Czarcasm
green_genie
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Plans submitted - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans submitted   Plans submitted - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 12:36 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
If it is just the area above the current Bretonside viaduct that is going down to one lane, then that shouldn't have a major impact. The bulk of any thru traffic goes around CC roundabout and up towards the Uni. If it were going down to one lane from Sutton Rd up to Charles Cross that would be a problem.

Yes it will have a major impact, it's currently 3 lanes, 1 being a bus lane, if that stretch is reduced to just 1 lane it'll be absolute mayhem which will lead to tailbacks all the way down Royal Parade to Derry's Cross and beyond, not that the council give a monkeys.

So is the eastbound carriageway reducing to one lane as well? I thought it would be on the westbound side adjacent to the new development? scratch

Sorry, I had the nightmarish vision of the eastbound carriageway being reduced to one lane affraid

Westbound will be nowhere near as bad but will still be gridlocked at times, there's always a price to pay for supposed progress it seems.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plans submitted   Plans submitted - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 12:41 pm

In Plymouth anyway!............You can be sure that if this development was taking place in any other large city the roads and access points would be improved and enlarged, not reduced............weeeem sooooo village geek
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Plans submitted   Plans submitted - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 2:15 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
In Plymouth anyway!............You can be sure that if this development was taking place in any other large city the roads and access points would be improved and enlarged, not reduced............weeeem sooooo village geek

I've been to the Westfield shopping centre and Olympic park at Stratford East London on several occasions which is used by tens of thousands of people every day and not once have I had a problem finding a parking space or encountered any traffic congestion getting in or out. They don't feck about up there bhey !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plans submitted   Plans submitted - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plans submitted
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6