Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Sheridan out? Empty
PostSubject: Sheridan out?   Sheridan out? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 4:39 pm

Views please. This is embarrassing now.
Back to top Go down

Sheridan out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan out?   Sheridan out? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 4:43 pm

10 points in the last 11 league games. The last quarter of our season has been relegation form in a supposed promotion campaign. Embarassed
Back to top Go down

Sheridan out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan out?   Sheridan out? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 4:44 pm

Something is badly wrong with our total reversal of form, is it as simple as missing O'Conner or does it run much deeper than that? My main worry if we lose Sheridan is who the fook are they going to bring in as replacement?
Back to top Go down

Sheridan out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan out?   Sheridan out? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 4:45 pm

ejh wrote:
10 points in the last 11 league games. The last quarter of our season has been relegation form in a supposed promotion campaign. Embarassed

As long as Brent is incharge we will never get out of this league no matter who is manager. Any owner worth their salt would have been kicking some arses over this slump in results including sheridans by now not quivering his lip and plotting to overthrow BIL.
Back to top Go down

Sheridan out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan out?   Sheridan out? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 4:46 pm

Iggy wrote:
Something is badly wrong with our total reversal of form, is it as simple as missing O'Conner or does it run much deeper than that? My main worry if we lose Sheridan is who the fook are they going to bring in as replacement?

Who do you think they will give that job too.

Give you a clue he is a gobshite and has squad number 15 he is cheap afterall
Back to top Go down

Sheridan out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan out?   Sheridan out? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 4:48 pm

Iggy wrote:

Who do you think they will give that job too.

Give you a clue he is a gobshite and has squad number 15 he is cheap afterall
Back to top Go down

Sheridan out? Empty

I think the good run before Christmas covered up the fact that the team and squad has not been significantly improved from last season.
Back to top Go down

Sheridan out? Empty

Ssshhhh, don't mention his name.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

Sheridan out? Empty

I honestly believe you could replace Sheridan with virtually anybody else and there would be no change as long as the deep-rooted amateurish, village mentality that infects the club exists.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

Sheridan out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan out?   Sheridan out? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 4:52 pm

This is the best Argyle side for years, and the best we could manage was a brief pre-Christmas flirt with the top five.
Back to top Go down

Sheridan out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan out?   Sheridan out? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 4:52 pm

Hitch wrote:
I honestly believe you could replace Sheridan with virtually anybody else and there would be no change as long as the deep-rooted amateurish, village mentality that infects the club exists.

Thats my view too Hitch. Sure we could sack Sheridan tonight bring Fergie out of retirement and still see no change to the village mentality of some fans and directors hell bent on keeping this club aviva and proud. Got to sort the root of the problem out not just the weed.

That team talk letter if its genuine from fans and not from the book of plebb or the twitter knob sums up how the club is seen by fans and the outside world. We dont care we just happy if you acknowledge us and do the chicken tonight dance.
Back to top Go down

Sheridan out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan out?   Sheridan out? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 4:57 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I think the good run before Christmas covered up the fact that the team and squad has not been significantly improved from last season.

I disagree entirely. I think our squad is a damn lot better in terms of quality. That is why I am looking at Sheridan for answers as to why we are currently doing worse that 12 months ago and going in the opposite direction (I.e. on a screaming charge for the relegation zone instead of the playoffs).

O'Connor being recalled - is that all we can point to? Jesus wept.
Back to top Go down

Sheridan out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan out?   Sheridan out? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 5:06 pm

ejh wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

I disagree entirely. I think our squad is a damn lot better in terms of quality. That is why I am looking at Sheridan for answers as to why we are currently doing worse that 12 months ago and going in the opposite direction (I.e. on a screaming charge for the relegation zone instead of the playoffs).

We had a strong and settled (at the time) starting 11 and as many have said including me what is there in the squad after that? As soon as one or two like O'Connor, Kellet and B.Reid going back and Hartley getting injuried we were fecked for options to call up who are equal or of better quality to keep the machine going.

I am very interested to see what Sheridan does from now, Sunday and until the transfer window closes on Monday 11pm. He has to address the slump in results and the depth of his squad and not kid himself that its going to get better when the gap between us and the playoffs is starting to grow. He seriously needs to bring in more quality and not just trying again to bring back O'Connor and Kellet as those two alone will not solve the problem.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Sheridan out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan out?   Sheridan out? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 5:10 pm

The malaise knows no end now.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Sheridan out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan out?   Sheridan out? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 5:11 pm

Brent spends two days a month at the club, is it any wonder the club is Amateurish and an embarrisment to the fans on every level. sacking sheridan will make no difference while the Brentmare remains.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

Sheridan out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan out?   Sheridan out? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 5:13 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
This is the best Argyle side for years, and the best we could manage was a brief pre-Christmas flirt with the top five.

Yep, the ingredients should be good enough given their experience, time to try a new chef.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Sheridan out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan out?   Sheridan out? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 5:16 pm

The one thing you can bank on is that Brent WILL NOT sack Sheridan, no matter what. It'd mean paying compensation and having to employ another manager - the finance involved means Brent will not sack him.

So where do we go from here?

