Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The run-in: Southend United to Exeter City [excluding Argyle]..

Go down 
+3
swampy
Greenskin
VillageGreen
7 posters
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

The run-in: Southend United to Exeter City [excluding Argyle].. Empty
PostSubject: The run-in: Southend United to Exeter City [excluding Argyle]..   The run-in: Southend United to Exeter City [excluding Argyle].. EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 8:40 pm

I have gone from Southend United in fifth place (63), down to Exeter City in eleventh place (55) [excluding Argyle]. I feel that Southend United could be caught and over taken, just as much as Exeter City could haul themselves up [they have five tough fixtures coming up though].

It looks like seven teams chasing three Play-Off spots.

Exeter City (55)

Luton (a)
Newport (h)
Shrewsbury (a)
Wycombe (a)
Southend (h)
Hartlepool (a)
Dag & Red (h)

Northampton Town (56)

Wimbledon (a)                                      
Cambridge (h)                                      
Stevenage (a)
Oxford (a)
Cheltenham (h)
Burton (a)
Wycombe (h)

Stevenage (57)

Burton (a)
Tranmere (h)
Cheltenham (a)
Northampton (h)
Portsmouth (a)
Accrington (a)
carlisle (h)
Luton (a)

Luton Town (58)

Exeter (h)
Tranmere (a)
Burton (h)
Dag & Red (a)
Hartlepool (h)
Southend (a)
Stevenage (h)

Newport County (61)

Hartlepool (h)
Exeter City (a)
Bury (h)
Southend (a)
Dag & Red (h)
York (a)
Oxford (h)

Southend united (63)

Bury (a) - re-play
Mansfield (h)
Hartlepool (a)
Tranmere (h)
Newport (h)
Exeter (a)
Luton (h)
morecambe (a)

There are some cracking fixtures between now and the final games on May 2nd.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The run-in: Southend United to Exeter City [excluding Argyle]..   The run-in: Southend United to Exeter City [excluding Argyle].. EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 8:58 pm

One interesting aspect is that Argyle have already completed their fixtures against those teams, whereas there are plenty of "carve each other up" games listed there. When all's said and done though, Argyle must concentrate on getting as many points as possible from their own fixtures and aiming for 5th place, thereby playing the away leg first in the play offs. Getting ahead of myself a bit there, but hey feck it, Argyle haven't been in this position for years, so why not.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: The run-in: Southend United to Exeter City [excluding Argyle]..   The run-in: Southend United to Exeter City [excluding Argyle].. EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 11:32 pm

Looking at those fixtures I reckon Exeter and Northampton have no chance and Newport and Argyle will be most likely to take 6th and 7th.
Back to top Go down
Ken Adams

PostSubject: Re: The run-in: Southend United to Exeter City [excluding Argyle]..   The run-in: Southend United to Exeter City [excluding Argyle].. EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 11:41 pm

Jeeeez...this is what its come to. What a sorry state of affairs. Thanks Jumbo...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The run-in: Southend United to Exeter City [excluding Argyle]..   The run-in: Southend United to Exeter City [excluding Argyle].. EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 12:36 am

Best get my my Pompey ticket sorted pronto!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The run-in: Southend United to Exeter City [excluding Argyle]..   The run-in: Southend United to Exeter City [excluding Argyle].. EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 2:11 am

see you there Bandy...on the train i hope parteeeeee drunk drunk drunk drunk
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: The run-in: Southend United to Exeter City [excluding Argyle]..   The run-in: Southend United to Exeter City [excluding Argyle].. EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 1:46 pm

Ken Adams wrote:
Jeeeez...this is what its come to. What a sorry state of affairs. Thanks Jumbo...
Give him a break now. He didn't change his clocks so was up an hour early for Morning Mass and thought ... ''I'll just check how much praying I have to do today''
cheers Hellalulu brother.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The run-in: Southend United to Exeter City [excluding Argyle]..   The run-in: Southend United to Exeter City [excluding Argyle].. EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 6:04 pm

swampy wrote:
Looking at those fixtures I reckon Exeter and Northampton have no chance and Newport and Argyle will be most likely to take 6th and 7th.

It is highly unlikely that Exeter will get into the Play-Offs, granted. Not so sure regarding Northampton Town though.

Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: The run-in: Southend United to Exeter City [excluding Argyle]..   The run-in: Southend United to Exeter City [excluding Argyle].. EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 10:31 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
swampy wrote:

It is highly unlikely that Exeter will get into the Play-Offs, granted. Not so sure regarding Northampton Town though.

agreed on that one, the mere fact that we are where we are is fantastic bearing in mind we were rock bottom after 7 games and looking doomed

The fixtures are interesting though, if we win our next 2 games then that helps everyone and 'could' put us right back in the mix, time will tell though
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: The run-in: Southend United to Exeter City [excluding Argyle]..   The run-in: Southend United to Exeter City [excluding Argyle].. EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 11:40 am

I think we'll make the playoff's, however i'm hugely hoping Bury replace Wycombe or Shrewsbury in the top two as they look a class above them.

Would fancy our chances over two legs against Newport, Southend, Wycombe or Shrewsbury.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The run-in: Southend United to Exeter City [excluding Argyle]..   The run-in: Southend United to Exeter City [excluding Argyle].. EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 1:40 pm

GreenWhiteBlack wrote:
I think we'll make the playoff's, however i'm hugely hoping Bury replace Wycombe or Shrewsbury in the top two as they look a class above them.

Would fancy our chances over two legs against Newport, Southend, Wycombe or Shrewsbury.

I'd go along with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The run-in: Southend United to Exeter City [excluding Argyle]..   The run-in: Southend United to Exeter City [excluding Argyle].. Empty

Back to top Go down

The run-in: Southend United to Exeter City [excluding Argyle]..
Page 1 of 1