Tringreen
lawnmowerman
Chemical Ali
Mock Cuncher
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

"The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread Empty
PostSubject: "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread   "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread EmptySun May 04, 2014 6:02 pm

He just can't keep out of the limelight, can he!

Link
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread   "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread EmptySun May 04, 2014 6:44 pm

They've even dedicated a Festival to him in Wales!

LINK
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread   "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread EmptySun May 04, 2014 7:22 pm

GOB wrote:
He just can't keep out of the limelight, can he!

Link

lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread   "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread EmptySun May 04, 2014 9:45 pm

Obviously the purse strings have been opened. Aw yea
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread   "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread EmptyThu May 08, 2014 12:54 pm

Heard he just bought a new pub.

"The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread Wye_valley_walk_fownhope
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread   "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread EmptyFri May 09, 2014 2:37 pm

Looks familiar, may have driven past that place.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread   "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread EmptyFri May 09, 2014 4:36 pm

Every time I cross the road, I can't help thinking about Webb

"The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread Traffi10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread   "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread EmptyFri May 09, 2014 4:41 pm

"The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread Img_HDPj8D
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread   "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread EmptyFri May 09, 2014 8:53 pm

Chris opens up another business.  Very Happy 

"The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread Greenm10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread   "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread EmptySun May 11, 2014 7:47 am

Thread split by me. I don't want to read this crap. If you want to argue then set up your own forum and do it there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread   "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread EmptySun May 11, 2014 11:36 am

nice one Frank Thumbs 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread   "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread EmptySun May 11, 2014 1:29 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Thread split by me. I don't want to read this crap. If you want to argue then set up your own forum and do it there.

cheers 
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread   "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread EmptySun May 11, 2014 2:56 pm

Let the pathetic posts go unhindered on this democratic site. Good one Frank - it's ok to abuse people without any recourse. That's how you lot like it - dishing it out but not able to take it back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread   "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread EmptySun May 11, 2014 2:59 pm

Have a word with yourself Hairy.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread   "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread EmptySun May 11, 2014 3:14 pm

I have. This is a genuinely pathetic thread. It's utterly pointless, isn't funny and is essentially what you lot have a go at pasoti for. Abusing banned members who can't answer back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread   "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread EmptySun May 11, 2014 3:16 pm

deadhorse 
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread   "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread EmptySun May 11, 2014 3:21 pm

Hairy obviously can't distinguish between actual abuse, and a light-hearted piss-take that (and here's the irony, folks) comes from his hero Webbs use of the Greenman account. An account set up wholely to abuse others anonymously.

Classic.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread   "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread EmptySun May 11, 2014 3:26 pm

I bet the irony gets lost somewhere.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread   "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread EmptySun May 11, 2014 3:29 pm

hairy j wrote:
Let the pathetic posts go unhindered on this democratic site. Good one Frank - it's ok to abuse people without any recourse. That's how you lot like it - dishing it out but not able to take it back.

I don't see it that way Hairy. I don't want to read this crap anymore. If you want to post it then you need to go elsewhere - and the same goes for anyone who wants to pollute the site with their personal arguments. It's gone too far now and I think we have all had enough.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread   "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread EmptySun May 11, 2014 3:37 pm

Look 'forum' up on wikipedia for a start. Also, irony isn't hypocrisy. In addition, 'go elsewhere' - I wasn't aware there was a script.
Not surprising why I didn't get to be mod isn't it. I should have been - you weren't voted in Frank. I'd have deleted this thread as it just makes everyone who's posted LOL posts look like a bunch of idiots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread   "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread EmptySun May 11, 2014 3:57 pm

Oh come on! I don't always agree with hairy & at times he's out to get a reaction (but others do precisely that on here!!!!). I think I PMed him to calm down more than I did anyone else on here (apart from Jock). BUT he often points out the perceived hypocrisies of people. He gives as good as he gets but that also means he receives a lot also.