I'm fooked if I know. I can't fathom how a team that looked genuinely really good, can plummet in desire, confidence and all-round form.

Back to top Go down

Sheridan out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan out?   Sheridan out? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 5:22 pm

I am absolutely sick to death of this horrendously tinpot league. What happened? We were doing fairly well but I’m now putting that down to a few good signings and a Reuben Reid that could actually be arsed to do anything. A few injuries, a couple out of form and all that it has done is prove how utterly inept Sheridan is tactically. It’s one thing to want passing football, it’s another to have the ability to change a system during a game or find the right player to bring on in the second half. Neither of these two are attributes that John Sheridan has or ever will have.

I’ve been a supporter of him for a little while now. In fact, I’ve never been ‘Sheridan Out’ until today. I know we’re not that good away but it’s just embarrassing that the team bottom of the league, far adrift, and with a manager that genuinely believes Marvin Morgan will improve their side can beat us so convincingly. 442 with McHugh at left back? Sad. Very sad. Thought we had moved past that? Apparently not..

I don’t even think it’s O’Connor we’re missing so much. Cox does a very good job there and someone like Bobby Reid is an excellent footballer. We have some great players for this level in McCormick, Nelson, Hartley, McHugh, Mellor, Cox, Bobby and Reuben, with others like Alessandra and Purrington competent at the very least for this level.

No, it’s clearly the manager. Not Brent. The funds are there and the squad has had the necessary funding to improve. We start the season with McHugh at left back which, after one game, clearly couldn’t work. Shez as stubborn as he is refused to accept this and continued on his spell of playing players out of position. Another was his incessant use of Deane Smalley anywhere on the pitch, and the fact it took him so long to play Alessandra up front.

He’s even been passed off as a manager who can sign good players. Well, his past record isn’t really glistening. There’s people like Flanagan and Olly Lee from this season who’ve already proved themselves to be absolutely useless. Again, tactical ineptitude has led to this position. Poor tactics, poor man management and too stubborn to admit when he’s wrong.
Frankly, I have had absolutely enough of John Sheridan. It’s time to go.
Back to top Go down
Sherbornegreen

Sheridan out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan out?   Sheridan out? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 5:24 pm

Enough is enough.
Back to top Go down

Sheridan out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan out?   Sheridan out? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 5:31 pm

ejh wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Stronger after losing Hourihane in the summer? That bit of business put paid to our playoff hopes there and then.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Sheridan out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan out?   Sheridan out? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 5:33 pm

Iggy wrote:
ejh wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Stronger after losing Hourihane in the summer? That bit of business put paid to our playoff hopes there and then.
Selling Hourihane according to xthrobber, was a jimmy inspired masterstroke! coming together nicely:joker:
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

Sheridan out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan out?   Sheridan out? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 5:44 pm

Never said that, unless by "masterstroke" you mean Hobson's choice. But hey, when did accurate representation get in the way of anything Laughing

Forget Hourihane, that's a single issue red herring. Opinions vary but as EJH says, the squad was clearly improved. Many have experience of getting out of this league and/or higher league experience. We should be better, and we were early on, this was the squad that swept aside Pompey and City.

I know it goes against the agenda to point blame somewhere other than the owners door but what's gone wrong with the team these last few weeks can only be the players fault or the managers fault.....and you can't sack a whole squad of players.

Last edited by X Isle on Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Sheridan out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan out?   Sheridan out? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 5:45 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Iggy wrote:
ejh wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Selling Hourihane according to xthrobber, was a jimmy inspired masterstroke! coming together nicely:joker:

And for the plymouth price that was an incredible bargain for Barnsley and we got very little from it after ipswich and the CVA took their cut.
Back to top Go down

Sheridan out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan out?   Sheridan out? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 5:49 pm

No but you could improve the squad more by buying players that aren't gambles, every decent player we get rid of is replaced by dross, no amount of unfit, slightly injured players as going to change that the squad is getting progressively weaker, it did in the summer, January finished it off with Kellet and O'Conner disappearing, we are shit, that's why we just lost at bottom of the table Hartlepool. Sheridan must know the players we need, I think we all do but Brenty won't pay for them. Beaten by a team that struggles to get 3k through the gate, feck off Brent and take the Throbber with you.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Sheridan out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan out?   Sheridan out? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 5:51 pm

X Isle wrote:
Never said that, unless by "masterstroke" you mean Hobson's choice. But hey, when did accurate representation get in the way of anything Laughing

Opinions differ, as EJH says, the players bought this summer were better than the one's who left. Many have experience of getting out of this league and/or higher league experience. We should be better, and we were early on, this was the team that swept aside Pompey and City.

I know it goes against the agenda to point blame somewhere other than the owners door but what's gone wrong with the team these last few weeks can only be the players fault or the managers fault.....and you can't sack a whole squad of players.

Two short term loans left, this unsettled the squad, sheridan was forced to sign short term loans the remaining players demotivated by the clubs lack of ambition, the blame for the predictable slump is more Brents fault than Sherridans.I know you cant be to critical of Brent, nool will be watching.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sheridan out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan out?   Sheridan out? Empty

Back to top Go down

Sheridan out?
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next