
100% - I wish Salman would just jog on and write for the Chesham gazette or East End Echo. His articles really are pith poor.
Salman writes
RIVER ALLEN is a prime example of why I don’t like the loan system. John Sheridan clearly did not trust the young players at Argyle so instead chose to bring in young players from elsewhere. etc etc - followed by
''The fact is I do not know how good he is, because we rarely got to see him play.

I mean - I havn't seen Freathy, Graiser or Angry play so wouldn't comment on them.

Then he says ''Then if he (Allen) didn’t take that chance, he only has himself to blame''.
FFS is it JS or Allen's fault.

DOMINIC BLIZZARD
DOMINIC BLIZZARD’S time at Argyle seemed to be blighted with injury and to be honest I don’t think he did well enough to warrant a new contract. He lacked pace and didn’t really seem to be involved in games. etc etc

Danny - beh - I think he was released wasn't he - FFS!! and this guy writes for a newspaper

MATT LECOINTEUNFORTUNATELY you can only wait so long for a player to get fit, although I do feel very sorry for Matt Lecointe......... ..but I would have reluctantly let him go had I been in charge.
Oi Danny boy - he WAS let go -

Please please - jog on Danny.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman  retained list   Danny Salman  retained list EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 11:58 pm

Danis is a silly name.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman  retained list   Danny Salman  retained list EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 12:18 am

Geddon JOSH Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman  retained list   Danny Salman  retained list EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 12:57 am

It's pretty contradictory to say River Allen wasn't given a chance, stick the boot into Shez for using loans, state again how you haven't seen the lad play - then say how you would have given him a new deal.

Based on what information exactly? He could have been absolutely crap in training, we don't know.

That said I do agree with Salman's point. I haven't seen Allen kick a ball either. But those who have rate the kid. For him to be offered a pro contract only to have 0 opportunities to show what he is capable of, not even out on loan somewhere, and then released, must be absolutely heartbreaking for the lad.

Developing our youth - never one of Shez's strongest points was it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman  retained list   Danny Salman  retained list EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 6:22 pm

ejh wrote:
It's pretty contradictory to say River Allen wasn't given a chance, stick the boot into Shez for using loans, state again how you haven't seen the lad play - then say how you would have given him a new deal.

Based on what information exactly? He could have been absolutely crap in training, we don't know.

That said I do agree with Salman's point. I haven't seen Allen kick a ball either. But those who have rate the kid. For him to be offered a pro contract only to have 0 opportunities to show what he is capable of, not even out on loan somewhere, and then released, must be absolutely heartbreaking for the lad.

Developing our youth - never one of Shez's strongest points was it?

the youth have to be god enough to be developed they arent going to get it hand to them without working hard and grabing chances no matter when they come.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman  retained list   Danny Salman  retained list Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1