Just because you don't like someone's posts or their style it doesn't mean that what he says is wrong - for example this thread has dug up yet more attacks on Chris Webb. It's a bit like trawling through history in order to support your cause. I thought that when I saw it but I shut up. Hairy obviously thought that but didn't shut up. Maybe both of us have something to learn from that. Maybe he simply should learn when to step back. Maybe I should do more what I'm now doing ......

I said it in the mod room and I've said it on the open forums that, in my view, the job of the mods is to enable everyone to post equally. That doesn't mean the mods lose their right to an opinion but it should mean that they exercise that right a bit more circumspectly and not simply hand back the abuse that some seem to think hairy hands out himself. Otherwise, how different is this from pasoti? Look at who's having a go at hairy ..... apart from Czar they're mods. One thing I learnt from my stint in the mod room was to discover why some of the pasoti mods behaved as they did but that doesn't make it right. Just because someone makes your job more difficult that shouldn't be a reason to single him out. Sorry, but I think the job of the mod is primarily to enable the smooth running of the site & not pursue a personal agenda. And if how mods mod isn't up for challenge or discussion wouldn't that also be like pasoti?

PS I absolutely agree with the current mods' attempts to reduce the juvenile name-calling & squabbling but it should be even-handed.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread   "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread EmptySun May 11, 2014 4:12 pm

FFS, you forgot to mention that you don't think people 'get' hairy, knecht...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread   "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread EmptySun May 11, 2014 4:21 pm

Are you suggesting that we are ganging up on Hairy because of this thread Knect? This thread is just the tip of a hairy iceberg, the threads are littered with his arguing and bitching. Yes I am arguing with him in some of those threads or it's about five or six other posters but it always has Hairy at the centre of it. Starts an argument then plays the victim, boring as feck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread   "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread EmptySun May 11, 2014 4:26 pm

'I hope Rickler Dies'

If that isn't a light the blue touch paper and stand back sort of thread that has only one objective. i.e to troll/get a reaction/ get a bite (delete as appropriate) then I don't know what is.

The thing is with Hairy is that he never learns. He's a creature of habit, as we all are. He behaves for a few weeks, usual after a warning, then back he comes with his usual reactionary shite. You can almost put money on Hairy being involved in 9/10 threads that descend into a shitefest of insult and innuendo.

As a collective, the mod team have had a gut full of it, and will do something about it whoever it may upset.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread   "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread EmptySun May 11, 2014 4:29 pm

knecht wrote:
Oh come on! I don't always agree with hairy & at times he's out to get a reaction (but others do precisely that on here!!!!). I think I PMed him to calm down more than I did anyone else on here (apart from Jock). BUT he often points out the perceived hypocrisies of people. He gives as good as he gets but that also means he receives a lot also.

Just because you don't like someone's posts or their style it doesn't mean that what he says is wrong - for example this thread has dug up yet more attacks on Chris Webb. It's a bit like trawling through history in order to support your cause. I thought that when I saw it but I shut up. Hairy obviously thought that but didn't shut up. Maybe both of us have something to learn from that. Maybe he simply should learn when to step back. Maybe I should do more what I'm now doing ......

I said it in the mod room and I've said it on the open forums that, in my view, the job of the mods is to enable everyone to post equally. That doesn't mean the mods lose their right to an opinion but it should mean that they exercise that right a bit more circumspectly and not simply hand back the abuse that some seem to think hairy hands out himself. Otherwise, how different is this from pasoti? Look at who's having a go at hairy ..... apart from Czar they're mods. One thing I learnt from my stint in the mod room was to discover why some of the pasoti mods behaved as they did but that doesn't make it right. Just because someone makes your job more difficult that shouldn't be a reason to single him out. Sorry, but I think the job of the mod is primarily to enable the smooth running of the site & not pursue a personal agenda. And if how mods mod isn't up for challenge or discussion wouldn't that also be like pasoti?

PS I absolutely agree with the current mods' attempts to reduce the juvenile name-calling & squabbling but it should be even-handed.

Good Post 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread   "The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread Empty

Back to top Go down

"The Way Forward" Previously Chris Webb/Greenman joke thread
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next