Tgwu
GreenSam
Chemical Ali
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card Empty
PostSubject: Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card   Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 3:11 pm

but Shez seems to be interested in extending his loan-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card   Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 3:14 pm

Dont see the point extending it for another month if he is out for 3 games myself.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card   Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 3:19 pm

Well surely we'll extend it from when his three game spell ends with Birmingham.

That way we'll be able to have him until May, more or less.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card   Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 3:25 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Well surely we'll extend it from when his three game spell ends with Birmingham.

you can sign him till may now
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card   Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 3:44 pm

Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Talbot finish his loan before the play off's
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card   Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 3:51 pm

Dew here until the 2nd of May if not called back.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card   Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 3:56 pm

GreenSam wrote:

Or more pointedly, if we sign him now, we pay him from now.

If we sign him in three games time, we pay him from, er, three games time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card   Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 4:37 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Mores the point that lee could be signed till the end of the season now if sheridan wanted too over onth after month.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card   Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 5:48 pm

Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Mores the point that lee could be signed till the end of the season now if sheridan wanted too over onth after month.
No because he'd be subject to the 93 day rule for short-term loans
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card   Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 6:49 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

No because he'd be subject to the 93 day rule for short-term loans

no he isnt as he signed in the window
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card   Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 7:09 pm

But on a short-term loan. Just because you can make long-term loans in the window, it doesn't automatically mean that every loan made in the window is long-term.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card   Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 7:15 pm

GreenSam wrote:
But on a short-term loan. Just because you can make long-term loans in the window, it doesn't automatically mean that every loan made in the window is long-term.

he wasnt signed under the emergency loan so he can be signed up to the end of the season if john wants to do that. Even if we reach the playoffs i believe loan deals can be extended by agreement till our involvement in the playoffs end or after the final at most.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card   Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 10:45 pm

We'll see. I'm not convinced that's how it works but time will tell which of us is right. I hope it's you tbf because I'd like him as a squad option at least.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card   Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 10:58 pm

Surprised we aren't contesting it. It looked bad live - I was right in line with it and he seemed to jump into it with both feet, but having watched the highlights (several times, with a stupid great grin on my face) I think it was harsh.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card   Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 11:07 pm

If his ban is upheld doesn't that increase the length of the ban because you challenged it ?

Sheridan is obviously keen on him.....a longer ban would devalue his worth if he stays longer.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card   Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:23 pm

Shez: Olly Lee will be returning to Home Park for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card   Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 3:43 pm

PLYMOUTH Argyle have extended the loan of Birmingham City midfielder Olly Lee until the end of the season.

That is despite the fact the 23-year-old will be suspended for the next three games, starting against play-off rivals Bury at Home Park on Saturday (3pm).

Lee will also be banned for the trip to Stevenage next Tuesday and the visit of Northampton Town on March 7.

It follows his dismissal for serious foul play in the 3-1 Devon derby win away to arch rivals Exeter City last weekend.

Manager John Sheridan believes Lee has played an important part in Argyle’s run of four successive wins, which has seen them move up to sixth spot in League Two.

Overall, Lee has made six starts and one substitute appearance since arriving from Birmingham in the middle of last month.

Sheridan told Herald Sport: “We are going to keep Olly until the end of the season.

“You have got to look at the results we have had with him in the team, and you can’t question them.

“I feel as though I have got a lot of competition in midfield now. While things are going well, you don’t want to spoil anything.

“Olly wanted to come back and Birmingham were happy with that. Hopefully, he will carry on from where he has left off.

“I don’t know what’s going to happen in the next three games (when Lee is suspended). Someone might come in and play out of their skin.

“Hopefully, whoever comes in on Saturday will perform and help us win the game.

“But I have always said it will be about the squad. We have got a lot of games coming up and they are all important.

“One or two will probably get a bit more football than we probably think they will.

“It’s important I have plenty of people ready,” added the Pilgrims’ boss.

With Argyle having a midweek away game against Stevenage, and Lee being unavailable for it, he will spend next week training at Birmingham.

He will then return to Argyle in the build-up to their visit to Oxford United on Saturday, March 14.

Sheridan, meanwhile, has explained why Argyle decided not to appeal against the red card shown to Lee for a tackle on Exeter striker Tom Nichols.

He said: “Olly has swung his leg but there was no contact. I don’t think he has tried to hurt anyone.

