Rickler
Tringreen
Ballboy1958EGS
stephensdad
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season   Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 2:06 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
I thought the same as Angry(welcome back Very Happy ) Couldn't the club donate £1 for each shirt sold to the RBL ? maybe they are, please can you explain exactly how the deal works Sam.

thankyou, it just seems the logical thing to do if you have a charity logo on your kit that will sell in droves as i imagine the home kit will. £1 per kit would be great.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season   Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 2:23 pm

I don't think Argyle are donating anything to the RBL, the opposite in fact as RBL have paid Argyle, via the Trust, to have their emblem on the shirt. The Trust will then fundraise to pay the RBL back the cost of sponsorship. In effect the Trust is paying (by fundraising) for the RBL's sponsorship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season   Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 2:32 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
I don't think Argyle are donating anything to the RBL, the opposite in fact as RBL have paid Argyle, via the Trust, to have their emblem on the shirt. The Trust will then fundraise to pay the RBL back the cost of sponsorship. In effect the Trust is paying (by fundraising) for the RBL's sponsorship.

i see, so effectively the RBL wont actually be better off financially from this sponsorship other than recoup the monies it leant the club in the first place.

might just be me but i dont see the point in this deal if thats the case.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season   Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 3:15 pm

The Trust will also try to fundraise for additional revenue for the RBL as well as the money its paying back for the sponsorship- as I say I think this will stretch the Trust resources if they have to raise thousands of pound?. Possibly a bit early to ask how they aim to achieve this- although greensam did say something like this takes months of planning so maybe the Trust already have a plan of action?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season   Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 4:09 pm

Hi guys. Been a bit of confusion so I'll try to explain the finer points of the deal as best I can.]

First of all- the RBL haven't actually loaned anything to us or the club. The money to cover the shirt sponsorship has been very generously underwritten by some friends of the Trust who wish to remain anonymus but they've ensured that the deal goes ahead. Their loans have ensured that the back of the shirt will bear the RBL logo.

The two pots will be as followed:

Pot One: The payment back to the Friends of the AFT of their money that they've have loaned to underwrite the sponsorship. So essentially, this pot is raising money for the sponsorship although it has been underwritten.

Pot Two: A pledge by the AFT to raise a similar sum of money for the RBL itself as they are our designated charity.

Therefore the RBL get the direct financial proceeds of Pot Two and the good publicity that comes with being on the back of the shirt which is enabled as a result of our pot one fundraising. We do have quite a few ideas already in place for fundraising both pots in order to raise the money by this time next year. Though it won't stop us getting on with other stuff too.
Back to top Go down
Ballboy1958EGS

PostSubject: Re: Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season   Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 4:28 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Hi guys. Been a bit of confusion so I'll try to explain the finer points of the deal as best I can.]

First of all- the RBL haven't actually loaned anything to us or the club. The money to cover the shirt sponsorship has been very generously underwritten by some friends of the Trust who wish to remain anonymus but they've ensured that the deal goes ahead. Their loans have ensured that the back of the shirt will bear the RBL logo.

Pot One: The payment back to the Friends of the AFT of their money that they've have loaned to underwrite the sponsorship. So essentially, this pot is raising money for the sponsorship although it has been underwritten.

Pot Two: A pledge by the AFT to raise a similar sum of money for the RBL itself as they are our designated charity.

Therefore the RBL get the direct financial proceeds of Pot Two and the good publicity that comes with being on the back of the shirt which is enabled as a result of our pot one fundraising. We do have quite a few ideas already in place for fundraising both pots in order to raise the money by this time next year. Though it won't stop us getting on with other stuff too.

