17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Torquay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay   Torquay - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 12:00 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Angry wrote:
did torquay rush to our aide ever?

They passed on their share of a psf with us when we were up Shiite Creek and couldn't find the paddle.

I wouldn't want them to take the drop, no really I wouldn't.

my comment was mainly based on did torquay send us players when we were down there and they were chasing the playoffs not on finances like greensleeves. There fans more than helped us during admin and you guys too so i will never question that about Torquay. Besides if we were in the championship then sending a few players to torquay would be good but we are in teh same league now its egotisical to do that with players who cant make our bench playing the same teams they do imo
Back to top Go down

Torquay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay   Torquay - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 12:16 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Moot point; none of our players on the bench would be remotely useful to anyone in this league.

Quoted for truth.

People must be off their head to think Torquay would want Harvey, Richards, Vassell or Purrington for the job they have to do.
Back to top Go down
merse

Torquay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay   Torquay - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 12:27 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Moot point; none of our players on the bench would be remotely useful to anyone in this league.

Your probably correct in that assumption, we're bad enough as it is without making things worse.

Having an idiot like Hargreaves borrow players and than getting them recalled for not playing them (eg Jack Rudge, Man Utd) and other piss poor signings like Shaun Cooper (never been fit enough to play a game yet) is the root cause of now being so far adrift when things were bad anyway. But appointing him  manager anyway as the result of a popularity exercise and allowing the cabbage patch doll of a chairman to do any other but sign cheques is another.

Nearly 200k blown on paying off the likes of Ling, Taylor and Knill yet nothing spent on players ~ madness.

As you know only so well down there...........a fool and her money are easily parted!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Torquay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay   Torquay - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 1:03 am

Nice to see you around, Merse.

Good luck to you and your team.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Torquay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay   Torquay - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 2:15 am

ejh wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

Quoted for truth.

People must be off their head to think Torquay would want Harvey, Richards, Vassell or Purrington for the job they have to do.
I kind of agree with the first three but Purrington?

Although Parsons is better, Purrington still put in a string of pretty decent performances for us and was much better than any of the clowns who've played LB there before him this season. He may not be your blood and snotter type that you need for a relegation battle but let's face it, Torquay are really shite and would probably just be glad of a decent player regardless of whether they're a seasoned pro or not.

Last season I would have been more in agreement with Mock's view, but we are 8th in the league. As hard as it is to believe, we're not actually a bad side now at all. I don't think it's so silly that our bench players could improve the really crap teams in this league.

Harvey I think would be debatable- there's something there, and he's better in midfield than attack but can go missing a bit too much when he comes on. Richards I quite like but Reid, Fletcher and Sheridan all haven't rated him having seen much more of him than me in all fairness. Vassell, agreed there's no chance he'd improve them. I think Ben may be another matter though, same with Nathan Thomas seeing as he isn't getting a look-in here.
Back to top Go down

Torquay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay   Torquay - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:44 am

Purrington shows great potential but he is raw and weak.

His mistakes which led to goals were simply glossed over because he is young, and no-one wants to put the boot into a 17; year old janner doing his best.

It took Shez a while to break Parsons in but I called for it several games before - it was always the right decision.

What players do we have with a genuinely small chance of being involved in the 14 (11 + 3 subs) that would benefit Torquay's bid to close a huge point gap?

Last time they got in Joss Labadie - he'd he good enough for us now, let alone them.
Back to top Go down

Torquay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay   Torquay - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:47 am

Meahwhile Harvey struggled for a start at Salisbury.

Again evidence perhaps we rate our own kids too highly.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Torquay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay   Torquay - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:48 am

greensleeves wrote:
Guys   Did Torquay fans ever join in to help the club when we were in admin. No. Brighton fans yes...Torquay fans No..If they go down they go down...

Lawnmowerman...am really surprised at you...I express a view point...if  you regard that as  trolling then you're an idiot..

pig Just luuuurvs Brighton too  Rolling Eyes 

Eee'l never ere a bad word about Brighton and their luverry faaaaaaans. Eeeeee never fergets y'know.

