PlymptonPilgrim
Dick Trickle
Tgwu
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Blizzard blames Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Blizzard blames Sheridan   Blizzard blames Sheridan EmptySun May 31, 2015 10:59 am

Blizzard blames Sheridan for Argyle play-off slump

By Sports Journalist David Munday

Recently released midfielder Dominic Blizzard has hit out at the way Argyle prepared for their play-off camp

Recently released Plymouth Argyle midfielder Dominic Blizzard has picked out the team’s poor preparation and negativity as the reason for their play-off collapse against Wycombe Wanderers.

We weren’t set-up properly in either game and we never really committed too many players forward

Argyle lost both legs of their play-off semi-finals against the Chairboys; 3-2 at Home Park and 2-1 five days later at Adams Park.

In a frank summation of their exit from the play-offs, Blizzard pointed the finger at departed boss Sheridan, saying the team were ‘not set up properly’ and employed a system which did not suit their players.

“I thought we were really not good at all in the play-offs – we were very disorganis

“We conceded those poor goals from set-pieces because we hadn’t been properly prepared for them, and that showed.

“I don’t think the system helped our cause and I don’t think the way we were playing got the best out of the group.”

The 29-year-old explained that had Argyle prepared and played like they had at the beginning of the season they would have fared much better in their attempts at achieving promotion to League One.

“The last six months of the season were really disappointing. I felt that we really trailed off and that there was lots of negativity going into games after Christmas.

“We weren’t blowing people away, especially at home, like we had done before then.

“There was a definite change in the atmosphere at the club around that time and it 100 per cent affected on the team.

“At the beginning of the season we were playing like we could challenge for automatic promotion so we were bitterly disappointed to just scrape into the play-offs in the end.

“Speaking to all the boys in the team all of us feel like we underachieved.

“We had a decent squad and there was a lot more talent in the group than we showed in the end which was disappointing.”

Speaking about his departure from the club, the former Yeovil Town midfielder suggested that he wasn’t given the chance to showcase the full range of his abilities in the latter half of the campaign.

“I wasn’t surprised [at being released] to be honest.

“I’d been expecting it since about January really.

“I wasn’t happy with how the last six months of the season played out for me as I felt I didn’t really get much of a chance to play
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard blames Sheridan   Blizzard blames Sheridan EmptySun May 31, 2015 11:11 am

Sounds like sour grapes to me, wasnt as if he played brilliantly in that game or that season himself.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard blames Sheridan   Blizzard blames Sheridan EmptySun May 31, 2015 11:31 am

I think the words "recently released" are apt here.

How would preparing the team better have stopped Wycombe's third goal in the first leg?

If Luke is so super then why did we concede a carbon copy goal in the 2nd leg within the first ten minutes.

Yes, Sheridan was at fault but Blizzard is trying to erase all blame from the players who frankly seemed to not give a toss outside of the last 10 minutes of the 1st leg and probably the first 20 after HT in the 2nd leg.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard blames Sheridan   Blizzard blames Sheridan EmptySun May 31, 2015 12:13 pm

Professional footballer blames manager for his own failings?

T'was ever thus.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard blames Sheridan   Blizzard blames Sheridan EmptySun May 31, 2015 12:19 pm

Look back at the goal we conceded at home to Wycombe when we lost 1-0. It's more or less identical to the first goal we conceded in the play-offs. So similar it's scary.

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard blames Sheridan   Blizzard blames Sheridan EmptySun May 31, 2015 12:49 pm

Its probably why Snowdrop has been shown the exit door at every club he's failed at, never the right manager! lets hope he has more luck at ASDA.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard blames Sheridan   Blizzard blames Sheridan EmptySun May 31, 2015 1:11 pm

Rat bastard.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard blames Sheridan   Blizzard blames Sheridan EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:13 pm

Meh, fits with what I've heard from Jason Banton - Shez lost the dressing room. Simple as.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard blames Sheridan   Blizzard blames Sheridan EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:19 pm

Paven wrote:
Meh, fits with what I've heard from Jason Banton - Shez lost the dressing room. Simple as.

Another guy with sour grapes and was rightly left out the team because he was shit for the majority of his time here?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard blames Sheridan   Blizzard blames Sheridan EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:27 pm

What was it Steve Archibald once said?

"Team spirit is an illusion brought about by winning."

Or something like that.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard blames Sheridan   Blizzard blames Sheridan EmptySun May 31, 2015 3:10 pm

Or maybe they're right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard blames Sheridan   Blizzard blames Sheridan EmptySun May 31, 2015 3:31 pm

steveinspain wrote:
Or maybe they're right.

Listening to a player who has spent two seasons with the great man and can compare it with his time under other gaffers, is clearly a bridge too far for some. The wounds are still a bit too raw for that.

Us conceding goals, let alone set pieces was rare at the start of the season, then we conceded 5 in two games during which a player said our preparation was poor by his standards. Hardly revolutionary stuff is it? We played crap and looked nervous and unprepared - Blizz is saying well we didn't really prepare and the players had no confidence in Shez in the playoffs. The evidence on the pitch doesn't deny what he is saying really.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard blames Sheridan   Blizzard blames Sheridan EmptySun May 31, 2015 3:50 pm

This from a player who ran the ball out of play at wycombe. ? Ffs useless
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard blames Sheridan   Blizzard blames Sheridan EmptySun May 31, 2015 3:54 pm

ejh wrote:
steveinspain wrote:
Or maybe they're right.

Listening to a player who has spent two seasons with the great man and can compare it with his time under other gaffers, is clearly a bridge too far for some. The wounds are still a bit too raw for that.

Us conceding goals, let alone set pieces was rare at the start of the season, then we conceded 5 in two games during which a player said our preparation was poor by his standards. Hardly revolutionary stuff is it? We played crap and looked nervous and unprepared - Blizz is saying well we didn't really prepare and the players had no confidence in Shez in the playoffs. The evidence on the pitch doesn't deny what he is saying really.

yeah it does as its not like they are asking players still there is it. They are asking players he told were shit and not getting another contract so they are hardly going to say he was shankley reborn are they.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard blames Sheridan   Blizzard blames Sheridan EmptySun May 31, 2015 3:54 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
What was it Steve Archibald once said?

"Team spirit is an illusion brought about by winning."

Or something like that.

In the last 3 matches we had one forward partnership/trio and formation that was absolutely buzzing, and one that had clearly run out of steam weeks/months ago.

How can the players have any confidence knowing they were preparing an inferior gameplan they didn't agree with?

This is the definition of a manager losing his players. It results in low confidence, slumped shoulders, heads down reactions, second best to everything - everything we showed in the playoff games.

How our team mentality dropped to that level for a playoff game is a major cause for concern. We looked like a relegation team with all the doom and pressure of the world suffocating the players. Good managers at any level or in any industry get high productivity from the organisation when required - Sheridan clearly had lost his ability to do this judging by the reaction Sheridan got in both first halfs against Ainsworth's. Ainsworth's preparation for both finals was evidently superior - they tried harder, they believed in themselves, and Argyle didn't.

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard blames Sheridan   Blizzard blames Sheridan EmptySun May 31, 2015 4:00 pm

ejh wrote:
steveinspain wrote:
Or maybe they're right.

What is that supposed to mean? Does that mean that they deliberately went out to allow Hayes to lose his marker twice, not to play to the whistle admittedly to a blatant hand ball or for McCormick to punch the ball straight up in the air when he could easily have caught it? If so, it certainly blows the concept of the players caring two shits about the club or it's supporters high into the air. Blizzard should take a good look at himself before looking for scapegoats for his own wretched performance-in the first half of the second leg he gave one of the most awful performances of any Argyle midfielder it's been my misfortune to witness and I've seen a few. He had 57 chances to prove himself at Argyle, around about the same number as he had before being released by Stockport and Yeovil. which may tell you something in itself. If you had bothered to read Alessandra's comments the other day, they directly contradicted Blizzard's point of view which again may tell it's own story;

"We have actually conceded all five goals (against Wycombe) from set pieces, which is really disappointing for how much we work on them.

"If I could put my finger on it I would tell you, but I honestly don't know."

Sounds like Lewi may well have been speaking from a rather more objective view point than our Dom.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard blames Sheridan   Blizzard blames Sheridan EmptySun May 31, 2015 4:07 pm

When players still contracted are saying the same thing as Blizzard, then it's worth listening to.

Until then....
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard blames Sheridan   Blizzard blames Sheridan EmptySun May 31, 2015 4:11 pm

I reckon that might breach their contract.

