Les Miserable
Chemical Ali
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
X Isle

X Isle

Injuries & Possible loan signing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injuries & Possible loan signing   Injuries & Possible loan signing - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:30 am

Angry wrote:
Elias wrote:
Banton drives a 14 plate ferrari. £140k worth

Pity his talent doesnt match the car's

I'd say he does.

Costs a 'kin packet but ultimately does no more than a runaround car, looks good, great turn of speed, but is high maintenance, prone to expensive failure and can leaves us stranded when he does.

Good news on Reid though, fingers crossed for Hartley.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Injuries & Possible loan signing   Injuries & Possible loan signing - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:32 am

X Isle wrote:
Angry wrote:
Elias wrote:

I'd say he does.

Costs a 'kin packet but ultimately does no more than a runaround car, looks good, great turn of speed, but is high maintenance, prone to expensive failure and can leaves us stranded when he does.

the guy is over rated by many and baton believes the hype himself
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Injuries & Possible loan signing   Injuries & Possible loan signing - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 12:09 pm

A confidence player if ever there was one, undoubted ability at this level but a bit of a luxury imo.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Injuries & Possible loan signing   Injuries & Possible loan signing - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 1:45 pm

Angry wrote:
X Isle wrote:
Angry wrote:
Elias wrote:

I'd say he does.

the guy is over rated by many and baton believes the hype himself

I'd hoped his spectacularly bad return might've sparked some humility, and quelled the farcical messiah status some hold him in. Sadly not.

He's got the weaponry in his armoury, trouble is he's lost the armoury key for so long now it's become embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Injuries & Possible loan signing   Injuries & Possible loan signing - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 2:09 pm

I think he actually HAD gained humility. This season he has looked to get back and defend a lot more as well as pass the ball a lot more rather than be greedy. The trouble is that still hasn't solved the problem of his utter lack in confidence and end product. We have had three different Bantons in his time at PAFC:

1) The lackadaisical, self-centered yet indisputably effective Jason Banton of his loan spell.
2) The lackadaisical, self-centered and painfully ineffective Jason Banton of last season.
3) Then you have got the earnest player who is trying to defend, pass, put in effort and become a well-rounded player of this season but due to the fact that he hasn't really done it before, it isn't at all working out for him and he's lot his confidence.

I still think if you could combine the new and improved attitude of this season with the old talent of his first season then there may be time for his return to be salvaged. Not that I'd bet on it actually happening, sadly.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Injuries & Possible loan signing   Injuries & Possible loan signing - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 4:11 pm

Fair point's Sam, maybe if he stayed on for some extra shooting practice after training rather than heading off to Ferrari dealerships he'd be the player we need him to be.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Injuries & Possible loan signing   Injuries & Possible loan signing - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 7:44 pm

Perhaps he has been having extra training this season- who knows when he got his Ferrari and he's certainly upped the effort level on the pitch. It's just that he's seemingly forgotten how to keep the ability going too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Injuries & Possible loan signing   Injuries & Possible loan signing - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 7:49 pm

I wonder at times whether coaching discourages the free spirit of this type of player, wingers tracking back, I mean Banton and tackling is like saying Turkeys like Christmas.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Injuries & Possible loan signing   Injuries & Possible loan signing - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 12:42 am

But the alternative is that he saunters around like last season and does very little altogether.

I don't think his trying to track back is the main problem. I don't think (like most do) that his playing out wide is the main problem. I think the main problem is that he doesn't believe in himself like the Jason Banton of 2013 believed in himself. I kinda get the impression that one really good goal and the rest could come floating back naturally.

Although I'm of course aware that the longer he goes on without getting that goal, the more I will start to sound like King Kanute on that opinion.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Injuries & Possible loan signing   Injuries & Possible loan signing - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 1:28 am

Back in loan time whenever he saw the goal he would shoot. Now it seems when he is bearing down towards the goal and thousands are shouting ''shoot'' he passes or tries to dribble further. As Sam says maybe its confidence. Lets hope so and that soon he will be ripping up trees in games.
I was reading one of King Tommy's books earlier (for the 55th time !) and he said that when he first came to Argyle he didn't score many in the first 10 or so games - then bang.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Injuries & Possible loan signing   Injuries & Possible loan signing - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 10:10 pm

Bugger we've just missed out on Rory Fallon, gone to Scunny
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Injuries & Possible loan signing   Injuries & Possible loan signing - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 10:15 pm

Graiser wrote:

Phew......that was close.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Injuries & Possible loan signing   Injuries & Possible loan signing - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 10:18 pm

Graiser wrote:

Cue Smiffy with an impassioned defence of Rory and a scathing attack on Kenny Cooper. laugh

Actually old Rory wasn't a bad player,just not good enough for the CCC when we were in it.Probably Holloway's only semi-duff buy.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Injuries & Possible loan signing   Injuries & Possible loan signing - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 10:02 pm

fallon meant to be a different option when changing tactics late in a game.
now we seem to have no tactics at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Injuries & Possible loan signing   Injuries & Possible loan signing - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 11:26 am

I couldn't give a feck whether Banton drives a Ferrari or a push bike to work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Injuries & Possible loan signing   Injuries & Possible loan signing - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Injuries & Possible loan signing
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2