I think that pretty clear to understand Sam and will help to dispel all the assumptions by other people that are flying around at the moment. Congratulation on your presentation at the announcement of the deal, you put the AFT involvement very clearly across, in fact well done to you all, which will not only be good for the club but for the whole of the city and region in general.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season   Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 4:34 pm

Thanks Sam, that's as clear as the mud in Stonehouse creek(only joking). So the club aren't donating anything to the RBL which is fair enough as they are in effect just a back of shirt sponsor, however if the funds paid by the anonymous AFT backers can't be recovered through charitable deeds(I'm working on the assumption that they'll want repaying before any surplus can be donated to the RBL) I presume there will be nothing in the pot for the RBL, except the publicity from the back of shirt sponsorship.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season   Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 4:54 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Thanks Sam, that's as clear as the mud in Stonehouse creek(only joking). So the club aren't donating anything to the RBL which is fair enough as they are in effect just a back of shirt sponsor, however if the funds paid by the anonymous AFT backers can't be recovered through charitable deeds(I'm working on the assumption that they'll want repaying before any surplus can be donated to the RBL) I presume there will be nothing in the pot for the RBL, except the publicity from the back of shirt sponsorship.
People will be able to donate into Pot One or Two whenever they please, so if people choose to donate into Pot Two before Pot One is full up than the RBL would still get Pot Two.

However you're right in that our main priority for fundraising events will be Pot One until it's full up. But we don't envisage a scenario where we can't move on to Pot Two. Without boring you with the details, there are various benefits as a sponsor that can be sold on to make money so a good amount of Pot One is already set to be filled by those means.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season   Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 5:12 pm

Thanks for the info Sam
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season   Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 5:25 pm

One idea for raising a few pounds is when a home/away shirt is purchased in the club shop the shop assistant asks the buyer if he/she would like to make a donation to the RBL.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season   Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 6:41 pm

A great cause  but............. seriously ? The Trust has to raise £50k for the sponsorship before the RBL gets anything ?

Meanwhile the club is on the brink and along with the council, is receiving no concerted challenge to several issues which threaten the very future of PAFC.

No doubt the Aviva faithful will do their best but there's only so many buckets that can be rattled and so many auctions finding bidders.

Marvellous. I'll give to the RBL in the usual fashion.

ps Maybe the AFT chairman should come on here instead of liking abusive f/b comments and explain how the Trust intends holding the club and council to account re the parlous state the club is in, how he intends to increase membership significantly, increase Trust funds and influence for the real job facing a supposed Fans' Trust.

Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season   Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 7:09 pm

Tringreen wrote:
A great cause  but............. seriously ? The Trust has to raise £50k for the sponsorship before the RBL gets anything ?

Meanwhile the club is on the brink and along with the council, is receiving no concerted challenge to several issues which threaten the very future of PAFC.

No doubt the Aviva faithful will do their best but there's only so many buckets that can be rattled and so many auctions finding bidders.

ps Maybe the AFT chairman should come on here instead of liking abusive f/b comments and explain how the Trust intends holding the club and council to account re the parlous state the club is in, how he intends to increase membership significantly, increase Trust funds and influence for the real job facing a supposed Fans' Trust.

Sometimes you really do not help yourself. Where the hell did £50k come from - it will be well short of half that amount. And Sam has already said that anyone who wants to give straight to RBL can, even before the sponsorship id paid for. Customer choice - here is my pound AFT - Thank you sir, would you like that to go towards the sponsorship or direct to the RBL sir? Not difficult is it?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season   Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 7:36 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Sometimes you really do not help yourself. Where the hell did £50k come from - it will be well short of half that amount. And Sam has already said that anyone who wants to give straight to RBL can, even before the sponsorship id paid for. Customer choice - here is my pound AFT - Thank you sir, would you like that to go towards the sponsorship or direct to the RBL sir? Not difficult is it?

From here , dear boy. Whether correct or not it sounds about right for year long sponsorship ?
Chemical Ali wrote:
Whilst its commendable of the Trust to support a charity in this way, surely a lot of time and energy will be spent fundraising for the RBL (let's say the back sponsorship costs £50k [I'm guessing] that will take a lot of fundraising to achieve), when surely there is a need to deal with matters relating to Argyle's existence when the balloon payment is due in 2 years time? I'm not trying to criticise, just wondering whether the Trust have the resource and time to do this?

ps Damon. Try helping yourself. I'm fine. Cool 
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season   Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 8:46 pm

And Chemical Al stated he was guessing - you made it fact to suit you argument. When front of shirt struggled to make £75k asking price? Back of shirt woupd be arounf £20k. Your constant snipes at the Trust are a bore.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season   Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 8:49 pm

Hi Sam..

What is the correct figure?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season   Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 9:25 pm

I'll be honest with you. It's a commercially sensitive thing so under the terms of the legal contract between the three I'm not sure if we're allowed to say the correct figure. That's being as transparent as I can but some things are out of our control, I hope you'll understand.

