HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Split Thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Split Thread Empty
PostSubject: Split Thread   Split Thread EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:34 pm

If I may have your attention for a second.

I have just had a rather irate Mr Newell on the phone.

I have split certain parts of a thread to the archive section whilst the mods discuss it.

I am not sure of the correct way of dealing with this so I am going to take some advice from my fellow mods. Please be patient.

Cheers
Frank

Back to top Go down

Split Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Thread   Split Thread EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:37 pm

Don't back down because he has been on the phone.
Back to top Go down

Split Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Thread   Split Thread EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:37 pm

Oh dear, another one?

Why can't this guy just leave us alone instead of chucking insults about, apart from closing our last site, what more can he do?
Back to top Go down

Split Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Thread   Split Thread EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:48 pm

He rightly has an issue with a private email he sent being posted on a public forum.

I wrongly cut and pasted it from here to Pasoti. For that I have stated that I unreservedly apologise.

BUT..........

The email was made public by the recipient and as long as the contents are factually correct, I don't see a problem with it being in the public domain. The only problem I see is that it names names who may not want to 'go public' a bit of careful editing should sort that.

If I have overstepped the mark, I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down

Split Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Thread   Split Thread EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:55 pm

Cerbera wrote:
He rightly has an issue with a private email he sent being posted on a public forum.

I wrongly cut and pasted it from here to Pasoti. For that I have stated that I unreservedly apologise.

BUT..........

The email was made public by the recipient and as long as the contents are factually correct, I don't see a problem with it being in the public domain. The only problem I see is that it names names who may not want to 'go public' a bit of careful editing should sort that.

If I have overstepped the mark, I'm sorry.

Well it did contradict his version of the message so I hope it was seen by enough people to make him squirm. Sorry but he basically called me a liar and now doesn't like it when it is he that is shown to be "factually inaccurate".
Back to top Go down

Split Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Thread   Split Thread EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:56 pm

I am not backing down. But part of the conversation was serious enough for me to split the thread - and it wasn't because of threats to me or ATD.
Back to top Go down

Split Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Thread   Split Thread EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:58 pm

perhaps re-post the email that was made public but with the names of the business men blanked out
Back to top Go down

Split Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Thread   Split Thread EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:05 pm

dane_b wrote:
perhaps re-post the email that was made public but with the names of the business men blanked out

Possibly the most stupid, pointless suggestion ever made on a football messageboard.
Back to top Go down

Split Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Thread   Split Thread EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:07 pm

dane_b wrote:

Don't be silly. sunny
Back to top Go down

Split Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Thread   Split Thread EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:09 pm

ok then , lets just post it up again
Back to top Go down

Split Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Thread   Split Thread EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:11 pm

More threats of libel against individual posters?? (Guessing, not "inside info"!) From what i've seen posted I can't see anything libellous or illegal in any other way. If the email really does exist then there's no issue and he's just throwing his toys out the pram again. If any poster in that threat has implicated themselves or the site then a PM should be sent to that person(s) so they can retract or clarify anything.
Back to top Go down

Split Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Thread   Split Thread EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:18 pm

its clear whats happened , he ran his mouth in a pm, that pm went public and now he has had a cry about it. tell him to do one and put the post back on the site
Back to top Go down

Split Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Thread   Split Thread EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:24 pm

dane_b wrote:
its clear whats happened , he ran his mouth in a pm, that pm went public and now he has had a cry about it. tell him to do one and put the post back on the site

Your record isn't exactly whiter than white is it Dane and you'd be the first to admit it mate .
Back to top Go down

Split Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Thread   Split Thread EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:24 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I am not backing down. But part of the conversation was serious enough for me to split the thread - and it wasn't because of threats to me or ATD.

Which bit of this didn't you understand, Dane? Or are you just stirring?
Back to top Go down

Split Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Thread   Split Thread EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:26 pm

i honestly dont understand it, maybe if he could elaborate on what was said that was so serious!!! im not stirring, i dont get it
Back to top Go down

Split Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Thread   Split Thread EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:28 pm

Sometimes Dane things have to be given time, be patient.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Split Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Thread   Split Thread EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 5:55 am

Cerbera wrote:

He does?

Then why the did he publish the contents of my private PM to Esmer. Not only publish it, but use the contents several times to launch his own 'woe is me' campaign.

The man has no sense of etiquette or moral code whatsoever, which he has demonstrated time after time.

He deserves all he gets...

And more...
Back to top Go down

Split Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Thread   Split Thread EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:18 am

Dammit, I was out last night and missed it all!
Back to top Go down

Split Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Thread   Split Thread EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:30 am

GibGreen wrote:

Don't worry GibGreen, I no longer mind repeating everything that was posted and removed last night because a Pasoti mod was crying about being scared. The main point was an e-mail that had been sent to me by a Pasoti mod, which differed in content from what he was prepared to admit on Pasoti. While he was blubbering to the ATD mods about being scared and I was talking to our mods about helping him out because I wished him no harm, someone tried to access my hotmail account, wonder what they were looking for? A taxi number? So when I e-mailed the Pasoti mods to say about it, I expected at least a repsonse from them, even just to confirm that nobody there would abuse the information they had on Pasoti account holders, or former account holders, but 8 hours later I have had no reply from them whatsoever, so if you want any details about last night, the contents of the e-mail, or the blubbering Pasoti mod who all of a sudden wanted help from this site, just let me know.
Back to top Go down

Split Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Thread   Split Thread EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:32 am

greenjock wrote:
GibGreen wrote:

Don't worry GibGreen, I no longer mind repeating everything that was posted and removed last night because a Pasoti mod was crying about being scared. The main point was an e-mail that had been sent to me by a Pasoti mod, which differed in content from what he was prepared to admit on Pasoti. While he was blubbering to the ATD mods about being scared and I was talking to our mods about helping him out because I wished him no harm, someone tried to access my hotmail account, wonder what they were looking for? A taxi number? So when I e-mailed the Pasoti mods to say about it, I expected at least a repsonse from them, even just to confirm that nobody there would abuse the information they had on Pasoti account holders, or former account holders, but 8 hours later I have had no reply from them whatsoever, so if you want any details about last night, the contents of the e-mail, or the blubbering Pasoti mod who all of a sudden wanted help from this site, just let me know.

It has been overnight, Jock.
Back to top Go down

Split Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Thread   Split Thread EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:34 am

GibGreen wrote:

It was better than watching Mamma Mia Laughing

Back to top Go down

Split Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Thread   Split Thread EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:38 am

funny man wrote:
greenjock wrote:
GibGreen wrote:

I know Funnyman, but having checked Pasoti several times since I e-mailed them, they have been responding to others in the contact the admin section.
Back to top Go down
The Spooner

Split Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Thread   Split Thread EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:40 am

greenjock wrote:
GibGreen wrote:

So you emailed them at midnight and you are kicking off because you haven't had a reply yet, bore off man.
Back to top Go down

Split Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Thread   Split Thread EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:42 am

greenjock wrote:
funny man wrote:
greenjock wrote:
GibGreen wrote:

I know Funnyman, but having checked Pasoti several times since I e-mailed them, they have been responding to others in the contact the admin section.

OK. - that's different.
Back to top Go down
The Spooner

Split Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Thread   Split Thread EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:44 am

funny man wrote:
greenjock wrote:
funny man wrote:
greenjock wrote:
GibGreen wrote:

OK. - that's different.

So did you email them or contact them on the forum like the people you say have been responded to?

There is a difference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Split Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Thread   Split Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Split Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next