Tringreen
Charlie Wood
jabba the gut ecfc
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Herald Watch Empty
PostSubject: Herald Watch   Herald Watch EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 8:29 am

It appears that the Herald are deleting a lot of comments that are critical of Brent or his sycophants.

Obviously (and quite rightly) they will delete anything that is abusive. They seem to be very scared of anything that could be construed as libelous. So be very careful what you post, and how you post it.

But lets keep a record here of the posts that are being deleted. When you make a post (or see another post that might get the chop), take a screenshot and post it here. Alternately, cut and paste the quote (but remember to provide a link).

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to realise that Webb has a hot line to the Herald editor and his commentator mate Errington. I think Postey has contacts there as well. Its also no secret that other directors at Argyle won't hesitate to ring up and complain if they don't like something.

At the bottom of each article there is the option to share it via social media. At the end of this row is an option to report the article as abusive. If you   do report the article, or the fact that comments have been deleted, make sure you do it properly and leave a valid email address. We can collect the responses here.

Last edited by Frank Bullitt on Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Herald Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 9:53 am

For anybody that doesnt know how to do it,
On an IPad you take a screenshot by pressing the start button and off button at the same time, this then saves the screenshot in photos or documents, then copy and paste here.
On windows press Alt+print screen.
Back to top Go down

Herald Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 10:55 am

nice one comrades
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

Herald Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 1:40 pm

You beat me to it Frank, I was just in the act of posting a thread along the same lines when I saw yours.

Unfortunately I only thought of taking screenshots after quite a few hours of totally legit posts disappearing, so I missed quite a few good ones. To be honest, I didn't really believe that it was happening at first -  I thought I was mistaken as I was just briefly glancing at my phone every now and then. It was a bit like the time I got banned from PIGSOTI - I didn't think to take screenshots of the disappearing posts that were blowing holes in Brent's claims about the potential revenue from the new stand as I thought I was imagining things. When the truth dawned on me and I realised I'd been banned, but still had some of the relevant pages up in different tabs in my browser, I took the screenshots in a panic and hurriedly copied them off. I'm still not sure I got everything as I haven't been able to find them yet. However I'm pretty sure I've got them somewhere in my terabytes of junk. I'm sure I'll get around to finding them eventually.

Anyway, there was one particularly noticeable comment which vanished from the Herald that first alerted me. It was a very long one referring to Starnes' announcement that creditors could apply for full payment from the PCC bailout and then contrasting that statement with Brent's lackeys claiming he couldn't pay the staff in full at the exit from administration because he was under a legal obligation to treat everyone the same. I missed it, but hopefully someone else can out it up.

It became apparent that other comments had also gone and that more were joining them at regular intervals. Some had massive approval ratings. The current comments section gives no indication of the scale of the kicking El Presidente has been getting.

Anyway, here's the first three of the deleted comments I nabbed. The top one is the post of Tring's which got him banned from the Herald site. Filth from start to finish I tell you; not to mention outrageous Pig Libel.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by jabba the gut ecfc on Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:49 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

Herald Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 1:41 pm

If thine eyes offend thee, pluck them out.

(N.B.The comment below was posted and deleted multiple times - it first appeared just after Webb's article was published. The comment originaly grabbed my attention because I recognised greasyian as someone who comments on articles in the City section of the Echo site. His original comment had between 40 and 50 green approval ratings when I saw it, so God know how many it received in total).

Last edited by jabba the gut ecfc on Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

Herald Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 1:42 pm

Sorry to put such filth, calumny and lies in the public domain, but here are a few more examples of the Incredible Vanishing Herald Comments Phenomenon.

Back to top Go down

Herald Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:03 pm

What a bunch of scheming cnuts the herald are.
Back to top Go down

Herald Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:12 pm

and for us who dont speak german?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Herald Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:20 pm

Once again Jabba, you've come up trumps. The Herald has done itself no favours in deleting perfectly valid comments and that really needs a wider audience than our little corner of cyberspace.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Herald Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:48 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Once again Jabba, you've come up trumps. The Herald has done itself no favours in deleting perfectly valid comments and that really needs a wider audience than our little corner of cyberspace.

What really gets me is the fact that if Brent, his anointed superfans and cheer leaders, the Herald and even PCC, are so transparent and well intentioned, why do they appear to take any opportunity to restrict freedom of speech within the law ?
Apart from being undemocratic in style, their decision making continues to be fatally flawed.

A flick through the ATD vaults reveals endless occasions when we as a forum have correctly predicted poor decision making and reported unsavoury, controlling activities.The honesty and transparancy so proudly announced by the regime has been shown to be a complete and utter sham..................................yet still it continues.
Back to top Go down

Herald Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:53 pm

The Herald has to be THE most corrupt local slime rag in the country.

