Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Drop Reuben and Lewis?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Drop Reuben and Lewis? Empty
PostSubject: Drop Reuben and Lewis?   Drop Reuben and Lewis? EmptySat May 02, 2015 8:40 pm

Fantastic performance today.

So much more movement and energy up front without a tired and distinctly unclinical Reuben up front.

Brunt dominated their back line for physicality, Ansah's pace and movement created so many outlets for Bobby Reid to thread.

Some big headaches for Shez, but it's a bold move to bring bavk a static striker who is out of form and hasn't had a good game in months after watching that forward trio go to work today.

Congrats to Sheridan, team and tactics were spot on today. Haven't seen the team that up for it in years. They all want the start against Wycombe, great to see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drop Reuben and Lewis?   Drop Reuben and Lewis? EmptySat May 02, 2015 8:47 pm

Mellor, McHugh and Bobby were also back to their best today.

Glowing inside now, we have a real chance of doing this! This is the buzz that has been distinctly lacking following Argyle, but what a time to give the fans a reminder of what this team can achieve when it is focused and on the right page.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Drop Reuben and Lewis?   Drop Reuben and Lewis? EmptySat May 02, 2015 9:43 pm

team seemed much faster in the 1st 45mins no slow boring build up
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Drop Reuben and Lewis?   Drop Reuben and Lewis? EmptySat May 02, 2015 10:36 pm

Depends entirely on how fit Reuben is for next week. It would be a big call for Shez to leave Reid and Alessandra out of the team, whatever may have happened today- when all's said and done they have scored 29 league goals between them, which is one of the best partnerships in the division. I suppose it may be a nice thought to have Lewis and Rooben on the bench ready to come on but my money would be on both starting if fit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drop Reuben and Lewis?   Drop Reuben and Lewis? EmptySat May 02, 2015 10:47 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Depends entirely on how fit Reuben is for next week. It would be a big call for Shez to leave Reid and Alessandra out of the team, whatever may have happened today- when all's said and done they have scored 29 league goals between them, which is one of the best partnerships in the division. I suppose it may be a nice thought to have Lewis and Rooben on the bench ready to come on but my money would be on both starting if fit.

Lewis definitely will play and would have today if it wasnt for the bug, as for Reuben depending on how the week off has helped his injury i would have him on the bench or out of the team for the 1st leg and have him ready for the 2nd leg where the real war will happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drop Reuben and Lewis?   Drop Reuben and Lewis? EmptySat May 02, 2015 11:26 pm

Greenskin wrote:

Reuben at his best gets picked.

Reuben in his last 10 games wouldn't.

Which is the way Sheridan should look at this?

Ansah and Brunt looked so much sharper and more up for it today than Reuben has in months.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Drop Reuben and Lewis?   Drop Reuben and Lewis? EmptySun May 03, 2015 1:38 am

If Reuben doesn't play who would take a penalty if we get one?

In fact with that in mind in the away leg maybe he shouldn't start. After all he usually plays about 70 minutes and then goes off. Perhaps he could be the ace in the hole and come on for the last 20? It could go to extra time in which case he gets 50 minutes in total. And it could go to penalties - and we would want him on the pitch then, wouldn't we!
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Drop Reuben and Lewis?   Drop Reuben and Lewis? EmptySun May 03, 2015 2:26 pm

Reuben and Ansah on Saturday for me, though think Alessandra and Reid will probably be the starting two. Either are fine by me, we know what Reuben's been like in the big games this season to be fair..

Brunt was ok but probably the worst of all 14 who played, worked hard but as expected he lost the ball a lot but put a shift in, he's ok but never in a million years should he be getting in above Reuben or Alessandra.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drop Reuben and Lewis?   Drop Reuben and Lewis? EmptyFri May 15, 2015 2:01 am

Looks like Sheridan mismanaged this issue fooking badly.

It was clear at Shrewsbury, and if not there then blindingly obvious after the first leg that Brunt/Ansah was the in form partnership.

In the last 3 matches Brunt/Ansah: scored 5, conceded 0.
In the last two alone, Reid/Alessandra: scored 0/conceded 5.

Clearly a tough choice on who to start in a must win game wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drop Reuben and Lewis?   Drop Reuben and Lewis? Empty

Back to top Go down

Drop Reuben and Lewis?
Page 1 of 1