“Unfortunately, it probably looks a lot worse than it was. I don’t think it was worth appealing.

“With us playing Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, the ban will be over in a week.”

Argyle are only above seventh-placed Bury on goal difference so the meeting between the two teams at Home Park will have a lot riding on it.

The Shakers have won six and drawn three of their last 11 league games, and are unbeaten in their last four.

Sheridan said: “They (Bury) are similar to ourselves. They know the importance of trying to win the game and stay with the teams above us.

“With the run we are on we have got into the game with confidence.

“We are at home and I expect us to go and win the game.

“But, at the same time, I respect Bury. They are a good footballing side and it’s going to be a tough game.

“They have got one or two decent players who are comfortable on the ball and run well with it.

“They have been in and around the play-off area for most of the season. (Bury manager) Dave Flitcroft has done a good job there.

“We are very wary of them, but hopefully we will give them a tough game.”

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Follow us: @heraldnewslive on Twitter | theplymouthherald on Facebook
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card   Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 4:20 pm

Good news, and it appears Angry was right fortunately as he is able to stay until the end of the season rather than the 93 day max.

What are the rules with loanees being given special dispensation to extend the loans for the play-off period?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card   Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 4:50 pm

If loanees can't play in the playoffs we are proper fooked. I'm sure they can.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card   Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 5:12 pm

GreenSam wrote:
We'll see. I'm not convinced that's how it works but time will tell which of us is right. I hope it's you tbf because I'd like him as a squad option at least.

Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card   Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 5:17 pm

Exceptionally underwhelmed.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card   Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 6:23 pm

Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Thumbs
Fair play Laughing

I've officially given up trying to understand how loans work
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card   Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 12:41 am

I just don't get the rave.

Some seem to be being extremely naive in their praise for Lee. Fans love a player who can get into the box and look like scoring goals, often this completely clouds their vision of what else a player does, Lee isn't a striker, he has other duties bar being in the box. He looks a goal threat at times, I'll give him that and he can strike a ball, I'll give him that as well, however his passing is generally quite average (Cox, Norburn & Dom are all better passers), his positioning is largely poor in terms of covering for or helping out his team mates and this usually stems from his lack of concentration (because he's so focused on being in the box), or it stems from his slight lack of mobility.

And I personally think it's nonsensical to say he compliments Bobby, just because we have two attacking midfielders doesn't mean they compliment each other, Bobby looks a far better player without Lee, as the Cambridge match so evidently proved, Bobby needs the freedom to move and he can't do that when Lee is in the side because Bobby is busy covering for him and trying to help out O'Connor in the centre of the park, pushing Bobby into a deep role to which he's not suited.

Lee is a generally average midfielder at this level, Cox, Norburn & Dom are the better players. I honestly believe over the next few games, as good as we've been lately, we'll see an improvement in the solidity of our midfield and the balance of our side without Olly Lee.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card   Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 1:01 am

Pitbull wrote:
I just don't get the rave.

Some seem to be being extremely naive in their praise for Lee. Fans love a player who can get into the box and look like scoring goals, often this completely clouds their vision of what else a player does, Lee isn't a striker, he has other duties bar being in the box. He looks a goal threat at times, I'll give him that and he can strike a ball, I'll give him that as well, however his passing is generally quite average (Cox, Norburn & Dom are all better passers), his positioning is largely poor in terms of covering for or helping out his team mates and this usually stems from his lack of concentration (because he's so focused on being in the box), or it stems from his slight lack of mobility.

And I personally think it's nonsensical to say he compliments Bobby, just because we have two attacking midfielders doesn't mean they compliment each other, Bobby looks a far better player without Lee, as the Cambridge match so evidently proved, Bobby needs the freedom to move and he can't do that when Lee is in the side because Bobby is busy covering for him and trying to help out O'Connor in the centre of the park, pushing Bobby into a deep role to which he's not suited.

Lee is a generally average midfielder at this level, Cox, Norburn & Dom are the better players. I honestly believe over the next few games, as good as we've been lately, we'll see an improvement in the solidity of our midfield and the balance of our side without Olly Lee.

I just don't get why some feel the need to copy and paste their posts from that other site on to this one, if we're desperate to read their opinionated drivel we know where to find it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card   Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 1:06 am

I think you need a few beers or something, cheer up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card   Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card Empty

Back to top Go down

Olly Lee- Argyle not contesting Red Card
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next