It's all a bit gay, if you ask me. laugh 
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Torquay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay   Torquay - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:56 am

greensleeves wrote:
Guys   Did Torquay fans ever join in to help the club when we were in admin. No. Brighton fans yes...Torquay fans No..If they go down they go down...

Lawnmowerman...am really surprised at you...I express a view point...if  you regard that as  trolling then you're an idiot..

did argyle fans come to the rescue of argyle? no.

what a shite argument that is, but youre alright jack(not shepps).
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

Torquay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay   Torquay - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 10:23 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
Yes. Unlike the fucktards who taunt our neighbours the strength of football in the peninsula is important. It does no - one any favours to see any of the three clubs relegated although I fear we're too late.

This
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Torquay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay   Torquay - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 10:58 am

We have a President and a Chauffeur they can have
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Torquay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay   Torquay - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 11:02 am

ejh wrote:

His mistakes which led to goals were simply glossed over because he is young, and no-one wants to put the boot into a 17; year old janner doing his best.

It took Shez a while to break Parsons in but I called for it several games before - it was always the right decision.

What players do we have with a genuinely small chance of being involved in the 14 (11 + 3 subs) that would benefit Torquay's bid to close a huge point gap?

Last time they got in Joss Labadie - he'd he good enough for us now, let alone them.
Fair point I suppose, I agree he's raw and capable of making mistakes but having that but also a considerable level of ability when at his best is better than just plain shite which is what they possibly have right now. He can show great composure and ability to play his way out of difficult situations at times. But as you rightly say, he did make mistakes that everyone didn't really want to blame him for due to his age and local status (albeit only an honorary janner, being from East Devon).

As for Harvey? 2 games in and 2 games out for Salisbury, one of the 'out' games he came off the bench and scored. General reports I saw of him were pretty positive but hardly set the world alight. I personally think he'd be more impactful as a midfielder if we were to loan him out- he's certainly looked ten times more involved in the game and less isolated when he's came on in that role for us.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Torquay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay   Torquay - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 11:05 am

Absolutely as a few loanees from us for a month would be beneficial to both clubs, although I think the main issue is that so far the team has not fully gelled since Chris Hargreaves came in. Most Gulls fans (and i know quite a few) are agreed that the Gulls currently do not have any kind of strike force - so maybe Banton or Tyler Harvey may fit the bill. But I have to concede their position looks grim, can't see them getting much reward from the next two games against Fleetwood and Rochdale.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Torquay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay   Torquay - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 2:30 pm

GreenSam wrote:

As for Harvey? 2 games in and 2 games out for Salisbury, one of the 'out' games he came off the bench and scored. General reports I saw of him were pretty positive but hardly set the world alight. I personally think he'd be more impactful as a midfielder if we were to loan him out- he's certainly looked ten times more involved in the game and less isolated when he's came on in that role for us.

What many of you don't seem to realise is that prior to your recent run of form Salisbury were just half a dozen places below you in the League structure and that the top of the Conference is generally playing at a higher level than the bottom of the 4th Div. The all pervasive Billy Big Blocks attitude so prevalent among the Garg faithful is responsible for the high expectations for your young'uns, to be fair those of us from the nicer parts of Deb'n are as bad, plenny of Red Dorks are bigging up our performance in the Prem U21 Cup, true, I did as well, but that was just for sport. Our performances were good and we took notable scalps, what is ignored is that our side was in general older than those we faced and that our boys have mostly been playing highly competitive League football while their opponents were in the hair dressers.

Some players hit the ground running, Sterling played a friendly for England and if you read the "Who should be on the plane" thread from the BBC then most posters had him in the starting 11 agin Italy, sigh, people should realise that the single most notable thing about kids is their inconsistency, they need time to develop.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Torquay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay   Torquay - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 2:39 pm

Why on earth are you flying off on one over nothing again? I'm fully aware of Salisbury's position but they are still a league below us and I'm just reporting how Harvey did. Relax.
Back to top Go down

Torquay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay   Torquay - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 2:44 pm

ejh wrote:

I seem to remember Seaman making a few mistakes in his career (just of top of my head, I'm sure there are plenty more) but I wouldn't say he had a bad career.
Back to top Go down

Torquay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay   Torquay - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 3:36 pm

mcfry wrote:
ejh wrote:

I seem to remember Seaman making a few mistakes in his career (just of top of my head, I'm sure there are plenty more) but I wouldn't say he had a bad career.

