Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 EU corruption scandal.

Go down 
+3
zyph
seadog
Earwegoagain
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 11954
Join date : 2017-09-09

EU corruption scandal. Empty
PostSubject: EU corruption scandal.   EU corruption scandal. EmptyMon Dec 12, 2022 2:00 pm

I expect Seadog will be all over this story like a rash, backed up by Savage and that drippy lad whatever he calls himself these days,

Watchdogs and opposition MEPs said the bribery investigation could represent one of the biggest corruption scandals in European Parliament history.

Michiel van Hulten, a former MEP and director of anti-corruption organisation Transparency International EU, said: "While this may be the most egregious case of alleged corruption the European Parliament has seen in many years, it is not an isolated incident.

"Over many decades, the parliament has allowed a culture of impunity to develop, with a combination of lax financial rules and controls and a complete lack of independent - or indeed any - ethics oversight. In many ways it has become a law unto itself."

Mr Borrell, speaking to reporters as he arrived at a meeting of EU foreign ministers on Monday, said: "Certainly the news is very, very worrisome.

"We are facing some events, some facts, that certainly worries me as a former president of the European Parliament."

Can't say you weren't warned. Lol.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin



Posts : 14014
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 64
Location : @ sea or @home

EU corruption scandal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU corruption scandal.   EU corruption scandal. EmptyMon Dec 12, 2022 6:46 pm

feck me, Farage was done foe £500,000, corruption in the EU is not new.

We have escaped now into corruption free tory land.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph


Posts : 12724
Join date : 2014-03-02
Age : 83

EU corruption scandal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU corruption scandal.   EU corruption scandal. EmptyMon Dec 12, 2022 7:14 pm

Where else does the Qatari money machine reach with it's scheming.....World Cup...EU...?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 6308
Join date : 2011-05-12

EU corruption scandal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU corruption scandal.   EU corruption scandal. EmptyMon Dec 12, 2022 7:31 pm

I trust the EU institutions far more than any UK institutions in this shite country where absolutely nothing works. Just shows a proper investigation was done and the main suspect arrested, an MEP (democratically elected), will face the full force of the law.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin



Posts : 14014
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 64
Location : @ sea or @home

EU corruption scandal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU corruption scandal.   EU corruption scandal. EmptyMon Dec 12, 2022 8:53 pm

That sort of thing could never happen here in corruption free tory land, lolzzzzzzzz.

£600.000 is small change FFS, £29 Million in yer back pocket doesn't even register let alone £37 Billion, lolzzzzzz

Yer but, no but.

Keep diggin ears, keep on diggin.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 11954
Join date : 2017-09-09

EU corruption scandal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU corruption scandal.   EU corruption scandal. EmptyTue Dec 13, 2022 9:54 am

"Over many decades, the parliament has allowed a culture of impunity to develop, with a combination of lax financial rules and controls and a complete lack of independent - or indeed any - ethics oversight. In many ways it has become a law unto itself."

Eu gooood, UK baaaaddddd. You lot are hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde


Posts : 917
Join date : 2015-11-02
Location : The Happy Isles where nobody grows old

EU corruption scandal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU corruption scandal.   EU corruption scandal. EmptyWed Dec 14, 2022 11:19 am

Freathy wrote:
I trust the EU institutions far more than any UK institutions in this shite country where absolutely nothing works.


Nothing works - well it certainly isn't looking good at home or worldwide. It's weird (unless I've missed it) that neither side of the 'Commons' has attempted to paraphrase Harold Wilson who, when faced with similar situation regarding pay rises, said, "One man's wage rise is another man's price rise.


As for EU Institutions: From the top down the EU were responsible for the machinations that saw the Boeing Aircraft Industry Company lose it's role as the world leader in the building and supplying civil passenger airliners.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 11954
Join date : 2017-09-09

EU corruption scandal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU corruption scandal.   EU corruption scandal. EmptyWed Dec 14, 2022 12:15 pm

We need to divorce ourselves from the EU business model that we are employing in all our public services, my brother drives a bin lorry a couple of days a week, he has just had a fallout because although he is paid a whole £12.50/hr he is docked 45 minutes a day for breaks yet his working day always exceeds the 8hrs that it should take, the agency that hires him charge £25/hr for all the guys on a lorry so all the bin men cost us double what they get paid, is this what we went to fortnightly bin collections for so that agencies can get rich? I was reading the other day that some Doctors are getting £5k/shift, more than double their weekly salary, yet again the agency will be getting the same just for making a phone call. Just like all that "free EU money" we used to get it all costs us double. I bet all the agencies voted remain.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 11954
Join date : 2017-09-09

EU corruption scandal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU corruption scandal.   EU corruption scandal. EmptyWed Dec 14, 2022 12:27 pm

An investigation by the Labour Party showed that during 2021-22 60 trusts in England spent more than £800m on temporary staff and the total spend on bank staffing exceeded £1.7bn.

