Tgwu
Peggy
mannameadbabe
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
hippo

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 9:37 pm

Funnily enough, I spent most of today wearing only undergarments, and a pair of shorts. I haven't visited the M&S website, but, an aquaintence has to visit a factory here that makes lingerie, I've asked for some samples.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptySat May 03, 2014 12:58 pm

Been shopping with my Daughter this morning. I came home with a new iphone. She didn't!  Laughing

I wonder if she will help me set it up?  Suspect 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 8:24 pm

Eldest daughter returned home today after 3 consecutive sleepovers (fri,sat,sun) at different friends houses.

In terms of peace and cash saving, I can thoroughly recommend this course of action.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 11:22 pm

Tonight I have managed to download ALL my songs on to my iphone without any help from the children. Its taken me all evening though! Embarassed 

Tomorrow I might find out how to make a call on it! cheers 

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed May 07, 2014 5:22 pm

Went for frango e batata fritas today paid for by well off English people. yum yum. Meanwhile, rather disappointed as there's no chance of free lingerie.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed May 07, 2014 6:22 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Tonight I have managed to download ALL my songs on to my iphone without any help from the children. Its taken me all evening though! Embarassed 

All evening for ten songs.....good grief.....didn't you like the rest of Gracie Fields repertoire...... sorry 
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed May 07, 2014 11:21 pm

zyph wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

All evening for ten songs.....good grief.....didn't you like the rest of Gracie Fields repertoire...... sorry 

10 songs! I'll have you know it was 17!
And who is Gracie Fields?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 3:59 am

Gracie Fields played centre-forward for West Ham in the late 30s. She would have gone on to play for England if the war hadn't intervened.

Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 4:42 am

Started out playing for Rochdale.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 7:47 am

Don't forget after the war she turned out regularly for the Isle of Capri and even found time to play the role of Mrs Marple.....you don't get players like that anymore.

Mouldy, please please we know your not that young......who is Gracie Fields.... there there there there there there
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 8:46 am

Having chest pains and breathlessness, called the doctor and he said call an ambulance, so I may not be around for a bit.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 8:54 am

pepsipete wrote:
Having chest pains and breathlessness, called the doctor and he said call an ambulance, so I may not be around for a bit.

Sorry to hear that pepsi....hope things will soon be under control and on the mend quickly........hope it's just a blip that isn't serious....will be thinking of you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 9:59 am

Good luck, Pete.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 10:30 am

Look after yourself Pete.

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 10:34 am

zyph wrote:
Don't forget after the war she turned out regularly for the Isle of Capri and even found time to play the role of Mrs Marple.....you don't get players like that anymore.

Mouldy, please please we know your not that young......who is Gracie Fields.... there there there there there there

All right I know of her but only because my Dad hated her and the songs she used to sing when he was younger. I remember my Grandmother saying to me and my brother, 'watch this', playing one song and the old man going into one!  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 10:47 am

Take care, Pete  flower 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 11:02 am

FFS Pete, if you are feeling dodgy stay well away from here! Get well soon mate.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 11:06 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
zyph wrote:

All right I know of her but only because my Dad hated her and the songs she used to sing when he was younger. I remember my Grandmother saying to me and my brother, 'watch this', playing one song and the old man going into one!  Very Happy 

At least our Gracie was a good thing from Rochdale.....compared with ...the recent sex grooming ring....and of course the odious Cyril Smith.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 5:50 pm

pepsipete wrote:

Get well, Percy. If you need anything, remember I'm only two minutes down the road from you. I'll Pm you my mobile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 5:59 pm

Yipeee. It's Friday. Last one tonight then another four off. Now. What to do this weekend now there's no footy?

Fortescue?
The Dolphin?
Fortescue?
Finish the couple of litres of Jack Daniels Honey that's lying around?
Fortescue?
Edit about 50GBs of photo's just stored in Lightroom awaiting processing?
Fortescue?
Bike ride?
Fortescue?
Take more photos?
Fortescue?
Book car in for MOT?
Fortescue?

Mehhhhh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 8:31 pm

I went to "Bread & Roses" on Ebrington Street the other day. A not bad pint. Great food and really comfortable bar.

I'd concede not as good as the Fortescue.

(Maybe we could get The Fortescue to sponsor ATD?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri May 09, 2014 8:46 am

I enjoyed the Fortesque and the company when I recently visited, I also enjoy the Dolphin.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri May 09, 2014 10:20 am

I enjoy 'The Sovereign of the Seas'....each Friday lunchtime for a meal and drink with an old work colleague....and get brought up to date with what's happening....this is 10yrs after I retired, I don't know how he put up with the rubbish that goes by the name of 'the work place'...half the people doing twice as much for the same money as years ago...and no one dare complain.....sad.

PS.......'The Sovereign of the Seas' is a Wetherspoons....named after an Elizabethan man-o-war...built at Deptford by William Pett......the area here is named after him, it's were he lived and where the timber came from.....end of todays history lesson.......good pub by the way....too far for a day trip from Plimuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri May 09, 2014 10:23 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bet you're not allowed to spit on the floor like you can in The Dolphin.

The Dolphin isn't as good as it was in the old days.

For the quality of the beer you can't beat The Fortescue (ATD's official sponsor) though the Prince Maurice in Eggbuckland is pretty damed good!
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri May 09, 2014 5:16 pm

knecht wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bet you're not allowed to spit on the floor like you can in The Dolphin.

The Dolphin isn't as good as it was in the old days.

For the quality of the beer you can't beat The Fortescue (ATD's official sponsor) though the Prince Maurice in Eggbuckland is pretty damed good!

That's an old picture, fenced off with benches for quite a few years since that was taken.

Another pub nearby called 'The Daylight Inn'......named because William Willett who lived in this area a 100yrs ago,who first thought of daylight saving, but died before it was introduced....give us a pic ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next