And until a player under contract comes out and says he's talking shit I believe him.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard blames Sheridan   Blizzard blames Sheridan EmptySun May 31, 2015 4:19 pm

There is possibly a touch of sour grapes and obviously frustration in Blizzard's comments......but also a ring of truth in some of the things that he says.

What happened around the Christmas period for things to start coming apart......because things certainly did go wrong from then onward.....it couldn't just be that our successful loanees where returned to their parent clubs......and our inability to sort it out efficiently and quickly looked quite amateur.

Is BLizzard saying what other players don't feel able to comment on because they're under contract still.......is it the reason that Banton wanted to leave because he couldn't face another season under Sheridan.......is it the reason that there are rumours that Alessandro won't sign another contract........did Sheridan send the players mixed messages about how to play and his inability to have a plan B.......why did Argyle never ever win a game when going behind.

What Blizzard says about the players not being properly prepared for the play-offs certainly came to fruition......and why did a team that looked possible promotion top three at Christmas only just scrape into the play-offs.....they could of been much better than that......what was obvious was that Sheridan was not a very good communicator...not only with his players but infront of the mic with joe public.....other than football he had no connection to the area at all.....and although many feel that he didn't need to live in the area, some connection with Argyle and Plymouth would have been appreciated.......it was always Plymouth that he talked about never Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard blames Sheridan   Blizzard blames Sheridan EmptySun May 31, 2015 4:40 pm

zyph wrote:
There is possibly a touch of sour grapes and obviously frustration in Blizzard's comments......but also a ring of truth in some of the things that he says.

What happened around the Christmas period for things to start coming apart......because things certainly did go wrong from then onward.....it couldn't just be that our successful loanees where returned to their parent clubs......and our inability to sort it out efficiently and quickly looked quite amateur.

Is BLizzard saying what other players don't feel able to comment on because they're under contract still.......is it the reason that Banton wanted to leave because he couldn't face another season under Sheridan.......is it the reason that there are rumours that Alessandro won't sign another contract........did Sheridan send the players mixed messages about how to play and his inability to have a plan B.......why did Argyle never ever win a game when going behind.

What Blizzard says about the players not being properly prepared for the play-offs certainly came to fruition......and why did a team that looked possible promotion top three at Christmas only just scrape into the play-offs.....they could of been much better than that......what was obvious was that Sheridan was not a very good communicator...not only with his players but infront of the mic with joe public.....other than football he had no connection to the area at all.....and although many feel that he didn't need to live in the area, some connection with Argyle and Plymouth would have been appreciated.......it was always Plymouth that he talked about never Argyle.

its a truth those who want to cling to anythng to bash someone with will believe to me czarcasm said it best.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard blames Sheridan   Blizzard blames Sheridan EmptySun May 31, 2015 4:49 pm

Maybe negativity around argyle wasnt all sgeridans fault ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard blames Sheridan   Blizzard blames Sheridan EmptySun May 31, 2015 6:33 pm

Angry wrote:
zyph wrote:

its a truth those who want to cling to anythng to bash someone with will believe to me czarcasm said it best.

And those who want to ignore Blizzard evidently will too, bringing into question his ability as a player (what has that got to do with what he is saying?), and even saying it is better to listen to Alessandra for cutting edge analysis, who profoundly reflected 'I have no idea why we got battered and played crap'.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard blames Sheridan   Blizzard blames Sheridan EmptySun May 31, 2015 6:41 pm

ejh wrote:
Angry wrote:
zyph wrote:

And those who want to ignore Blizzard evidently will too, bringing into question his ability as a player (what has that got to do with what he is saying?), and even saying it is better to listen to Alessandra for cutting edge analysis, who profoundly reflected 'I have no idea why we got battered and played crap'.

ejh, you got what you wanted, The man who kept the club in the football league has been run out of town, you should be happy?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard blames Sheridan   Blizzard blames Sheridan EmptySun May 31, 2015 6:53 pm

ejh wrote:
Angry wrote:
zyph wrote:

Anyone ever mentioned to you that you're a stupid, naive and word twisting twat?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard blames Sheridan   Blizzard blames Sheridan EmptySun May 31, 2015 6:54 pm

ejh wrote:
Angry wrote:
zyph wrote:

but blizzard was shit though are you going to try and say he wasnt?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard blames Sheridan   Blizzard blames Sheridan Empty

Back to top Go down

Blizzard blames Sheridan
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next