All I will say is that it's not even in the ballpark of being close to 50k and I'll leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season   Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 9:51 pm

Firstly congratulations to the Trust for this initiative, I'm sure it will help membership numbers and help build a relationship with the club.

Although this is to be welcomed I also hope that all this fundraising doesn't detract from the Trust's prime objective of being a "critical friend". Raising money for the RBL and raising it's profile is a very worthwhile cause ( as is raising the profile of the club and Trust) but many fans will be much more concerned about the issues surrounding the debt levels of the club and how those debts are to be paid. The issues surrounding the new stand or not as the case may be. What happens if the stand isn't built. What happens to the land if it's not built. The retention of the ground in public hands. Improving catering facilities etc. within the stadium and I'm sure foremost in most fans eyes, the performance of the team on the pitch.

I know only too well the amount of work Trust members have to get through at times. I also know that at times Trust members other lives must take precedence. I also recognise that three board members do not live in the Plymouth area. This initiative has my full backing as long as the Trust doesn't overstretch itself.

Sam, it won't bore us, please give us the details of how aspects of the sponsorship can be sold on. The more information that can be given the better. It will help stop speculation and conjecture as already witnessed earlier in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season   Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:50 pm

Richard Blight wrote:

.. many fans will be much more concerned about the issues surrounding the debt levels of the club and how those debts are to be paid. The issues surrounding the new stand or not as the case may be. What happens if the stand isn't built. What happens to the land if it's not built. The retention of the ground in public hands. Improving catering facilities etc. within the stadium and I'm sure foremost in most fans eyes, the performance of the team on the pitch.

Well... Sam was stood right next to 'Martyn'. What did Mr Starnes have to say about any of the above?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season   Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 5:28 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
And Chemical Al stated he was guessing - you made it fact to suit you argument. When front of shirt struggled to make £75k asking price? Back of shirt woupd be arounf £20k. Your constant snipes at the Trust are a bore.

If it is 'only' £20k, that too will take some raising before loans are repaid and actual profit is made. It's all sounding par for the course at PAFC these days. Still it's a great little sideshow,to take the focus off the club and council and it may result in a handful of new Trust members.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season   Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 8:10 am

You are either the ultimate troll, the world's biggest WUM or as thick as thick as a pig on a farm. For the last time loans to not have to be repaid before RBL get money. Have a word Mods.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season   Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 8:36 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
You are either the ultimate troll, the world's biggest WUM or as thick as thick as a pig on a farm. For the last time loans to not have to be repaid before RBL get money. Have a word Mods.

Have a word with yourself, loser. I understand perfectly well that friends of the trust have 'loaned' the money for the sponsorship but will be paid back through pot 1, if it raises enough. If it doesn't they carry the loss. Pot 2 goes to the RBL.

Samgreen quote :

Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season   Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 8:44 am

Tringreen wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:

If it is 'only' £20k, that too will take some raising before loans are repaid and actual profit is made. It's all sounding par for the course at PAFC these days. Still it's a great little sideshow,to take the focus off the club and council and it may result in a handful of new Trust members.

So why say that?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season   Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 9:09 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:

So why say that?

Because it's true.

So, let's say fund raising activities produce a decent amount of money into pot 2 for the RBL but little to pot 1 as that is to repay the loans by 'friends' of the trust and I'm guessing that pot 2 will be more attractive for donations as it goes direct to the RBL. Any shortfall in pot 1, which I feel is likely, will result in the 'friends' taking the hit financially. If the club were to allow the poppy to appear on the shirt free of charge, all the money raised would go to the charity and maybe the 'friends' would have made generous donations anyway .

Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season   Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 9:17 am

The club isn't in a financial position to give away the space, no matter how worthy the cause.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season   Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 9:43 am

Dingle wrote:
The club isn't in a financial position to give away the space, no matter how worthy the cause.

So the fans are expected to keep paying up and the club keeps on refusing to answer questions................ great.

Only in Plymouth. I suspect that other Fans' Trusts would by now be highlighting their concerns and going all out to increase membership and build up funds in readiness for the looming crisis ahead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season   Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle will wear a Poppy on their shirts this season
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next