Extrapolating these figures to all trusts in England would mean that the total spend on temporary staffing across the NHS amounted to £8.9bn.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin



Posts : 14014
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 64
Location : @ sea or @home

EU corruption scandal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU corruption scandal.   EU corruption scandal. EmptyThu Dec 15, 2022 10:58 am

Welcome to tory england, vote shit get banged.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 11954
Join date : 2017-09-09

EU corruption scandal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU corruption scandal.   EU corruption scandal. EmptyThu Dec 15, 2022 5:22 pm

seadog wrote:
Welcome to tory england, vote shit get banged.

Welcome to the EU model of Tory England, for every £1 spent we get fifty pence worth of services, it happened by degrees for each and every year we were in the EU and it needs to change and soon.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin



Posts : 14014
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 64
Location : @ sea or @home

EU corruption scandal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU corruption scandal.   EU corruption scandal. EmptyThu Dec 15, 2022 8:56 pm

We aren't in the EU any more, Doris and frosty negotiated an oven ready deal to release into the sunny uplands, FFS!

We are all in it together, lol.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 11954
Join date : 2017-09-09

EU corruption scandal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU corruption scandal.   EU corruption scandal. EmptyFri Dec 16, 2022 10:26 am

As your post above illustrates adequately the stench of the EU is still all too evident. It's a big money laundering machine and it's our money they are laundering.

Meanwhile the original story just gets bigger. lol.
Allegations that bundles of cash were handed over in return for influence first emerged last Friday with the arrest of six people, two of whom were later released.

Belgian police have since released pictures of stacks of euro notes in €200, €50, €20 and €10 denominations in a case that prosecutors allege involved corruption, money laundering and criminal organisation within the European Parliament.

Eva Kaili, 44, was taken to a jail on the outskirts of Brussels and has since been stripped of her role as one of 14 vice presidents of the European Parliament. Her Greek lawyer denied she had done anything wrong and said she had only ever carried out official EU policy.

He also denied allegations that she had accepted bribes amid reports that €150,000 had been found in her Brussels flat.

Sources in Brussels said another €600,000 had been found at the home of one suspect, and another €750,000 in a suitcase in a Brussels hotel room.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat


Posts : 15385
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 60
Location : Berkshire

EU corruption scandal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU corruption scandal.   EU corruption scandal. EmptyFri Dec 16, 2022 12:58 pm

And how long is it since the eu budget was last signed off by auditors?

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 11954
Join date : 2017-09-09

EU corruption scandal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU corruption scandal.   EU corruption scandal. EmptyFri Dec 16, 2022 2:41 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
And how long is it since the eu budget was last signed off by auditors?

Thing is we used to give the EU about £10bn a year, so does every other member state which just gets swallowed up by the EU beaurocratic machine, what do you reckon they get, £400~£500bn a year to run a huge council much of which is unelected, no wonder it's rife with corruption.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 11954
Join date : 2017-09-09

EU corruption scandal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU corruption scandal.   EU corruption scandal. EmptyFri Dec 16, 2022 3:02 pm

Despite what we are told this corruption graph provided by transparency international shows things aren't that bad compared to the rest of the EU,
TRADING
ECONOMICS
Corruption Index | Europe

G20
Country Last Previous Reference
Denmark 88 88 Dec/21
Finland 88 85 Dec/21
Norway 85 84 Dec/21
Sweden 85 85 Dec/21
Switzerland 84 85 Dec/21
Netherlands 82 82 Dec/21
Luxembourg 81 80 Dec/21
Germany 80 80 Dec/21
United Kingdom 78 77 Dec/21
Austria 74 76 Dec/21
Estonia 74 75 Dec/21
Iceland 74 75 Dec/21
Ireland 74 72 Dec/21
Belgium 73 76 Dec/21
France 71 69 Dec/21
Portugal 62 61 Dec/21
Lithuania 61 60 Dec/21
Spain 61 62 Dec/21
Latvia 59 57 Dec/21
Slovenia 57 60 Dec/21
Italy 56 53 Dec/21
Poland 56 56 Dec/21
Czech Republic 54 54 Dec/21
Malta 54 53 Dec/21
Cyprus 53 57 Dec/21
Slovakia 52 49 Dec/21
Greece 49 50 Dec/21
Croatia 47 47 Dec/21
Montenegro 46 45 Dec/21
Romania 45 44 Dec/21
Hungary 43 44 Dec/21
Bulgaria 42 44 Dec/21
Belarus 41 47 Dec/21
Kosovo 39 36 Dec/21
Macedonia 39 35 Dec/21
Serbia 38 38 Dec/21
Turkey 38 40 Dec/21
Moldova 36 34 Dec/21
Albania 35 36 Dec/21
Bosnia and Herzegovina 35 35 Dec/21
Ukraine 32 33 Dec/21
Russia 29 30
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin



Posts : 14014
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 64
Location : @ sea or @home

EU corruption scandal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU corruption scandal.   EU corruption scandal. EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 6:37 pm

Thank goodness the tories are in charge here in little england.

Taxpayer's money is safe now.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 11954
Join date : 2017-09-09

EU corruption scandal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU corruption scandal.   EU corruption scandal. EmptySun Dec 18, 2022 9:30 am

seadog wrote:
Thank goodness the tories are in charge here in little england.

Taxpayer's money is safe now.

Well a lot safer than most EU countries anyway. I was quite surprised that the EU corruption was that bad tbh but I guess the constant pro EU brainwashing has affected us all?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin



Posts : 14014
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 64
Location : @ sea or @home

EU corruption scandal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU corruption scandal.   EU corruption scandal. EmptyMon Dec 19, 2022 4:59 pm

Certainly looks that way on Facebook and in the Chat rooms.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin



Posts : 14014
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 64
Location : @ sea or @home

EU corruption scandal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU corruption scandal.   EU corruption scandal. EmptyMon Dec 19, 2022 8:20 pm

When the Tories sold off our electricity in 1991, 5 of the ‘Big 6’ ended up in the hands of the French, German, Spanish and Swiss. Now these companies charge British consumers up to 5 times European prices in order to subsidise electric back home,The Lord is shining on us all.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Savageandstrand

Savageandstrand


Posts : 78
Join date : 2022-07-12

EU corruption scandal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU corruption scandal.   EU corruption scandal. EmptyThu Dec 22, 2022 5:57 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
I expect Seadog will be all over this story like a rash, backed up by Savage and that drippy lad whatever he calls himself these days,

Watchdogs and opposition MEPs said the bribery investigation could represent one of the biggest corruption scandals in European Parliament history.

Michiel van Hulten, a former MEP and director of anti-corruption organisation Transparency International EU, said: "While this may be the most egregious case of alleged corruption the European Parliament has seen in many years, it is not an isolated incident.

"Over many decades, the parliament has allowed a culture of impunity to develop, with a combination of lax financial rules and controls and a complete lack of independent - or indeed any - ethics oversight. In many ways it has become a law unto itself."

Mr Borrell, speaking to reporters as he arrived at a meeting of EU foreign ministers on Monday, said: "Certainly the news is very, very worrisome.

"We are facing some events, some facts, that certainly worries me as a former president of the European Parliament."

Can't say you weren't warned. Lol.

You really are a quite offensive tool aren't you
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 11954
Join date : 2017-09-09

EU corruption scandal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU corruption scandal.   EU corruption scandal. EmptyThu Dec 22, 2022 1:41 pm

Savageandstrand wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I expect Seadog will be all over this story like a rash, backed up by Savage and that drippy lad whatever he calls himself these days,

Watchdogs and opposition MEPs said the bribery investigation could represent one of the biggest corruption scandals in European Parliament history.

Michiel van Hulten, a former MEP and director of anti-corruption organisation Transparency International EU, said: "While this may be the most egregious case of alleged corruption the European Parliament has seen in many years, it is not an isolated incident.

"Over many decades, the parliament has allowed a culture of impunity to develop, with a combination of lax financial rules and controls and a complete lack of independent - or indeed any - ethics oversight. In many ways it has become a law unto itself."

Mr Borrell, speaking to reporters as he arrived at a meeting of EU foreign ministers on Monday, said: "Certainly the news is very, very worrisome.

"We are facing some events, some facts, that certainly worries me as a former president of the European Parliament."

Can't say you weren't warned. Lol.

You really are a quite offensive tool aren't you

That is a quote. Not my words. Former MEP Michiel van Hulten of anti corruption organization transparency international said it as I clearly highlighted in the post.
Can you just not read or do you just not bother?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





EU corruption scandal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU corruption scandal.   EU corruption scandal. Empty

Back to top Go down
 
EU corruption scandal.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» corruption
» Tory Party Corruption
» Tory Party Corruption
» Tory Party Corruption
» Latest Scandal

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: