Elias
mouldyoldgoat
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

segregation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 5:30 pm

The JPT trophy game was a calamitous cock-up by the Old Bill. It came at a time when Argyle had gone years without playing Exeter. For that reason, a shed load of the old original A38's and TCE came out of retirement for that fixture, which in turn whipped up massive interest from the younger wannabe casual thugs.

Police Intelligence for that game was the ultimate Oxymoron.

It was general knowledge for a very large section of the fanbase that this game was going to be a massive flashpoint, and the police got it catastrophically wrong. While it was all going off inside the ground just prior to, and following kick-off, the overwhelming majority of police on duty were still outside the ground with their fingers up their collective arses, not having a fuckin clue what to do.

They basically had their arses handed to them by a bunch of thugs due to a woefully inadequate strategic plan, which in turn delivered a laughably low number of police on the ground.

Their incompetence that day and the way they got their fingers burnt will always be at the forefront of their planning for future games and as a result will always mean complete and utter overkill in terms of police numbers and segregation for 'high risk' games in the future.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 5:30 pm

There are no more 'neanderthals' as you melodramatically put it at Argyle then there are at any other football club in the League.

The self imposed capacity restrictions at Argyle are all part of a conspiracy by Brent to justify his micro-stand.

And I know the segregation is not an issue while we are a shit L2 side but once again ejh you are failing to see the bigger picture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 5:39 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
The JPT trophy game was a calamitous cock-up by the Old Bill. It came at a time when Argyle had gone years without playing Exeter. For that reason, a shed load of the old original A38's and TCE came out of retirement for that fixture, which in turn whipped up massive interest from the younger wannabe casual thugs.

Police Intelligence for that game was the ultimate Oxymoron.

It was general knowledge for a very large section of the fanbase that this game was going to be a massive flashpoint, and the police got it catastrophically wrong. While it was all going off inside the ground just prior to, and following kick-off, the overwhelming majority of police on duty were still outside the ground with their fingers up their collective arses, not having a fuckin clue what to do.

They basically had their arses handed to them by a bunch of thugs due to a woefully inadequate strategic plan, which in turn delivered a laughably low number of police on the ground.

Their incompetence that day and the way they got their fingers burnt will always be at the forefront of their planning for future games and as a result will always mean complete and utter overkill in terms of police numbers and segregation for 'high risk' games in the future.

The D and C got it wrong I admit but I hardly rate that night in the same regard as Luton v Millwall for example.
And if memory serves me right their was oodles of segregation that night as well.

Slapping massive areas as no go zones  takes away the atmosphere and is never going to solve the hooliganism issue, as was proved that night.
The club needs to get rid of the family area and have a complete re-think of their stadium security policy, if that upsets D and C constabulary feck em and hire a separate security company.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 5:52 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
There are no more 'neanderthals' as you melodramatically put it at Argyle then there are at any other football club in the League.

The self imposed capacity restrictions at Argyle are all part of a conspiracy by Brent to justify his micro-stand.

And I know the segregation is not an issue while we are a shit L2 side but once again ejh you are failing to see the bigger picture.

What is Stapleton's role in this conspiracy having had significantly more than 5 rows of segregation ever since 2001?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 5:59 pm

ejh wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

What is Stapleton's role in this conspiracy having had significantly more than 5 rows of segregation ever since 2001?

There was never as much segregation under stapes as there is under the reluctant one.

Do keep clutching at straws.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 9:03 pm

Here are your straws.  From 2006 season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tinpot, amateurish, backwards. How we finished around the playoffs with that much segregation (at least 25 rows) is a real brain teaser.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 9:12 pm

That was not 2006 ..stop telling porkies.

If you are so hell bent on there being 2 miles of segregation between home and away support may i suggest you build a gantry near Plymouth Sound.

Or in your case preferably in it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 9:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Slide 27 same season you are on about.

It pays to be a winner . Basketball
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 10:26 pm

ejh wrote:

Tinpot, amateurish, backwards. How we finished around the playoffs with that much segregation (at least 25 rows) is a real brain teaser.

Are you talking about the 2005/2006 season? If you are, we finished 14th. Not exactly around the play-offs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 10:48 pm

I just Googled plymouth argyle 2006. Try it yourself.

Just to be easier I will pretend the segregation was a mere 5 rows throughout Stapleton's tenure, and the larger segregation was an invention of James Brent to convince the public a new stand (that it looks 80% certain he can't deliver) is urgently needed.

He also tried to pay supporters to come to the Exeter match to make it look like a sell out but most of them stayed in the Brit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 10:51 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
ejh wrote:

Are you talking about the 2005/2006 season? If you are, we finished 14th. Not exactly around the play-offs.

2006/07 - finishing 8 points off the playoffs?
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 11:16 pm

I don't know why you need to "google" it when we have an excellent site like Greensonscreen.

Anyway in the 2006 /2007 season we never really got close to the play offs either. Inspection of the league tables show that at the end of the following months we were in the following positions.

Feb. 12th
Mar. 13th
Apr. 12th
May 11th

Remembering there was only a week or two between the end of April and the end of the season, that isn't really near the play offs. It's a very respectable solid mid table.

What's this about trying to pay fans to come to the Exeter match? Are you suggesting someone from the club was paying people to go to the Exeter game????????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 11:24 pm

ejh wrote:
I just Googled plymouth argyle 2006. Try it yourself.

Just to be easier I will pretend the segregation was a mere 5 rows throughout Stapleton's tenure, and the larger segregation was an invention of James Brent to convince the public a new stand (that it looks 80% certain he can't  deliver) is urgently needed.

He also tried to pay supporters to come to the Exeter match to make it look like a sell out but most of them stayed in the Brit.

But its not pretending ejh!!

Ive just posted a picture that proves the point I was previously trying to make and I can post a lot more if you want me to.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 11:31 pm

paying supporters to watch lol! desperate times.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 11:34 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Most aspects of modern commercial football is bollocks, the powers that be would like all 92 league clubs to have neat tidy grounds, filled with quiet compliant fans who they can exploit to the max with selling their expensive corporate crap.
Premier league - feck em!
No

not much atmosphere at ANY ground nowadays
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

segregation
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2