Well done for exposing it's filth and corruption.

We are making waves everyone.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

Herald Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 10:33 pm

It would appear that some people think they are bullet proof. Having a newspaper deleting what would appear to be completely innocuous comments, I assume just because someone doesn't like them is worrying.

Does this now mean that certain people can put their point of view but no one is allowed to put an alternative view or criticise those views?

Does this mean that at the next general election Plymouth's supposed neutral newspaper could decide to back say the Labour party and refuse to print arguments or criticisms from people backing one of the other party's?

Has Plymouth's once great regional newspaper now sunk so low that it is in danger of becoming a laughing stock?

People in Hong Kong today are fighting for true democracy. It's looking like the people of Plymouth are having their rights to free speech eroded because the Herald are afraid of what? The screenshots put up today show the Herald in a very bad light indeed.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Herald Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 7:25 am

Richard Blight wrote:
It would appear that some people think they are bullet proof. Having a newspaper deleting what would appear to be completely innocuous comments, I assume just because someone doesn't like them is worrying.

Does this now mean that certain people can put their point of view but no one is allowed to put an alternative view or criticise those views?

Does this mean that at the next general election Plymouth's supposed neutral newspaper could decide to back say the Labour party and refuse to print arguments or criticisms from people backing one of the other party's?

Has Plymouth's once great regional newspaper now sunk so low that it is in danger of becoming a laughing stock?

People in Hong Kong today are fighting for true democracy. It's looking like the people of Plymouth are having their rights to free speech eroded because the Herald are afraid of what? The screenshots put up today show the Herald in a very bad light indeed.

This 'censorship' has been going on at least since the campaign for 'Brent's Blunder' at HHP.

I don't know about others but not only was my post deleted without reason but my account was deactivated too ! Maybe we should be going right to the very top of this organisation ? Someone or some employees require weeding out.

Edit: Maybe the AFT would like to raise the issue of deleted posts and cancelled accounts on The Chris Webb column ?

Freedom of speech on matters relating to PAFC must surely be of interest to them and the fanbase as a whole ? Similar deletions occurred during the debate over HHP and look what nearly happened there !

How about Andy Symons or Green Sam asking their contacts at the Herald, why posts are being instantly deleted and accounts cancelled if they dare to be critical of the third greatest janner, or the fine gentleman ! ? lol!
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

Herald Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 5:33 pm

Unless I'm going blind I believe that this has been deleted. I thought I would take a few snapshots this morning.

Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

Herald Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 5:47 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Unless I'm going blind I believe that this has been deleted. I thought I would take a few snapshots this morning.

I would love to know the reason why this comment was removed. The herald have well and truly showed they do not do free speech.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Herald Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 5:55 pm

It really is poor, if there is anybody left at the Herald with a modicum of fairplay left in them they should be looking into this at the highest possible level, it's North Korea/China like censorship.
Back to top Go down
swampy

Herald Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 6:26 pm

The comment above was there fairly late this afternoon as I was surprised to see it had lasted since about 6.30am along with another shorter comment which has now also gone. There were 14 comments there when I looked and now its 12.
Back to top Go down

Herald Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:17 am

Its not just with Argyle that they heavily censor comments they are doing it across the whole site!!

i noticed a few comments about Tudor Evans's leadership of council being deleted but the postitve comments remained.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

Herald Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 9:44 am

It appears that the 'Erald are doing it again on behalf of Mr Webb. See below screenshots taken on 21st October. The comments are no longer there.

Interesting that one of the comments is questioning the University and its policy on funding for the disabled.

Bottom comment missing.

#dontyoujustlovescreenshots

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Herald Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 5:11 pm

Looks like the Herald is deleting more comments on Webb's column- even from non-Argyle fans-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
swampy

Herald Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 12:09 pm

So have the Herald pulled the plug on Webb's column or what. I thought he tweeted them asking if they received his latest copy sometime before Xmas but it's been a while since he had a column now.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Herald Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 12:24 pm

He's been rushed off his feet lately, eeeeee saved ereford last week, as we speak he's in France dealing with an ongoing hostage situation and when he's sorted that it'll be straight back to the Brickfields for tomorrows rousing motivational speeches and bucket waving. The 'erald will just have to wait until The Chris is available.
Back to top Go down
swampy

Herald Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 12:32 pm

Like it lol
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

Herald Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 2:06 pm

PL2 3DQ
Post subject: Re: Plymouth Albion set to go into administrationPostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:21 pm

jerryatricjanner wrote:
Is someone missing the opportunity to jump on another tub thumping/self promoting bandwagon or will it be the basis of the next article of drivel in the Herald I wonder?

Why the need to be spiteful, Jerry?

A big clue as to where postey works????
Back to top Go down

Herald Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 11:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A new low.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Herald Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch Empty

Back to top Go down