Cornish Chris
Josh Pope
Dick Trickle
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
gasser9

Zebroski Jailed - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zebroski Jailed   Zebroski Jailed - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:10 am

I think it is fair to say that Paul Wotton has divided the fan base over the years far more than any other Argyle player.
Has played nearly 500 games for Argyle and voted player of the year twice by the supporters but some comments on here suggest he's barely able to kick a ball. Some have said he has limited ability but I am sorry you don't play 500 games in the football league on limited ability. Sure he has weaknesses but he also has strength's which compensate for those weaknesses otherwise he would have been found out very quickly. When he was out of favour he fought his way back in the side and what ever you may think he never went missing. He was always wanting the ball and that was one of the reason that sets him apart from other more gifted players.
His character is very often questioned by people who have never met him but take on the mantle of disliking the guy on the basis of what other people say.
Zebroski is an utter thug end of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zebroski Jailed   Zebroski Jailed - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:35 am

gasser9 wrote:
I think it is fair to say that Paul Wotton has divided the fan base over the years far more than any other Argyle player.
Has played nearly 500 games for Argyle and voted player of the year twice by the supporters but some comments on here suggest he's barely able to kick a ball. Some have said he has limited ability but I am sorry you don't play 500 games in the football league on limited ability. Sure he has weaknesses but he also has strength's which compensate for those weaknesses otherwise he would have been found out very quickly. When he was out of favour he fought his way back in the side and what ever you may think he never went missing. He was always wanting the ball and that was one of the reason that sets him apart from other more gifted players.
His character is very often questioned by people who have never met him but take on the mantle of disliking the guy on the basis of what other people say.

I have meet him several times and he is a total bellend no question about it. He was an average player at best who just happend to be good at set pieces and leading thats it. Hence why he got himself back in the teams despite not being as good as everyone else.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Zebroski Jailed   Zebroski Jailed - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 10:04 am

Angry wrote:
gasser9 wrote:

I have meet him several times and he is a total bellend no question about it. He was an average player at best who just happend to be good at set pieces and leading thats it. Hence why he got himself back in the teams despite not being as good as everyone else.

You've just confirmed what I have thought all along you know feck all about football.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Zebroski Jailed   Zebroski Jailed - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 10:16 am

Even last season we only hit our best patch with a 37 year old Paul Wotton in the team ffs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zebroski Jailed   Zebroski Jailed - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 11:44 am

gasser9 wrote:

Have you actually met Wotton then? His 500 odd appearances aren't what is being discussed here.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Zebroski Jailed   Zebroski Jailed - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 11:59 am

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/12903646.Ex_footballer_in_court_over_assault_on_partner/
Another three month sentence that had nothing to do with Wotton. The vicious attack on Wotton was nothing to do with bullying but everything to do with CZ being a total dick.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Zebroski Jailed   Zebroski Jailed - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 12:20 pm

I think some people are unable to grasp the possible concept that, regardless of whether Zebrowski is the biggest dick in the history of the World, at the same time, Paul Wotton is a knobend and there was history there.

It is utterly bizarre otherwise, that a Hasney Aljofree comment results is Wotton getting attacked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zebroski Jailed   Zebroski Jailed - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 12:26 pm

FFS nobody is disputing that CZ is a bellend and nobody is disputing that Wotton deserves respect as a footballer for his 500 appearances and 2 promotions.

I was told by a someone that was there at the time that CZ reacted as he did because PW took the piss out of his stutter. I've no reason to dispute that

I've been told by someone else that PW is a complete cock and bully towards younger lads but is a good laugh once you make the first team squad. He also told me that PW is a political type who is trying to become manager at PAFC and will brown nose and back stab whoever to get there. There was also a rumour that he had a training ground fight with Darren Purse which is only a rumour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zebroski Jailed   Zebroski Jailed - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 12:27 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I think some people are unable to grasp the possible concept that, regardless of whether Zebrowski is the biggest dick in the history of the World, at the same time, Paul Wotton is a knobend and there was history there.

It is utterly bizarre otherwise, that a Hasney Aljofree comment results is Wotton getting attacked.

Its a thing with Argyle. You're either a brown tint or a green tint. Nothing in between.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zebroski Jailed   Zebroski Jailed - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 1:30 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

I do get what you're saying but its all to do with the punishment fitting the crime, had CZ gone and chinned Wotton then it probably wouldn't have gone any further and most of us would have said Wotton deserved what he got however he brained him with a glass jug and nearly severed his ear. The guy that killed the young Da Sousa lad in Kingsbridge (rip pilgrim) only (and please don't read this as anyway condoning the action) hit him with a a half pint bottle. I don't think he meant to kill the lad but in hindsight CZ was probably more likely to kill Woton with the jug than the guy who hit D'S with a bottle. It is extremely violent behaviour and more than Wotton "deserved" for taking the piss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zebroski Jailed   Zebroski Jailed - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 1:56 pm

gasser9 wrote:
Angry wrote:
gasser9 wrote:

You've just confirmed what I have thought all along you know feck all about football.

How old are you seriously?

Name me some examples where he was outstanding overall?

Apart from set pieces and yes even long range toe punts too and leading the only two things he was good at what else was there to him? face it he was never a fantastic player and that's a universal opinion of him not just mine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zebroski Jailed   Zebroski Jailed - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:11 pm

What Wotton lacked in toe tapping skill he made up for in reading the game, marshalling the other players and of course free kicks and penalties. He was left out for more gifted players more than once and ended up back in the team.
I would take a young Wotton and Hodges into this team in an instant and would provide a lot of what we are lacking presently.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Zebroski Jailed   Zebroski Jailed - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Iggy wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

I do get what you're saying but its all to do with the punishment fitting the crime, had CZ gone and chinned Wotton then it probably wouldn't have gone any further and most of us would have said Wotton deserved what he got however he brained him with a glass jug and nearly severed his ear. The guy that killed the young Da Sousa lad in Kingsbridge (rip pilgrim) only (and please don't read this as anyway condoning the action) hit him with a a half pint bottle. I don't think he meant to kill the lad but in hindsight CZ was probably more likely to kill Woton with the jug than the guy who hit D'S with a bottle. It is extremely violent behaviour and more than Wotton "deserved" for taking the piss.

I don't think anyone is saying that getting 'jugged' is a proportionate retaliation for mocking a personal ailment. But to slightly digress, if you were down on the Octagon at two in the morning taking the piss out of passers by for your amusement, there is an extremely high chance that someone is going to react and put you on your arse. Now you may just be put on your arse and get up again. You may hit your head badly and need multiple stitches, or you may hit your head in such a way that you end up dead. Neither of the last two scenarios would be a fitting and proportionate response or result, but when you behave like a bit of a cnut initially, you open yourself up to a response that may well be disproportionate in terms of what you did do deserve it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zebroski Jailed   Zebroski Jailed - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:49 pm

Iggy wrote:
What Wotton lacked in toe tapping skill he made up for in reading the game, marshalling the other players and of course free kicks and penalties. He was left out for more gifted players more than once and ended up back in the team.
I would take a young Wotton and Hodges into this team in an instant and would provide a lot of what we are lacking presently.

Thats pretty much what i said leadership and set pieces. Those sort of players are hard to take out of any team when there isnt like minded player around to slot in as Luggy found out when he got rid of him, nalis, hodges and abdou and didnt replace either of them which at the time i thought was a big mistake and i was proven very right.
Overall he wasn't a great player or the catalyst for our league title successes under his captaincy for which he did play his part in. For me the spine of Larrieu, Coughlan, Friio and Evans were the core reasons but his leadership and set pieces helped hold it together to which i give him credit for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zebroski Jailed   Zebroski Jailed - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 7:02 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

You are forming an opinion of Wotton based on hearsay. Are you telling me Wotton ripped the piss out of CZ and his stutter and yet all the senior players said and did nothing? There is peer pressure but football is full of strong enough characters who will object to outright bullying that is clearly out of order.

The people who were in the room don't seem to agree Wotton did anything out of order which set him over the edge - for example, telling Chris his mother was a whore, or anything below the belt. Football is famous for its initiations - Beckham, Schools, Keane, Giggs etc. All had to stand on a chair and sing a song to the Manchester united senior dressing room. Aljofree taunting the young lads about their karaoke initiation really is nothing different.

