Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grandstand season tickets.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Grandstand season tickets. Empty
PostSubject: Grandstand season tickets.   Grandstand season tickets. EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 10:07 am

We were told recently that the Grandstand tickets would not be sold this season so that the MEGA STAND can be started and fans moved to other parts of the ground., I have since been told that tickets have been sold for the Grandstand for next season, any season ticket Grandstanders shed any light on the situation?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand season tickets.   Grandstand season tickets. EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 6:13 pm

Iggy,

Here's what Penz/WG had to say on the 'Season Ticket Question For The AFT' Thread, in the Argyle Fans Trust and PASB forum.

Guest wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Box holders being told this weekend if they can purchase their boxes for next season.

Well, it all seems to have changed.
My family friend has just renewed her long held grandstand season ticket, and the arrangements are exactly the same as they were last season. That is, she has been sold her usual grandstand seat for next season, and has her fall back Lyndy block 10 ticket should building commence at any time during the season.
So who was it saying the club was not selling grandstand tickets for next season ?
Has there been a back track ? That certainly doesn't sound as if "no one will be in the grandstand next season".

So, the same as you, I don't know WTF is going on with grandstand ST's for next season. I sense a right royal, fur-lined, ocean going feck-up coming on. But, don't worry. Look how far we've come! Laughing

Piss-ups and brewery are the first words that spring to mind. Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand season tickets.   Grandstand season tickets. EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 9:21 am

When I renewed mine last Monday they were definitely not selling grandstand tickets. The poor girls in the ticket office were there for ages trying to explain to the old bloke infront of me that the grandstand was closed next season. Like poi say Wtf is going on .maybe the mini stand ain't happening.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand season tickets.   Grandstand season tickets. EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 10:34 am

It was the sort of confusion shown on this thread that made me ask the AFT to find out exactly what was going on. Their answer from Martyn Starnes was as seen on that thread. No tickets will be sold.

Now, before I went up to renew mine, one of my mates phoned to ask whether the seats he had picked out at the beginning of last season in case we had to move were still valid or whether we had to choose again. He was told they were still allocated to us if the grandstand was to close.

When we went up to pay on Saturday the young lad took my cheque from me and didn't even ask which seat it was for. I asked to double check because we couldn't remember which seats it was. I had the distinct impression that he thought I already knew I would be renewing for the replacement seat. ( Which I did after my mates call.)So I'm wondering if other fans have gone up and given their name and address; the box office staff have brought up the details on the screen, which will include the number of the replacement seat and taken the money for that new seat. If the staff haven't made it abundantly clear which seat the fan has just paid for, it is possible fans could have walked away thinking they have just paid for their grandstand seat.

It doesn't surprise me that there is still confusion. The AFT have tried to make it clear through internet websites and emails to their members but fans who don't look at websites will still be in the dark. I don't get the Herald so I don't know if the club have tried to make it clearer but even the Herald's readership is small compared to what it used to be.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand season tickets.   Grandstand season tickets. EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 10:42 am

I can understand why Brent's other businesses seem to have a few problems if he runs them in such an incompetent way!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand season tickets.   Grandstand season tickets. Empty

Back to top Go down

Grandstand season tickets.
Page 1 of 1