Richard Blight
Elias
SwimWithTheTide
Czarcasm
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The Scandal So Far Empty
PostSubject: The Scandal So Far   The Scandal So Far EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 9:47 am

Hello everyone.

As you can see a new board has appeared. The idea behind this is that our guests and new users can have immediate access to some of the stories and scandals that have appeared on ATD over the last 3 years. There are stories here that certain people are desperate to forget so I think it is only right that we continue to highlight them.

Some of the threads are not too easy to follow anymore as usernames have changed or been deleted. You can view the threads and post on them, but you cannot create new threads on this board. If you find something that you think should be moved here tell one of the mods and we can move it. I have spent some time trawling through the old threads but I haven't read them all the way through, and I am sure there are some juicy stories that I have missed out, so it is still very much a work in progress.

If you think the idea is crap then start a thread in the Site Section and we can all discuss and review it.

Cheers
Frank
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

The Scandal So Far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scandal So Far   The Scandal So Far EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 10:03 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Hello everyone.

As you can see a new board has appeared. The idea behind this is that our guests and new users can have immediate access to some of the stories and scandals that have appeared on ATD over the last 3 years. There are stories here that certain people are desperate to forget so I think it is only right that we continue to highlight them.

Some of the threads are not too easy to follow anymore as usernames have changed or been deleted. You can view the threads and post on them, but you cannot create new threads on this board. If you find something that you think should be moved here tell one of the mods and we can move it. I have spent some time trawling through the old threads but I haven't read them all the way through, and I am sure there are some juicy stories that I have missed out, so it is still very much a work in progress.

If you think the idea is crap then start a thread in the Site Section and we can all discuss and review it.

Cheers
Frank

Good work Frank.  Very Happy  The highlighted bit alone makes it a worthwhile exercise. Over time it may not be as widely read as the other Boards so maybe slotting it in below the Half-time Board later on maybe an idea, rather than between the Mayflower and Zoo.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

The Scandal So Far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scandal So Far   The Scandal So Far EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 3:05 pm

Why are the links and pictures only available for Admin to read/see?
Back to top Go down

The Scandal So Far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scandal So Far   The Scandal So Far EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 3:17 pm

My mistake. You should be able to read and see them now.
Back to top Go down

The Scandal So Far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scandal So Far   The Scandal So Far EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 3:24 pm

That must have taken a lot of work to get that little lot sorted. A good idea and a well done for the effort.

Can this also be saved in a safe place other than ATD, it is after all a significant chunk of PAFC history, even if it is of a dark period.
Back to top Go down

The Scandal So Far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scandal So Far   The Scandal So Far EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 3:42 pm

Thanks Frank.

I've browsed a few. Interesting history lesson there.

Then this quote from a link to a "pasoti discussion" between Baba & IJN leapt out at me:
Baba- "The Argyle fan base isn't that big. Anybody that wanted to find anybody else probably could in next to no time if they wanted to and nobody wants to be attacked at a football match, do they? Very unpleasant. ONly a complete no mark loser would do such a thing."

How prescient!!!!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

The Scandal So Far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scandal So Far   The Scandal So Far EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 8:26 pm

No excuses for new posters who claim no awareness of 'history'
Back to top Go down

The Scandal So Far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scandal So Far   The Scandal So Far EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 10:50 pm

We have already had an abuse report about this thread saying that it contains multiple libels and defamation. Could the person responsible please report any libel to the mods via the contact the mods email and we will look into it. Btw, things that are true are not libel no matter how much you wish they hadn't happened. As its only the mods that read the abuse reports it seems like a bit of a waste of your time.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

The Scandal So Far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scandal So Far   The Scandal So Far EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 11:14 pm

The person who thinks that everything is libellous or defamatory needs to read this;

https://www.argyletd.com/t6100-new-libel-law-1st-jan-2014

Edited to correct the link.
Back to top Go down

The Scandal So Far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scandal So Far   The Scandal So Far EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 9:24 am

this is a great idea, ideal for newcomers to see what  pig and his chums have been up to sunny sunny 
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

The Scandal So Far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scandal So Far   The Scandal So Far EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 10:26 am

Well done to all concerned a great idea and once again appreciate the hard work.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

The Scandal So Far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scandal So Far   The Scandal So Far EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 11:21 am

Certainly makes for an interesting read
Back to top Go down

The Scandal So Far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scandal So Far   The Scandal So Far EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 5:52 pm

You can all thank Frank for all of the hard work in bringing this new forum to the masses. Us other mods just sat on our arses in the mod room drinking tea and dunking chocolate hobnobs.  flower 
Back to top Go down

The Scandal So Far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scandal So Far   The Scandal So Far EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 6:50 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
You can all thank Frank for all of the hard work in bringing this new forum to the masses. Us other mods just sat on our arses in the mod room drinking tea and dunking chocolate hobnobs.  flower 

That's all I ever do.

And play around the settings!

lol!
Back to top Go down

The Scandal So Far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scandal So Far   The Scandal So Far EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 6:56 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Person Of Interest wrote:

That's all I ever do.

And play around the settings!

lol!

laugh 
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

The Scandal So Far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scandal So Far   The Scandal So Far EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 7:46 pm

Brilliant. Thanks  flower 
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

The Scandal So Far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scandal So Far   The Scandal So Far EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 2:53 pm

So today is the 20th.....do I assume that 'the scandal so far'....has not been added too.....since the 11th.....is this the lull before the storm....is James Brent behaving himself at present.

Only three matches before the end of the season.....what is on the summer agenda at Home Park.....maybe we will know sooner than later.....maybe not.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

The Scandal So Far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scandal So Far   The Scandal So Far EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 9:37 pm

no scandal but im sure some dimwit will let something slip.
Back to top Go down
Real_Supporter

The Scandal So Far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scandal So Far   The Scandal So Far EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 9:24 pm

Pathetic, truly pathetic.
Back to top Go down

The Scandal So Far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scandal So Far   The Scandal So Far EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 11:20 pm

The Scandal So Far PASOTI
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

The Scandal So Far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scandal So Far   The Scandal So Far EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 10:46 am

lol
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

The Scandal So Far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scandal So Far   The Scandal So Far EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 11:57 am

Angry wrote:
The Scandal So Far PASOTI
lol!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

The Scandal So Far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scandal So Far   The Scandal So Far EmptyWed May 23, 2018 10:18 am

https://thenewellfiles.wordpress.com/
Back to top Go down

The Scandal So Far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scandal So Far   The Scandal So Far EmptyWed May 23, 2018 11:00 am

seadog wrote:
https://thenewellfiles.wordpress.com/
popcorn
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

The Scandal So Far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scandal So Far   The Scandal So Far EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 5:19 pm

All threads are now locked except this one. This is to stop them being bumped or infested with people arguing.

If you have anything to say about this forum or you think we should add anything then let us know here.

Ta.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Scandal So Far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scandal So Far   The Scandal So Far Empty

Back to top Go down

The Scandal So Far
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next