Les Miserable
Elias
mouldyoldgoat
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

segregation Empty
PostSubject: segregation   segregation EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 2:13 pm

Just watching Hull v Stoke and i have noticed only 5 rows of seating between opposition supporters.

And this is in the Premier League,my theory is that Brent wants to enforce self imposed capacity restrictions in order to justify his micro-stand development.
I noticed on the telly at the Exeter game their was more netting on the seats then on a Salmon farm, ridiculous and sums up just how out of touch with the rest of the country PAFC are.
Back to top Go down

segregation Empty
PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 2:28 pm

Many other Premiership games have 4/5 of empty seats to separate fans.

I have especially noticed this at Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal etc etc. So, the segregation at lil old Argyle does seem extreme. Still, are you really surprised that yet another very simple thing is completely beyond anyone's comprehension at Argyle? No, nor am I. To be fair though. I wonder how much say D&C's finest have on the matter?

I truly belive my dog could run this club better. I despair.

Anyway, that's the doom and gloom out of the way. What's on tonight, everyone? Ooh, it's like having two Saturday nights in a row!! #myasswillbeinthefortescue  drunken
Back to top Go down

segregation Empty
PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 2:32 pm

You can launch a coin over 5 rows of seats, which would certainly happen at Argyle Exeter. Not advised IMO.
Back to top Go down

segregation Empty
PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 3:06 pm

ejh wrote:
You can launch a coin over 5 rows of seats, which would certainly happen at Argyle Exeter. Not advised IMO.

So Rangers v Celtic and every other derby of note in Britain can make it work but we cant ?!

I cannot wait for the elusive day IF we ever get to the Premiership we can look forward to Main Battle Tanks and Machine Gun Positions on outland road.

Argo v Exeter....pwopa nawty (Danny Dyer)

Plymouth.........the large city that acts like a backwater hick-town.
Back to top Go down

segregation Empty
PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 3:37 pm

So lets reduce the segregation to five rows, bringing a much bigger risk of violence and headlines, despite there not being any pressure on capacity?

How is that Premier League thinking?
Back to top Go down

segregation Empty
PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 3:52 pm

Bring it to 5 rows and see how it goes.

cheers 
Back to top Go down

segregation Empty
PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 4:02 pm

Sunderland V Man Utd....i rest my case.

All part of a conspiracy by Brent to reduce the capacity...permanently.
We are just lying down and accepting it.
Back to top Go down

segregation Empty
PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 4:29 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Sunderland V Man Utd....i rest my case.

All part of a conspiracy by Brent to reduce the capacity...permanently.
We are just lying down and accepting it.

I think the vast majority of the GA seem to just accept mediocrity in everything to do with argyle these days. We have been ground down to mere minions of acceptance. We are a beaten fan-base.

All hail Brent - leader of the universe.
 brent worship 
Back to top Go down

segregation Empty
PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 4:45 pm

Wake me up when this nightmare is over
Back to top Go down

segregation Empty
PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 4:52 pm

ejh wrote:

Have you never ever been outside of Plymouth? Do you think that everybody in the smoke or midlands is well behaved and don't throw coins? I despair sometimes.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

segregation Empty
PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 5:40 pm

Maybe the segregation should be increased. I mean anyone with a hand grenade could throw it quite easy into the opposition's area and do quite a lot of damage.

The simple truth is it is done like this at Argyle purely to reduce costs.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

segregation Empty
PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 11:34 pm

more like D&C have no idea how to police BIG games, after all theres hardly a segregation area in old firm matches surely the most hotly constested game in the UK !
Back to top Go down

segregation Empty
PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 9:44 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Maybe the segregation should be increased. I mean anyone with a hand grenade could throw it quite easy into the opposition's area and do quite a lot of damage.

The simple truth is it is done like this at Argyle purely to reduce costs.

I suspect it's down to cost. The bigger the segregation, the less police involved, less money to fork out by the club? Maybe? is this how it works?

Personaly, going on ejh's assumptions, I rekon the away fans should be up on Jennycliff. After all, we have to take into account the range of an RPG. tongue 
Back to top Go down

segregation Empty
PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 10:40 am

Modern football, no standing, no segregation, sit down like quiet little mice and pay your money, and while you're at it, buy a programme, sweets, fizzy drinks and burgers, but make sure you sit the feck down.

Dull, sterile and expensive, yet still the masses buy into it.

If you want real football go watch a game in Germany... stand and watch the game, pay reasonable prices.
Back to top Go down

segregation Empty
PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 11:13 am

Not only did we have a mile of segregation we had about a million riot police, horses and helicopters, about the same level of policing as we had when Brizzle City or Cardiff played here, wtf is that all about, what did city bring down 800 or 900? Must have had an individual copper each yet I bet Pie Face was still upsetting people with his songs swinging his moobs to the beat.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

segregation Empty
PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 11:26 am

How about a dedicated fighting section? at one end of the ground take all the seats out, fence it all off and when the ref blows the whistle for kickoff battle can commence. At half time you stop, shake hands, dress your wounds and take on board 5 pints of grog before kicking the shite out of each other again for another 45 mins. Prizes can be awarded at the end for the last man standing, move of the fight, most appalling wound that didn't need hospital treatment etc.etc. Only those who wish to take part can enter that section of the stadium so no innocent bystanders are harmed.

