Tgwu
pepsipete
AstiSpumante
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
GreenSam

Cheltenham Match Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Match Thread   Cheltenham Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 9:20 pm

I'd like to *hope* that if we are up there where we are now or even higher come January, Reuben might want a promotion to finish what he started.

If he, Nelse or whoever else was determined to leave I'd like to hope that with it being mid-season rather than post-season, we'd be able to show more mettle than we did with Hourihane. If we said to them 'take us up at the end of the season and then in May the move is yours' then that'd be acceptable. We should do everything possible for them NOT to depart mid-season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Match Thread   Cheltenham Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 9:41 pm

GreenSam wrote:
I'd like to *hope* that if we are up there where we are now or even higher come January, Reuben might want a promotion to finish what he started.

If he, Nelse or whoever else was determined to leave I'd like to hope that with it being mid-season rather than post-season, we'd be able to show more mettle than we did with Hourihane. If we said to them 'take us up at the end of the season and then in May the move is yours' then that'd be acceptable. We should do everything possible for them NOT to depart mid-season.

The last time we had a squad pushing for playoffs although a long way off being certs we did just that sold the stars off in jan and replaced them with crap
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Match Thread   Cheltenham Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 9:45 pm

Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

The last time we had a squad pushing for playoffs although a long way off being certs we did just that sold the stars off in jan and replaced them with crap
Yep- there are parallels too: A far from certain financial future, bigger fish bound to be circling. I just really hope we hold our ground if clubs do come in for our star players.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Match Thread   Cheltenham Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 9:49 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Yep- there are parallels too: A far from certain financial future, bigger fish bound to be circling. I just really hope we hold our ground if clubs do come in for our star players.

Being a relatively big fish in a League Two pond, it should in theory be a lot easier to keep 'em compared to the wholesale exits when we were on the cusp of something special in the Championship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Match Thread   Cheltenham Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 9:49 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

the club needs to act now on nelson and get him to sign a new deal. Even if he goes in the summer afterwards we can command a better price for him under a 18 month - 2 year contract rather than have him leave on a free in the summer or for pennies in jan.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Match Thread   Cheltenham Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 9:55 pm

If we are drawn away in the fa cup, are next three games are away.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Match Thread   Cheltenham Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 11:14 am

Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

the club needs to act now on nelson and get him to sign a new deal. Even if he goes in the summer afterwards we can command a better price for him under a 18 month - 2 year contract rather than have him leave on a free in the summer or for pennies in jan.
He's already on that kind of deal, his contract runs out in 2016.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Match Thread   Cheltenham Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 11:15 am

Czarcasm wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Being a relatively big fish in a League Two pond, it should in theory be a lot easier to keep 'em compared to the wholesale exits when we were on the cusp of something special in the Championship.
The fact that we're a big fish should as you say be to keep them from going to fellow League Two clubs yeah, but if L1 and Championship are sniffing around...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Match Thread   Cheltenham Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 12:26 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

He's already on that kind of deal, his contract runs out in 2016.
excellent must have missed that article. Now he is under a longer deal there is no reason whatsoever to sell him on the cheap now if a club came in either in Jan or in the summer.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Match Thread   Cheltenham Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 12:50 pm

We have goal cam now

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Match Thread   Cheltenham Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 5:08 pm

Tgwu wrote:

We have goal cam now

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just watched it, not bad, who'd be a goalie?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Match Thread   Cheltenham Match Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheltenham Match Thread
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5