Chingers
Cornish Chris
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Peggy

Peggy

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 15 EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 1:34 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Why do people do a big Christmas shop? They are open again on Boxing day.

Zackly. And why, given how many people go away / round to relations at least for the day, does everybody in the country seem to be shopping for a family of ten for at least a month? There's still only three meals per person in a day, even if they're bigger and there's a few more treats and snacks in between.

And it's not as if that family of ten will be there for any time, since so many people now have to work on boxing day - and yes, some of those are working packing the orders placed on tinternet over the holiday, so it's not just about physical shops. Are we really so helpless / badly organised / pathetically wedded to consumerism that we can't go two days without buying something? And can we really not wait a few days longer for the start of what used to be called the January sales?

On the bright side, maybe the tide's turning. Thursday (drizzly afternoon) it was really quite quiet in town, and I also managed to do a (fairly - there might have been some seasonal stuff on the list) normal weekly shop in Sainsburys and Lidls without any more than the usual hassle.

Better still, the lovely woman who cuts my hair told me - with the biggest smile - that instead of dragging all the staff in for one day next Saturday they've decided to stay closed, thus giving everybody a clear four days off ... and not a single regular customer has complained that they can't get an appointment. Listen up, multinational corporate moneygrubbing bastards - that's the spirit of xmas.

And breathe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 15 EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 1:43 pm

Tgwu wrote:

My big shop today six pasties from Morrison's, £6.

PS

Thank's to the youngest son (41) for the fish dinner he give  us and his young niece and nephew last night.

I go shopping once at xmas. That's why I make it a big one so I don't have to face the marauding hordes of cuntasaurus's and piss-pipe smokers who invade the big supermarkets with not an ounce of feck to give whoever's in their way. I hate it with a passion.

Marry xmas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 15 EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 2:49 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
reindeers at Tiverton Market today

Sexy Sue (our Mayor) was there as well
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 15 EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 4:00 pm

Having a power cut
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 15 EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 4:42 pm

Thought I'd treat myself and upgrade my Sky to include the sports for a month for the xmas period (seeing as I'm stuck at home, off sick with a wanky back). £12.50 Mr POI, half price, said the nice sky man. Oh, lovely bit of discount, I'll have it.

Went to watch Derby V (other team escapes me at this moment in time), in lovely HD on my new Sammy 4k curve 55incher - no HD!! WTF? Called Sky, they said oh no, if you want to watch sports in HD that'l be another £10/month affraid . The, (now horrible bastard) told me we (Sky) now have two tiers of HD, Basic HD and Full HD. Only the full HD includes the sports channels.

It goes without saying, I told him to cram it up his arse, and cancelled it.

Since when the feck did Sky have 'two' tiers of HD. Pissed off I am now. Ah well, I see we're now 3 up thanks to RR. I feel a bit better now.

To the medicinal piss-pipe smokers on here, how long after stopping taking Codeine, can I have a beer?

Merry fecking xmas.

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 15 EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 5:20 pm

Peggy wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Zackly. And why, given how many people go away / round to relations at least for the day, does everybody in the country seem to be shopping for a family of ten for at least a month? There's still only three meals per person in a day, even if they're bigger and there's a few more treats and snacks in between.

And it's not as if that family of ten will be there for any time, since so many people now have to work on boxing day - and yes, some of those are working packing the orders placed on tinternet over the holiday, so it's not just about physical shops. Are we really so helpless / badly organised / pathetically wedded to consumerism that we can't go two days without buying something? And can we really not wait a few days longer for the start of what used to be called the January sales?

On the bright side, maybe the tide's turning. Thursday (drizzly afternoon) it was really quite quiet in town, and I also managed to do a (fairly - there might have been some seasonal stuff on the list) normal weekly shop in Sainsburys and Lidls without any more than the usual hassle.

Better still, the lovely woman who cuts my hair told me - with the biggest smile - that instead of dragging all the staff in for one day next Saturday they've decided to stay closed, thus giving everybody a clear four days off ... and not a single regular customer has complained that they can't get an appointment. Listen up, multinational corporate moneygrubbing bastards - that's the spirit of xmas.

And breathe.

Doing the big shop on Monday.

5 for Christmas day +1 delivery to a relative if we can't persuade him to join us.

10 for Boxing day +1 delivery to a relative if we can't persuade him to join us again!

18 for Boxing day late afternoon/ evening +1 relative if we did persuade him to join us (If not, he can get his own tea!)

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 15 EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 5:57 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

And breathe.

Doing the big shop on Monday.

5 for Christmas day +1 delivery to a relative if we can't persuade him to join us.

10 for Boxing day +1 delivery to a relative if we can't persuade him to join us again!

18 for Boxing day late afternoon/ evening +1 relative if we did persuade him to join us (If not, he can get his own tea!)

Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad

Perfectly illustrating (one of) my point(s). By my reckoning, that's at least twenty people whose shopping will be done by a goat. So why the flippin eck will everybody in the world be packing the supermarkets in the next few days - some of them could take a flippin break from it!

Panic Saturday today, apparently.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 15 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 12:38 am

And paid for!!!!! Mad

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 15 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 10:45 am

Indeed.

Cauliflower cheese for tea today.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 15 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 5:46 pm

Peggy wrote:
Indeed.

Sunday and the wife gave me foggots,

PS Peggy The little one played (one handed) Jingle bells in front of of all the school last week
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 5:59 pm

Nice peaceful evening, youngest son (41) taking his mum to the cinema

Mind you I am the taxis driver santa
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 15 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 12:59 pm

Peggy wrote:
Indeed.

Good call. Home made? I always balls up the cheese sauce. Never was very domesticated.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 15 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 1:25 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Indeed.

Good call. Home made? I always balls up the cheese sauce. Never was very domesticated.I

I hate Cauliflower Cheese
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 15 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 2:53 pm

Just helped youngest daughter to erect a rather spiffing Gingerbread House.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 15 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 10:47 pm

We've got old goat for dinner tomorrow, but it's not mouldy, just well soaked in red wine and olive oil. Bar humbug.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 15 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 11:03 pm

Just put the Grandson (6) season ticket in his stocking.

Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 15 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 11:05 pm

ahhhh that's proper, bless Smile
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 15 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 11:19 pm

hippo wrote:
We've got old goat for dinner tomorrow, but it's not mouldy, just well soaked in red wine and olive oil.  Bar humbug.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! affraid

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 7:37 am

Wife has ran out of potatoes and green salad, only seven here today. Youngest son here all week salute

We were spotted on green on screen at the D&R game
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 9:31 am

hippo wrote:
We've got old goat for dinner tomorrow, but it's not mouldy, just well soaked in red wine and olive oil.  Bar humbug.

Mmmmmmmm.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 9:10 pm

The aforementioned goat was great, got loads of leftovers too, yum yum.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 15 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 12:09 pm

For Christmas, I had vouchers for beer, pizza and books. Gert ansome.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 9:47 am

Just about to eat a pork pie which has an end date of the 28th.

Two things...

1) Is it too early in the day to eat a pork pie?
2) Should I accompany it with English mustard or a nice pickle/relish?
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 10:07 am

Any mustard, I am big on French
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 10:26 am

French mustard is for ladies flower English mustard is for MEN party animal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 15 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next