Elias
Hitch
Sir Francis Drake
Lord Melbury
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Where is all the money going ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is all the money going ?   Where is all the money going ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 12:34 pm

All the Presidents Men wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
All the Presidents Men wrote:
I wonder how much argyle money has been spent on the plans and associated workings that will not directly benefit argyle ultimately?

I presume this is where the money drain is SFD!?

Man wearing 2hats makes things much confuscious.

The "development costs" in the planning for the ill fated world cup bid came to about £600k which,added to the the £3m mortgage [only partially paid off] from Lombard for the purchase of the freehold,formed a not inconsiderable portion of the expenditure/liabilities that put the club in trouble in the first place.I can't imagine that planning or architects fees have gone down since that time,very difficult to know exact details though,considering the scant accounting information that is released by the club.
y

Exactly, it's probably a given that these are more advanced and detailed than Todd's back of a fag packet drawings and sums, I suspect this is where Brent's 1.6 - 2 million ( can't they count?) has gone to the club!

I suppose it is perfectly conceivable these figures could be used / massaged in the accounts as a lever to slash next seasons budget, whereas it is perfectly probable that without all these extra costs to the club we are/should be running well within actual playing budget without all HHP add ons?

Thank god we had Brent give us xthrobbers promise of transparency blah blah, where would we have been without it?

No wonder the sight of any in depth accounts are not at hand - the more I hear about this guy, we've been had!!
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: Where is all the money going ?   Where is all the money going ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 12:56 pm

I am a cynical as anyone about the Brent regime... the idea, though, that anyone could dishonestly siphon off huge amount of cash from a 4th tier football team is laughable. Football at any level in this country is a money-swallowing pit.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Where is all the money going ?   Where is all the money going ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 5:49 pm

pilgrimfather wrote:
I am a cynical as anyone about the Brent regime... the idea, though, that anyone could dishonestly siphon off huge amount of cash from a 4th tier football team is laughable. Football at any level in this country is a money-swallowing pit.

Who's to say it would be siphoned off dishonestly though PF. I would guess an owner would be within his rights to take as much money as possible, even if it meant having to loan that money back if necessary. It would stick in the craw of the fans but wouldn't think it was illegal.
The lack of detailed accounts only serve to further stoke the fires of suspicion.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Where is all the money going ?   Where is all the money going ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 6:00 pm

Brents vision of HHP has always been a retail/hotel development with a football ground tacked on, not the other way round, the cash comes from mugging the club and the city of it's land, the clever bit is getting the club to pay the extra rent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where is all the money going ?   Where is all the money going ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Where is all the money going ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2