Mock Cuncher
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Playoff Tickets Empty
PostSubject: Playoff Tickets   Playoff Tickets EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 11:54 am

How much would it cost to re-open the terrace for one game, compared to how much it would make for that one game selling out?

We've got 13 days, is that enough time to get it open?

Or is the whole stand too much of a write off to even consider it?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Playoff Tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Tickets   Playoff Tickets EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 11:59 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
How much would it cost to re-open the terrace for one game, compared to how much it would make for that one game selling out?

Would the reluctant one pay to put in temp seats or do the groundwork to allow fans to stand there though? Plus would there be a demand for it if they did do it?

Last edited by Angry on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Playoff Tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Tickets   Playoff Tickets EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 12:04 pm

Wonder how much the match tickets will be
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Playoff Tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Tickets   Playoff Tickets EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 12:22 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:

I was thinking much the same the other day but with a deadline for the start of next season rather than the home play-off game.

I don't think it is a matter of "if we need the capacity" though because we probably do not. It's more a matter of ridding the stadium of the air of dereliction that the disused terrace brings. It fore shorely wouldn't cost that much to put a few breeze blocks down with benching across the top of it. I'm sure it could be done and done incredibly cheaply - and maybe within 13 days to boot.

Of course it would be tacit admission that the grandstand isn't due to be replaced imminently which in turn means that Brent's Abomination isn't about to start which in turn means that he isn't going to trouser any profit while showing a commitment to giving the fans, the club and the stadium exactly what is needed to build on this season's limited/amazing* (*delete as appropriate in due course) success so I'm not expecting it to happen.

WE WANT OUR MAYFLOWER BACK!
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

Playoff Tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Tickets   Playoff Tickets EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 12:33 pm

A question that the Trust could ask?
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

Playoff Tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Tickets   Playoff Tickets EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 12:40 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

I was thinking much the same the other day but with a deadline for the start of next season rather than the home play-off game.

I don't think it is a matter of "if we need the capacity" though because we probably do not. It's more a matter of ridding the stadium of the air of dereliction that the disused terrace brings. It fore shorely wouldn't cost that much to put a few breeze blocks down with benching across the top of it. I'm sure it could be done and done incredibly cheaply - and maybe within 13 days to boot.

Of course it would be tacit admission that the grandstand isn't due to be replaced imminently which in turn means that Brent's Abomination isn't about to start which in turn means that he isn't going to trouser any profit while showing a commitment to giving the fans, the club and the stadium exactly what is needed to build on this season's limited/amazing* (*delete as appropriate in due course) success so I'm not expecting it to happen.

WE WANT OUR MAYFLOWER BACK!

I may be wrong, but I recall the safety certificate for the ground states that it is an all-seater venue, and to have terracing back we'd need an exemption from the Home Secretary.

I'm sure putting some temporary seating down isn't beyond the wit of mankind, but given the lethargy of Brent's Argyle it just ain't gonna happen, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Playoff Tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Tickets   Playoff Tickets EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 12:46 pm

Why not volunteer to be a safe-standing are triallist?

It is sitting there just waiting to happen.

Get it done.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
steveinspain

steveinspain

Playoff Tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Tickets   Playoff Tickets EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 12:53 pm

Let the whole grandstand side of the ground fall into disrepair then fans will be happy with whatever is built.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

Playoff Tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Tickets   Playoff Tickets EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 1:03 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Why not volunteer to be a safe-standing are triallist?

It is sitting there just waiting to happen.

Get it done.

Aren't Bristol City installing safe-standing at Ashton Gate? Only its the rugby lot that get to use it, whereas us footy hooligans have to pull up a pew.

The Football League & FA simply WONT let us revert to a standing terrace, in the guise of a proper terrace, safe-standing or otherwise. The only thing we can do to get fans back on the mayflower is to bring back the temporary seating that was there before. I can't imagine the rent for it for a single game would be that great. It was deemed unprofitable at a recent Q&A with the board, though personally this should be of an importance that transcends profit - its about getting an atmosphere back in a four sided Home Park and getting as many fans into witness and cheers us on to some potential success. Its days like these that can convert the unconverted into long time fans.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Playoff Tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Tickets   Playoff Tickets EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 1:03 pm

We won't sell out the playoff SF anyway but it is an eyesore, paint it green and plant it up with pots and stuff, green army!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Playoff Tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Tickets   Playoff Tickets EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 5:04 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
We won't sell out the playoff SF anyway but it is an eyesore, paint it green and plant it up with pots and stuff, green army!

I think you'll find we certainly will
Back to top Go down

Playoff Tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Tickets   Playoff Tickets EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 5:06 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

GIANT PASTIES thats how you celebrate big games like this
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Playoff Tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Tickets   Playoff Tickets EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 5:20 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

We shall see.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

Playoff Tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Tickets   Playoff Tickets EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 7:48 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:

though personally this should be of an importance that transcends profit.

This is Brent we are talking about...Nothing transcends profit.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

Playoff Tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Tickets   Playoff Tickets EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 8:19 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

What would a sell out be now? 13,500? I think its officially about 16k capacity at current, but lets be honest we've seen the games against Exeter at 13k crowds and there's barely a seat spare. Someone's fiddled the numbers to justify the ministand I reckon...
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

Playoff Tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Tickets   Playoff Tickets EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 8:32 pm

16,388 officially.

I can't imagine Wycombe selling out their end, somehow.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Playoff Tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Tickets   Playoff Tickets EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 8:47 pm

Wycombe 2000/2350 away fan capacity
Bury 2000 away fan capacity
Southend 1200 (can be increased to 2000)
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Dick Trickle

Playoff Tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Tickets   Playoff Tickets EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 8:58 pm

Blatant plug but need a nice season ticket holder who isn't planning to attend the away leg to get a ticket for me.....please.

A nice bottle of their tipple as a thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
RWW

Playoff Tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Tickets   Playoff Tickets EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 9:07 pm

It would cost about £100 000 to reinstall seating on the Mayflower terrace.

If we hired them it would cost £100 000 each season (or part of season)

For one game it would make no financial sense given there would be about 4000 seasons available needing to sell at £25 to break even.  (Not allowing for kids tickets etc.)

Add to this that the gate receipts are shared between all the competing teams in the play offs and it becomes even less worthwhile. 

"5.4.1 50% of the Net Gate Receipts shall be paid into the Pool Account referred to in Article 65; and

5.4.2 the remaining 50% of the Net Gate Receipts shall be aggregated, Division by Division, and each Division’s aggregated monies shall be shared equally amongst the four Clubs taking part in that Division’s Play-Off matches. "

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mr Brent is still interested in selling but only at a silly price that puts people off.  I suppose it someone wants it bad enough they will pay for it.

On another note, the club are going to find it very hard to hold onto Nelson this summer as he has made it clear he wants to go which is another worry.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Playoff Tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Tickets   Playoff Tickets EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 9:18 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

We shall see.

I'm with LesMiz..

Sweepstake!

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Playoff Tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Tickets   Playoff Tickets EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 9:47 pm

Rickler wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

We shall see.

I'm with LesMiz..

Sweepstake!

Good shout Ricks, without knowing our opponent I'm loath to give an exact guess or a precise estimation..........13,999 clown
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Playoff Tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Tickets   Playoff Tickets EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 7:03 am

What ever the capacity is it will be full......Only exception will be any unsold seats from the away end.
You forget there are no local junior or senior matches across the County at 7.45 on a Saturday evening
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Playoff Tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Tickets   Playoff Tickets EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 9:25 am

.....We shall see.....
Back to top Go down

Playoff Tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Tickets   Playoff Tickets EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 9:32 am

I'm pretty sure we will sell out too. Just under 10,000 last home game. Janners love a sniff of something worth watching, it's just the routine run of the mill games they tire of pretty quickly!
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

Playoff Tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Tickets   Playoff Tickets EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 9:40 am

I'm not so sure that the wider Janner nation have been bitten by the promotion bug this time around. Crikey even Pasoti has hardly been orgasmic over the past few weeks. It feels as if we've stumbled into the play offs because the rest of the division outside of the top 5 is just so shite.

One point to note is that whoever we play, especially if it is Wycombe, are going to come into the play off game on the back of a devastating weekend. It is possible that the 4th placed team cold finish on 85 points and still not be promoted.

How crushing would that be? Let's hope so because any logical conclusion would suggest it is our only hope.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Playoff Tickets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Tickets   Playoff Tickets Empty

Back to top Go down

Playoff Tickets
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next