Maybe the AFT could put my proposals to the club? It might even be a better watch than the football.
Back to top Go down

segregation Empty
PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 11:48 am

5-6 rows is fine with me provided there is a risk assesment done to make sure it works.

certainly dont think a whole block like we do now is needed or warranted when like punchdrunk says bigger clubs with more meaningful games can do it with 5 rows including the old firm and millwall west ham.
Back to top Go down

segregation Empty
PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 1:02 pm

It also catches my attention when they bang on about the family area being so popular when most of the time it is three quarters empty and on the rare occasions that it is busy most of them sat there are doing so courtesy of freebies that get handed out to the school's.
My daughters school is always getting batches of free family area tickets, can't even give them away.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

segregation Empty
PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 2:55 pm

Most aspects of modern commercial football is bollocks, the powers that be would like all 92 league clubs to have neat tidy grounds, filled with quiet compliant fans who they can exploit to the max with selling their expensive corporate crap.
Premier league - feck em!
No
Back to top Go down

segregation Empty
PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 4:27 pm

I can't relate to the prem. at all, it's the other side of he coin from Argyle, both are farcical in different ways.
Back to top Go down

segregation Empty
PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 4:37 pm

Iggy wrote:
ejh wrote:

Have you never ever been outside of Plymouth? Do you think that everybody in the smoke or midlands is well behaved and don't throw coins? I despair sometimes.

What is it you are despairing at?
Back to top Go down

segregation Empty
PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 4:49 pm

Angry wrote:
5-6 rows is fine with me provided there is a risk assesment done to make sure it works.

certainly dont think a whole block like we do now is needed or warranted when like punchdrunk says bigger clubs with more meaningful games can do it with 5 rows including the old firm and millwall west ham.

Who is to say they haven't done a risk assessment and the current segregation is what was advised.

Maybe it is what the police suggest.

Sit in the Block 16-21 area and you will see how many neanderthals there are in our support.

Then there is the night in the JPT where the police were well out of their depth, flares on the pitch, police and dogs on the pitch trying to contain the mob throwing missiles at the police in that corner.

So I don't think just some netting and a 5 metre distance is all it takes to stop trouble at Argyle v Exeter. Man utd v Sunderland is hardly comparable.

For years Argyle fans moaned about the policing and safety overkill, but the one time the police didn't impose an overkill there was chaos, violence between supporters, each other and the police, during the game and after.

With no pressure on capacity I dont know why this is even an issue worth moaning about.
Back to top Go down

segregation Empty
PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 5:00 pm

ejh wrote:
Iggy wrote:
ejh wrote:

What is it you are despairing at?

I've had to dodge coins in the corner of the Mayflower Demport chucked by people in the Demport. We used to have rival fans in the Lyndy chucking coins at us sometimes, there is always opportunities for people to throw coins I could easy chuck a coin at the barn park end from block 16, some may land amoungst the family block, would I care? Not really if that were my thing. I just don't see how you can justify the segregation when we seem to have a much stricter policy than any other club in the country, Millwall, Leeds and Cardiff to name a few?
Back to top Go down

segregation Empty
PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 5:05 pm

I think if it was a big capacity game they would look at it - I'm sure there was minimal segregation at Argyle v QPR in 2002, but with only 11, 000 at the last game we don't need to experiment do we?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

segregation Empty
PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 5:26 pm

I disagree.

This is a variant on the excuses trotted out for only having a 17000 capacity stadium but the reasoning is flawed. Admittedly on a spreadsheet it looks fine and is logical but it shows no empathy for those who might attend.

First off 11000 approaches a capacity crowd at present. With every seat filled we can take 16000 or so but 2500 of those are away fans only. Exeter brought less than 1000 fans down and so 1500 seats remain unavailable. With around 600 seats per block that's 3 blocks on top of the 2 blocks they were given.

After that we have Kids' Corner. Not filled to capacity using another 2 or 3 blocks. Another 1000 empty seats there.

So that's 2500 unsold seats meaning everywhere else, the normal Home area, is crammed more or less full.

This in turn creates its own problems: people have to sit at the front (possibly in the rain); people turn up in groups and can't sit together; someone might end up sat next to a complete idiot and be unable to move away; someone might want a ticket for certain area but be unable to get one... All of these problems get worse and worse as available seats become fewer in number.

Empty seats are not a problem. Empty seats are an opportunity for the individual fan to improve his or her matchday experience by exercising choice about how and where they watch the game (as opposed to having a choice arbitrarily imposed upon them) and an opportunity for the club to get creative about marketing the club, ticket sale policy and maximising revenue from spectators.

Obviously with crowds around 6000 not much of this applies and the "17000 Argument" holds firm but the "17000 Argument" is a self-fulfilling prophecy: make a matchday unenjoyable for enough people and they won't bother even trying to come back and it is those most easily dissuaded from coming that the club should be targeting either to start to attend or to attend more regularly as a top priority.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

segregation Empty
PostSubject: Re: segregation   segregation Empty

Back to top Go down

segregation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next