mannameadbabe
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 7:00 pm

I tell you about neglect! As a kid with my brother we never had anything in a red or white sauce if we were having the same food as my parents. My Mum didn't like anything with a red sauce and my Dad didn't like anything with a white sauce.
My Dad won't have mashed potato unless he sees the peelings. As a RN man on board ship he had to put up with mash and roast potatos made out of 'Pom'???

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 7:41 pm

When the six year old was still three, her favourite lunch after a morning's painting and before going to nursery was burger and plain pasta.

Quite handy, it was: the burgers were that kind of vegetarian food that looks like meat, smells like meat, tastes like meat and has the texture of meat. I'd have had to throw them away if it wasn't for her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 8:00 pm

Me and Poppy McDougall just had a proper cheeseburger and chips...twas well nice
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 9:15 am

happy birthday KEEPITGREEN
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 11:13 am

Beanburger + goat's cheese = heaven.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 11:20 am

Just brought myself a mans bag, Grandson disappointed I will not be in England to take him to the crabbing competition at the Barbican tomorrow, He won the largest crab section last year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 1:19 pm

I caught crabs down the Barbican once.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 1:46 pm

Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Iggy wrote:
I caught crabs down the Barbican once.

so predictable ..geddon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 7:50 pm

He was only a nipper mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 11:05 am

Somebody had to say it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 11:16 am

Had a family meal last night, if anybody thinks I'm mental then you should meet my sister who thinks that good dinner party conversation revolves around persuading the rest of the family that women in England suffer more sexual abuse than in any other country of the world, DLT should be on death row with Stuart Hall because he LOOKS like a paedoe and generally moaning like feck because my Mum hadn't dried the Tomatoes before cooking her veggie option Tarte Tatan. She didn't storm out until I pointed out that telling my Mum that I stole her car to go to Bristol one night to pick up a young lady is still being a grass even if it did happen thirty years ago.
Nice evening.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 11:24 am

Iggy wrote:
Had a family meal last night, if anybody thinks I'm mental then you should meet my sister who thinks that good dinner party conversation revolves around persuading the rest of the family that women in England suffer more sexual abuse than in any other country of the world, DLT should be on death row with Stuart Hall because he LOOKS like a paedoe and generally moaning like feck because my Mum hadn't dried the Tomatoes before cooking her veggie option Tarte Tatan. She didn't storm out until I pointed out that telling my Mum that I stole her car to go to Bristol one night to pick up a young lady is still being a grass even if it did happen thirty years ago.
Nice evening.            

Well we all know that you can choose your friends.......but with your relatives you don't get too much of a say.

I think many middle eastern and asian women might disagree with you sister about sexual abuse in this country compared with their experiences.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 5:20 pm

I got back from England this morning and am rather tired.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 9:29 pm

Roast pork: overrated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 9:33 pm

Apparently, humans taste like pork. Pig
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 10:41 pm

That's given me a cracking earworm for bedtime - The Stranglers, Men in Black, complete with alien giggle noises and the lyrics:

"Healthy livestock, so we can eat
Human flesh is porky meat"

In other news, I thought they'd sold out of loose bananas in Sainsburys (nectar points innit) earlier, but they'd just moved them. Phew.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 11:39 pm

Morrisons regularly run out of loose carrots. I remedy this inconvenience by simply opening a pack of bagged carrots.

(if ever the need arises, this solution would probably work for bananas)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 8:04 am

I've graised my left elbow
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:29 am

Grazes are horrible.

On the other hand, I've never understood why people make such a fuss about paper cuts. I've never had one that really hurts.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:46 am

The iinitial 'slice' of a deep paper cut isn't pleasant. But yeah, unless you do something like rub salt on it or imerse it in white spirit, most paper cuts are more than manageable.

Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 10:17 am

Visited my friends small holding at Cornwood on Friday. Beautiful place 16 acres bordering the Erme. Has chickens, ducks, geese cows and a poly tunnel with tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers etc, and bee hives.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 1:26 pm

Logged in to ATD for the first time in ages (I likes a read). I have absolutely nothing interesting to say (logs out).
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Has Bernadette given you a thankyou call yet?
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 1:48 pm

Yup but not offered to pay for the postage, which I find a little strange?
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next