Czarcasm
Tgwu
zyph
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord Melbury

UKIP's first MP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UKIP's first MP   UKIP's first MP - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 5:48 pm

A good point Chris. That's exactly where Cameron, Clegg & Miliband in particular fail to inspire.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: UKIP's first MP   UKIP's first MP - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 9:57 pm

Strange how Cameron's no good at it. Wasn't his only job in the real world as PR man for Carlton TV?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: UKIP's first MP   UKIP's first MP - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 10:44 pm

Cameron, Clegg, Miliband, Farage...

feeerkin 'ell.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: UKIP's first MP   UKIP's first MP - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 8:34 am

Cameron running scared......promising the rich reduced inheritence tax.....worth thousands & thousands on million pound houses etc in the S E........on the otherhand no 1% for nurses.....yes Cameron is buttering up those who might be wavering regarding next years election.

Even now UKIP are influencing government policy.....a good reason to keep voting for them.

........and meanwhile Miliband plays hide and seek......unfortunately more hide than seek.

Ebola Miliband cartoon in the Telegraph today.......no one near him on the front seats....excellent.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: UKIP's first MP   UKIP's first MP - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 10:25 am

Bad news for anyone planning to vote Ukip in Camborne & Redruth: their candidate has been convicted of animal cruelty and looks like he's heading to prison. They pick some good 'uns, don't they?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UKIP's first MP   UKIP's first MP - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 5:07 pm

If theres any justice Radio One will ban this track Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UKIP's first MP   UKIP's first MP - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 6:58 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
I would not give the drivel of an OP the benefit if it didn't started with a bollocks premise, wee Dougie is not the first UKIP MP, your lack of knowledge on that point probably explains why the rest of the post is such drivel.

Brownie points for anyone that can tell me who was the first.

It is a classic tactic: pick up on an 'error' and engage with that and that only. Dismiss the rest as drivel. Yep, you win, I'm now convinced that you are a pedant.

But more irritating than a pedant is a misleading and arguably inaccurate pedant. Spink did declare himself a UKIP MP, but was designated an independent as UKIP had no whip at Westminster. He also denied ever having been an official member of UKIP. So I don't think that your point definitively stands. I was completely unaware of Spink up until he was mentioned here, so at least I've learned something.

I did find headlines in at least 3 major media organisations which said that Carswell was UKIP's first MP. I presume you contacted the likes of the BBC and the Telegraph to correct this startling inaccuracy. Or did you only correct a poster on a minor part of a small website just for pointscoring purposes because you disagreed with his views?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UKIP's first MP   UKIP's first MP - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 8:05 pm

charleymouse wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
I would not give the drivel of an OP the benefit if it didn't started with a bollocks premise, wee Dougie is not the first UKIP MP, your lack of knowledge on that point probably explains why the rest of the post is such drivel.

It is a classic tactic: pick up on an 'error' and engage with that and that only. Dismiss the rest as drivel. Yep, you win, I'm now convinced that you are a pedant.

But more irritating than a pedant is a misleading and arguably inaccurate pedant. Spink did declare himself a UKIP MP, but was designated an independent as UKIP had no whip at Westminster. He also denied ever having been an official member of UKIP. So I don't think that your point definitively stands. I was completely unaware of Spink up until he was mentioned here, so at least I've learned something.

I did find headlines in at least 3 major media organisations which said that Carswell was UKIP's first MP. I presume you contacted the likes of the BBC and the Telegraph to correct this startling inaccuracy. Or did you only correct a poster on a minor part of a small website just for pointscoring purposes because you disagreed with his views?

Succinctly put Mr. Mouse. laugh
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: UKIP's first MP   UKIP's first MP - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 2:28 pm

Angry wrote:

Yes! Wasn't Mike Read the one who objected to Relax by Frankie Goes To Hollywood!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UKIP's first MP   UKIP's first MP - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 3:00 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
Angry wrote:

Yes! Wasn't Mike Read the one who objected to Relax by Frankie Goes To Hollywood!

it was indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UKIP's first MP   UKIP's first MP - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 3:24 pm

Trying really hard to sound like a Jamaican and failing really badly, Mike Reid did some excellent work, who can ever forget Pop Quiz? Then he turned into a right idiot with too much power at the Beeb, it's wankers like him that we have to thank for Banning fgth then promoting the hit factory. Sulk
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: UKIP's first MP   UKIP's first MP - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 5:20 pm

downthetrack wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

Bob Spink in 2008.

Is the correct answer.

Looking good for Mark "wrecking ball" Reckless to join wee Dougie on Nov 21st, recent national polling where the playing field has been leveled by actually mentioning the Kip rather than clumping them in with 'others', gave up scores of 24 and 25% while Wrecker Reckless is polling locally in the mid 40s which would bring an easy win over the twenty something PR consultant for the Labour party and the two coiffured puff adders the Tories have given the local proles a vote between. Wrecker is a decent chap that has done a half decent job in the House, against whom the big two are fielding nobodies, don't be surprised to see the Greenie in a v solid 4th with the Dims coughing up yet another deposit.

Reactionary old dicks like Franny are pooing their pants as their invective and ad hominems seem to garner even more support for the Purple Machine, please do keep up your ridiculous rants Franny.

Both Plymouth seats are high on the Kip hit list and the three contiguous constituencies, E.Cornwall, W&SW Deb'n are also in play as the Dim vote collapses and all 'protesters' look to give Camoron a bloody nose.

The bandwagon rolls on.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: UKIP's first MP   UKIP's first MP - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 5:30 pm

charleymouse wrote:

It is a classic tactic: pick up on an 'error' and engage with that and that only. Dismiss the rest as drivel.

My advice, don't make schoolboy errors.

The rest of your post was pointless drivel, you are a HuA lefty fascist, I am a freedom loving Kipper, there is nothing we are ever going to agree on so there is no point me picking your drivel apart.

Bottom line, people are sick and tired of being lied to and mugged off by the LibLabCon, worst case the Kip would be someone different to get mugged and lied to by, best case, they are not full of shit and do actually try to make things better, so with the LibLabCon we are are guaranteed a shafting, with the Kip it could be as low as a 99% chance, gotta go with that chance no matter how small.

ps. Spink was a complete loony toon but was considered by all concerned, except the whips office, to be a Kipper, albeit for quite a short period of time, his old seat of Castle Point is a serious Kip target for next May, happy days.

Last edited by Lord Tisdale on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: UKIP's first MP   UKIP's first MP - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 5:32 pm

Angry wrote:

Never heard it, don't want to.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: UKIP's first MP   UKIP's first MP - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 10:31 am

UKIP.....are changing Tory policies as quick as Cameron/Osborne can rewrite them......maybe a breathe of fresh air would be interesting next May.....a chance also that the Lib/Dems....there the yellow ones....might get blown away about time I say.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: UKIP's first MP   UKIP's first MP - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 5:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: UKIP's first MP   UKIP's first MP - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 5:54 pm

Iggy wrote:
Voting nowadays is like picking the lesser of five evils, it's like being asked if you would rather die by stabbing, shooting, strangling, drowning or stoning?

You are not wrong there.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: UKIP's first MP   UKIP's first MP - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 9:09 am

The EU is apparently more popular in the UK now than at any point in the last 23 years. I wonder if those cuddly Kippers are turning people off Euroscepticism by their sheer unapologetic nastiness?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: UKIP's first MP   UKIP's first MP - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 9:25 am

Are you sure ? With today's news that the EU is demanding and will get an additional £1.7 billion from the UK because of our 'improved' GDP figures, mainly due to the attacks on the pay of nurses and other public servants, I reckon the British public would vote overwhelmingly to leave the EU and those UKIP nutters will end up in coalition with the Tories.
Then it really will be tough times ahead for all but the wealthy. The NHS and the welfare state will come under further attack and low paid/zero hours contracts will become the norm.

Just be grateful you've got a 'club to support' / job.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: UKIP's first MP   UKIP's first MP - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 9:57 am

Cornish Chris wrote:
The EU is apparently more popular in the UK now than at any point in the last 23 years. I wonder if those cuddly Kippers are turning people off Euroscepticism by their sheer unapologetic nastiness?

What an amazing thing to say CC......have you not taken on board the escalating support for UKIP.....and how the Torys are running scared of their support draining away.....so changing their policies on the hoof to counteract the claims of Farage........in fact government policy is literally being written by UKIP at the moment as if they where the elected government.

Even today a 100 Tory MP's are up in arms about the £1.7 billion surcharge that the EU are demanding from us for being relatively successful in recovering from recession....whilst failing France are going to be given a handout of £790 million for failing to address their problems.

With the Rochester and Strood bye election on Nov 20th so close....Cameron must be having kittens at the thought of another possible Tory seat going to UKIP....and the chance of him losing next years election....and him being replaced as PM before then.

The EU Commissioners say that this surcharge is at 'their discretion and is automatic,there is nothing that Britain can do about it'.

Oh yes there is....we can get out of this cess pool of money making for the EU...and make our own decisions on our own destiny....we never joined an EU Federation of States.....we joined a common market of countries for better trade relations.....Germany lost the war....but they rule and dominate  Europe at present and we should get out NOW.

Last edited by zyph on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UKIP's first MP   UKIP's first MP - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 10:12 am

Labour want to bring social care into the NHS and we need £8bn to achieve it, whilst the mansion tax and taxing hedge funds should be done anyway leaving Europe would provide the £8bn in one foul swoop, or shall we just declare anybody with Parkinson's, motor neurone disease fit for work and stop their benefits? (8000 people in the last five years have been "empowered" and helped back to work they are incapable of doing).
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: UKIP's first MP   UKIP's first MP - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 10:33 am

Cornish Chris wrote:

Says who ? link please Suspect
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: UKIP's first MP   UKIP's first MP - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 11:55 am

zyph wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

What an amazing thing to say CC......have you not taken on board the escalating support for UKIP.

Absolutely, but the fact that they won 27.5% of the vote at the last election (which itself was a derisory 34% turnout) doesn't mean that everyone agrees with them. According to an IPSOS-Mori study quoted in various newspapers today, support for the EU is higher than any point since 1991, and that support for 'In' has overtaken support for 'Out' over the last year. IPSOS-Mori also asked which way people would vote if Cameron secured some opt-outs in his negotiations, and it was 55%-23% in favour of 'In'. UKIP have a lot of powerful interests on their side - at least four of the biggest selling UK national newspapers are sympathetic, to say the least - but there seem to be a huge amount of people who are so repelled by Farage and his mates that they see the EU as the lesser of two evils.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: UKIP's first MP   UKIP's first MP - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 1:40 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
IPSOS-Mori also asked which way people would vote if Cameron secured some opt-outs in his negotiations, and it was 55%-23% in favour of 'In'.

A rather big caveat on their voting intentions there Chris. How many of Cameron's promises or "cast iron" pledges have come to fruition since he came to power ? none that I recollect.

If he loses next by-election he could be out on his ear, hopefully to be replaced by a real Conservative like David Davis or Owen Paterson.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: UKIP's first MP   UKIP's first MP - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 2:53 pm

It wasn't specified - it does show that the British public still has a rather touching faith in Conservative PMs.

Owen Paterson? Is he the climate-change flat-earther who thinks badgers move goalposts? God help us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UKIP's first MP   UKIP's first MP - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

UKIP's first MP
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: