sufferedsince 68
Chemical Ali
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Van Gaal Out?   Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 1:17 pm

Don't forget the mighty Ravanelli.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Van Gaal Out?   Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 5:13 pm

Not grey but Diego Costa 25?

Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 Z
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Van Gaal Out?   Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 6:36 pm

Gra(y)ham Kavanagh? (boom boom)

Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 Graham10
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Van Gaal Out?   Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 9:28 pm

ejh wrote:
Dane. wrote:
Iggy wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
Where's Dane gone, banned ?

He's in his bedroom, newly decked out in the colours of his new winning team no doubt. Plastic albino  lol!

Plastic ??? do plastics have season tickets ?????

LVG will get it right, he is the right man to get us back on top of the world

You've got a season ticket at Old Trafford?

Or do you mean Argyle?

I have 2 season tickets for Old Trafford - Stretford End
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Van Gaal Out?   Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 9:44 pm

Obviously a wealthy man. How about buying Brent out?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Gaal Out?   Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 9:46 pm

Dane. wrote:
ejh wrote:
Dane. wrote:
Iggy wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
Where's Dane gone, banned ?

He's in his bedroom, newly decked out in the colours of his new winning team no doubt. Plastic albino  lol!

Plastic ??? do plastics have season tickets ?????

LVG will get it right, he is the right man to get us back on top of the world

You've got a season ticket at Old Trafford?

Or do you mean Argyle?

I have 2 season tickets for Old Trafford - Stretford End

How many do you have at Home Park?
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Van Gaal Out?   Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 9:57 pm

none - why ? this season I just go now and again when I fancy watching a local game
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Gaal Out?   Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 10:19 pm

So you have a ST at a club 350 miles away, and make the occasional trip to Argyle?

Ever thought about doing it the other way around?

Literally half of Man Utd's full matches are on TV as well.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Van Gaal Out?   Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 10:25 pm

Why - Its a different world up there - a better world, It really is the Theatre of dreams

Argyle is like watching non league to be honest, ill always want them to do well, they are my local club, but my true love is man united,
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Van Gaal Out?   Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 10:46 pm

Dane. wrote:
Why - Its a different world up there - a better world, It really is the Theatre of dreams

Argyle is like watching non league to be honest, ill always want them to do well, they are my local club, but my true love is man united,

I have a brother (67) like you Man U mad, go to their home matches most games. Mad. as a hatter.

Good friends of Colin, John and Keith.

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Van Gaal Out?   Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 10:47 pm

Quote :
I have a brother (67) like you Man U mad, go to their home matches most games. Mad. as a hatter.

ah my uncles who are you then, ?? Colin is in charge of the ball boys up argyle and keith has been a season ticket holder for donkeys years

Im going to be going to away games as well, tiring but a fantastic experience
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Gaal Out?   Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 5:32 am

Dane. wrote:

Heard so many times on the streets of Muff. Hang your fantasists head in shame, you drongo.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Van Gaal Out?   Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 10:29 am

Dane. wrote:

Quote :

ah my uncles who are you then, ?? Colin is in charge of the ball boys up argyle and keith has been a season ticket holder for donkeys years

Im going to be going to away games as well, tiring but a fantastic experience

I see Colin at Compton. School on Wednesdays and DHSB on Saturdays for the grandson football coaching.

Myself John (my age) and Keith went two York Street together.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Van Gaal Out?   Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

Old Trafford is a strange ground.  Sure, it's big, but the sightlines are atrocious - if you have the misfortune to be sitting in any of the upper tiers the overhang of the roof cuts off the view of most of the rest of the ground. Very odd. Its doesn't help with the acoustics either, Old Trafford does not have a great atmosphere. Of the UK's big grounds it's nothing like as impressive as the Millenium Stadium, Celtic Park, St James's (the real one in Newcastle) or Wembley.  Having lived in Manchester for years I went to a lot of England games and the odd Manchester United game (in the away end, of course) and Old Trafford really has very little to recommend it.

Being miles out of the city centre with no decent pubs anywhere nearby, and having to elbow 70,000 other people out of the way to get on a tram back into the city doesn't help either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Gaal Out?   Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 2:57 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
Old Trafford is a strange ground.  Sure, it's big, but the sightlines are atrocious - if you have the misfortune to be sitting in any of the upper tiers the overhang of the roof cuts off the view of most of the rest of the ground. Very odd. Its doesn't help with the acoustics either, Old Trafford does not have a great atmosphere. Of the UK's big grounds it's nothing like as impressive as the Millenium Stadium, Celtic Park, St James's (the real one in Newcastle) or Wembley.  Having lived in Manchester for years I went to a lot of England games and the odd Manchester United game (in the away end, of course) and Old Trafford really has very little to recommend it.

Being miles out of the city centre with no decent pubs anywhere nearby, and having to elbow 70,000 other people out of the way to get on a tram back into the city doesn't help either.

i liked the cricket ground myself
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Van Gaal Out?   Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 9:09 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:

No atmosphere ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Gaal Out?   Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 11:19 pm

Dane. wrote:

You are the personification of everything that is absolutely rotten about the English game.

Kids indoctrinated by tabloids and football programmes that anything below the second tier is worthless (anyone notice the Football League Show was cancelled last Saturday?).

Fans like yourself travelling nearly 10 hours on the motorway, to support a team 280 miles away - typically against teams like Swansea and Cardiff who are only half that distance away.

Putting thousands and thousands more pounds into these multi billion dollar corporations - as if they needed or valued the support.

As for 'like watching non-league', can you talk me through the defending here and remind me what you find embarrassing about watching Argyle?

Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Van Gaal Out?   Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 6:08 am

ejh wrote:
Dane. wrote:

You are the personification of everything that is absolutely rotten about the English game.

Kids indoctrinated by tabloids and football programmes that anything below the second tier is worthless (anyone notice the Football League Show was cancelled last Saturday?).

Fans like yourself travelling nearly 10 hours on the motorway, to support a team 280 miles away - typically against teams like Swansea and Cardiff who are only half that distance away.

Putting thousands and thousands more pounds into these multi billion dollar corporations - as if they needed or valued the support.

As for 'like watching non-league', can you talk me through the defending here and remind me what you find embarrassing about watching Argyle?

We can only hope that Dane travelled to MK as a true Manchester United supporter and was there to see it first hand.
As for your post ........spot on
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Van Gaal Out?   Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 9:09 am

ejh wrote:
Dane. wrote:

Why is it wrong ? I work very hard to earn my Wage, I get to see some of the best players in the world week in week out, weather that be for United or the teams they play against, I choose to spend my money on being entertained, seeing top players, in some of the best stadiums

that's my choice, you have to forget the money you spend because the experience you get in return is second to none.

I do go to the odd evening game at argyle, however my kids will be bought up to support MUFC
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Gaal Out?   Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 10:44 am

it stinks of glory supporting what you just wrote dane thats why. your choice at the end of the day however.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Gaal Out?   Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 11:56 am

I don't think he has two season tickets at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Gaal Out?   Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 12:10 pm

I've put my pound on the plastic cnuts to win 3 - 1 today. I'm sure Harrys got a couple quid on it as well
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Van Gaal Out?   Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 3:40 pm

Leicester have beaten United 5 3 at home! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Van Gaal Out?   Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 4:12 pm

United 0-2 up and 1-3 up as well. Bizarre squad at Old Trafford at the minute. Probably the best attacking front 5 in their history, coupled with a defence that is collectively one of their worst ever.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Van Gaal Out?   Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 4:30 pm

Leicester looked a very useful side when they played the Arsies awhile back,could well be a surprise package this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Van Gaal Out?   Van Gaal Out? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Van Gaal Out?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: