Elias
Tgwu
MTM
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MTM

Dissapointed with Argyle academy Empty
PostSubject: Dissapointed with Argyle academy   Dissapointed with Argyle academy EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 12:48 am

I Found out this evening that for the second sucessive year our academy boys will have to be kitted out in new training gear because the club decided to change suppliers yet again.

Last year most parents had to find at least a £100 for the official club kit. £100 would buy most of what the boys would need. But many shelled out more to get the full set of everything. This new season I'm told that there will be a considerable increase in the cost of the kit.

I know these sums are not huge but Plymouth is not an afluent area. The amount of driving, fuel, boots and time off work to keep someone in the system is already a huge burden on overstreched parents. I personally think the club is trying to expoit parents and is very short sighted in doing so. There are already many many boys that the club have tried to bring in and the parents have turned them down. Some boys and there parents are approached regularly and have been for years. They still keep turning the club down. I really don't blame them. I know the club is skint but alienating potential talent ( or their parent) is not the way forward.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed with Argyle academy   Dissapointed with Argyle academy EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 2:11 am

Sorry to hear, the girls are treated the same. I would send my grandson to Torquay if he any good.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed with Argyle academy   Dissapointed with Argyle academy EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 9:19 am

i would do the same TGWU
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed with Argyle academy   Dissapointed with Argyle academy EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 9:22 am

I'm shocked that the kids have to buy their own kit at all - apart from, maybe, their boots.

And in the great scheme of things the cost to the club involved is negligible.

Ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed with Argyle academy   Dissapointed with Argyle academy EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 9:58 am

Seems very shortsighted, just one of these kids making it through the ranks and into the first team squad would benefit the club greatly and be a potential source of income through any transfer fee aquired. Wake up Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed with Argyle academy   Dissapointed with Argyle academy EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 10:12 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Seems very shortsighted, just one of these kids making it through the ranks and into the first team squad would benefit the club greatly and be a potential source of income through any transfer fee aquired. Wake up Argyle.

This.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed with Argyle academy   Dissapointed with Argyle academy EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 11:29 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

This.

This x2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed with Argyle academy   Dissapointed with Argyle academy EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 3:02 pm

Its shocking but sadly not uncommon for some clubs to treat its kids like this. Perhaps now the GT's have finished paying of the staff debt they could start raising funds with their fanfests for the youth academy.

May aswell
Back to top Go down
Daz Evans

Daz Evans

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed with Argyle academy   Dissapointed with Argyle academy EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 6:26 pm

Do they really have to pay for their kit? That's disgusting. My son as I've said before is at Derby Academy and they get training kit, tracksuits, presentation suits, bags and all match kit is hanging up on match days in the changing room ready for them and then left for the club to launder afterwards. Christ every age group from U8s upwards goes on a foreign preseason weekend tour for free as well! For the club to be charging what they consider to be talent for the future of the club is wrong.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed with Argyle academy   Dissapointed with Argyle academy EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 6:35 pm

Perhaps the AFT could get some clarity on this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed with Argyle academy   Dissapointed with Argyle academy EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 6:37 pm

Get the buckets out !!!!!!

jocolor jocolor jocolor 
 lol! 
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed with Argyle academy   Dissapointed with Argyle academy EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 8:04 pm

Hardly an incentive for local talent.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed with Argyle academy   Dissapointed with Argyle academy EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 8:47 am

What a bloody mess this club is !

Suppose it's an opportunity for more bucket rattling  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
MTM

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed with Argyle academy   Dissapointed with Argyle academy EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 4:55 pm

Just to be clear. I was refering to trainng kit. Match kit is provided by the club. Lower income families are going to have to dig deep again for the new training kit. My worry is that we are turning the youth system into an envirnment that really only works if your parents have money to burn. What about parents that don't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed with Argyle academy   Dissapointed with Argyle academy EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 4:58 pm

Not only Argyle but the FA should hang their heads in shame, grass roots football is the lifeblood of the national game of the future, they are awash with money and wonder why we can't compete on the international stage?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed with Argyle academy   Dissapointed with Argyle academy EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 5:14 pm

MTM do you have to transport your son to away fixtures as well? I was speaking to someone from the Redruth area and he said he did for Argyle youth games?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed with Argyle academy   Dissapointed with Argyle academy EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 5:28 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
MTM do you have to transport your son to away fixtures as well? I was speaking to someone from the Redruth area and he said he did for Argyle youth games?

They dont even have a bus!!! what is going on behind the scenes at argyle concerning the youth.
Back to top Go down
MTM

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed with Argyle academy   Dissapointed with Argyle academy EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 6:08 pm

The lad is not my son, I'm very close with his family however.
They do have a team coach. Some parents/family make their own way to watch. The club ( rightly in my opinion ) prefers boys to travel on the team coach.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed with Argyle academy   Dissapointed with Argyle academy EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 6:43 pm

Correct me if I`m wrong but I thought the argyle foundation was setup to help the youf with these kind of costs.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed with Argyle academy   Dissapointed with Argyle academy EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 9:57 pm

Adam Lallana has just earned Bournemouth circa £5M because he was in their academy and then signed for Southampton.

Training Kit £50
Lallana = enough training kits @ £50 a time for 100,000 trainees

At what point does this club do the obvious and look after its future and community. feckin joke frankly. Run by shambles for shambles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed with Argyle academy   Dissapointed with Argyle academy EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 10:00 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
Correct me if I`m wrong but I thought the argyle foundation was setup to help the youf with these kind of costs.

Good point worth investigating. Something isnt right if the youth setup is struggling like this with finances.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed with Argyle academy   Dissapointed with Argyle academy EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 10:06 pm

Angry wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:

Good point worth investigating. Something isnt right if the youth setup is struggling like this with finances.

Fair play. I've done 30 months of contributions.

Wrong thread but if HHP never comes off who owns the GT debt if we go tits up?
Back to top Go down
Daz Evans

Daz Evans

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed with Argyle academy   Dissapointed with Argyle academy EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 6:50 am

Surely the club should be providing training kits for free, this is he first academy I have ever heard of not doing that. The ones I know would even supply boots if the players family were low income and struggling. It sound like the club is massively underfunding the youth set up. As a selling club, and that's what we are, we should be investing at academy level to recoup later on. It sounds like Torquay and Exeter have better set ups and that should cause the board to hang it's head in shame.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed with Argyle academy   Dissapointed with Argyle academy EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 8:25 am

Will this thread subject show it face on the farm?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed with Argyle academy   Dissapointed with Argyle academy EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 9:54 am

Tgwu wrote:
Will this thread subject show it face on the farm?

Pasoti have been practising the "right to be forgotten" act long before google started so no is the answer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed with Argyle academy   Dissapointed with Argyle academy Empty

Back to top Go down

Dissapointed with Argyle academy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next