I don't deny Wotton is an alpha male type but I would say the signs point to Zebroski having an extreme anger problem much more than Wotton being undeniably out of order and finally getting what was coming to him.

We are privileged enough to have a former director on the forum who was there, and who presumably was part of the board who investigated the incident and reached the conclusion that Zebroski should no longer be a part of the club. I don't understand why a lot of you are ignoring Damon's posts to go with the 'well my mate down the pub who knows David Norris said Wotton is a right gobby twat and had it coming', sort of line. Damon is literally saying that Zebroski was dangerous and volatile, CZ's arrest record since has strongly supported that conclusion - maybe this one is as it seems, and a shy young man with psychological problems exploded under the pressure of a dressing room initation that is quite commonplace in football.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Zebroski Jailed   Zebroski Jailed - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 7:29 pm

It's the STUTTER stupid!

You seem to have great difficulty in grasping this relevent fact.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Zebroski Jailed   Zebroski Jailed - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 7:36 pm

There are thousands of people with stutters who have the piss taken out of them and yet they don't glass people!

You seem to have great difficulty in understanding that relevent fact.

Stoopid!
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Zebroski Jailed   Zebroski Jailed - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 7:52 pm

And those thousands are not made to sing alone in front of a piss taking bunch of 'alpha male men'.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Zebroski Jailed   Zebroski Jailed - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 7:55 pm

ejh wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

You are forming an opinion of Wotton based on hearsay.

Give me strength. Rolling Eyes

Trusting the character judgements of lifelong friends who have known Wotton nearly all his life, is slightly different from hearsay.

Hearsay, would be reading an opinion on a football messageboard from a stranger, then getting involved in the debate.clown

I'm out.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Zebroski Jailed   Zebroski Jailed - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 8:01 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
ejh wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Trusting the character judgements of lifelong friends who have known Wotton nearly all his life, is slightly different from hearsay.

Hearsay, would be reading an opinion on a football messageboard from a stranger, then getting involved in the debate.clown

I'm out.

Want to borrow a big glass jug Czar ?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Zebroski Jailed   Zebroski Jailed - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 8:03 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
ejh wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

I'm out.

F-f-f-f-ff-feck Off! Laughing
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Zebroski Jailed   Zebroski Jailed - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 8:08 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zebroski Jailed   Zebroski Jailed - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 8:14 pm

Rickler wrote:
There are thousands of people with stutters who have the piss taken out of them and yet they don't glass people!

Stoopid!

Oh FFS!! You seem to have great difficulty understanding the fact that whilst CZ obviously has serious anger management issues, PW is a sly toady that thinks nothing of bullying youth players who in the words of someone who knew him, "has a bark far worse than his bite". Furthermore, I know personally someone who was there at the time and was told that PW was taking the piss out of his stutter.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Zebroski Jailed   Zebroski Jailed - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:02 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
ejh wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

I'm out.

F-f-f-f-ff-feck Off! Laughing

It's easy for you to say that.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Zebroski Jailed   Zebroski Jailed - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:22 pm

Rickler wrote:

Stoopid!
Why must you hurl abuse at people? Does the fact that thousands of people (figures from where?) with a stutter who have the piss taken out of them and don't react make it OK to abuse them. Of course not! If you walked down Royal Parade and called a black person the 'n' word and were arrested (quite rightly) then any defence of ''but it happens daily up country'' would be laughed out of court.

Damon is literally saying that Zebroski was dangerous and volatile. At that stage CZ had been at the club for 12 months so how had DL arrived at that opinion. What has happened since backs up the comment but at that stage DL hardly knew the guy. Yes CZ has got what was due and he is a thug but lets not forget that hurling abuse, whether initiation or not, is wrong. It was banned in the armed forces years ago (except for crossing the line) and they are 10 times more ''alpha men'' than footballers.

As for the punch-up between PW and DP Handbags - well DP just got the wrong man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zebroski Jailed   Zebroski Jailed - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Zebroski Jailed
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next