Was Seaman starting for Arsenal aged 17 when they had a better keeper on the bench? Probably not.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Torquay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay   Torquay - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 4:29 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Why on earth are you flying off on one over nothing again? I'm fully aware of Salisbury's position but they are still a league below us and I'm just reporting how Harvey did. Relax.

Just making the points you dim chaps will have missed Sammy Boy.
Back to top Go down

Torquay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay   Torquay - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 5:54 pm

mcfry wrote:
ejh wrote:

such a shame the media tried their best to ruin it after 2002 though becasue a fluke shot that won Brazil the game.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Torquay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay   Torquay - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 11:36 am

Meanwhile, Sheridan has confirmed that young professionals Jamie Richards and Isaac Vassell are available for loan.

Richards, a 19-year-old left-sided defender, has made only one appearance this term – as a substitute in the season-opening 1-0 defeat at Southend United in August.

Vassell, 20, has played twice during the current campaign, with his one start coming when the Pilgrims lost 3-2 to Port Vale in a FA Cup third round replay at Home Park in January.

Sheridan admitted the lack of first team football for Richards and Vassell was not good for their development.

A lack of reserve team matches has not helped their situation either.

Sheridan said: “We have made them (Richards and Vassell) available for loan. They need to be out playing football.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Torquay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay   Torquay - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 12:46 pm

ejh wrote:
mcfry wrote:
ejh wrote:

Probably not, but the point I was trying to make is that even the so called top players can make mistakes, so a couple when you are learning the trade is hardly the end of the world. Plus we have a habit of letting younger players go to early and then see them play for another league team.

Was Seaman starting for Arsenal aged 17 when they had a better keeper on the bench? Probably not.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

Torquay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay   Torquay - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 1:11 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Iggy ... Disagreee completely with that...fans who fought in the war are extremely important and will never be forgotten.Top of whom were Brighton fans.Salt of the earth. Did Torquay as a football club help in any shape or form,hold collections,etc etc,......NO....

I attend and put cash in the bucket but I was suspended for challenging some of the Billy Big Biscuits on the other Argyle forum for being full of pompous wind. Am I salt of the Earth?

How long ago was 'the war'. Shame the current war isn't that important. It's difficult to see it though when you've got a master pig tickler as an owner. Pretend to throw a ball at your dog and he'll fall for it ev'ery time.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

Torquay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay   Torquay - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 1:22 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Iggy ... Disagreee completely with that...fans who fought in the war are extremely important and will never be forgotten.Top of whom were Brighton fans.Salt of the earth. Did Torquay as a football club help in any shape or form,hold collections,etc etc,......NO....

Greensleeves,

I don't remember many other clubs holding collections etc. either but as I work with some Torquay fans I can assure you that quite a few Torquay fans DID go out of their way to help us. Most showed their support by turning up to matches at Home Park. Quite a few came down on the "Fans Reunited Day", I personally know some of them. Some of their fans came down at other home matches, no different to some Argyle fans occasionally going to Plainmoor. I know for a fact that some of these same Torquay fans chucked money into some of Sue Pollards buckets.

Just because these football fans from Devon who happen to support Torquay more than Plymouth didn't seek you out and come up and personally introduce themselves to you, doesn't mean to say that they weren't frequently there. I'm also pretty sure that you haven't been wandering around Home Park questioning everybody as to whether they are Argyle fans or fans from elsewhere.

So as you appear to not have a clue what you're talking about can I suggest you apologise to many Torquay fans who went out of their way to help PAFC.
Back to top Go down

Torquay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay   Torquay - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 10:33 pm

Pig 
greensleeves wrote:

.  Pig 
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Torquay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay   Torquay - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 3:54 pm

Mapperley, darling wrote:
greensleeves wrote:

did argyle fans come to the rescue of argyle? no.

what a shite argument that is, but youre alright jack(not shepps).

missed this one gs?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Sponsored content

Torquay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay   Torquay - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Torquay
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next