Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League.....

Go down 
+3
GreenMill
Elias
Freathy
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League.....   Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League..... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 6:43 pm

Luton?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: would we be.....   Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League..... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 6:44 pm

No problem. No drop!! Keep the faith.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League.....   Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League..... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 6:48 pm

General_Rastus wrote:
If the unthinkable happened and we did indeed drop out, could we be considered as the biggest club ever to drop down to the Conference ??

I asked this on Pasoti recently but Newell deleted both me and the thread !!

Can't think offhand of a bigger club ??

Napoleon was right to ban you! Only a troll would talk about relegation going into the business end of the season when we've been bottom 2 all season.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League.....   Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League..... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 6:54 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League.....   Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League..... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:00 pm

General_Rastus wrote:
Freathy wrote:
General_Rastus wrote:
If the unthinkable happened and we did indeed drop out, could we be considered as the biggest club ever to drop down to the Conference ??

I asked this on Pasoti recently but Newell deleted both me and the thread !!

Can't think offhand of a bigger club ??

Napoleon was right to ban you! Only a troll would talk about relegation going into the business end of the season when we've been bottom 2 all season.

How is it a troll !!!

I asked if we could be considered the biggest club thats all !!

I consider we are bigger than Luton.

It would be a troll if we were top half of table ?? afro

Erm......Whoosh. I should have put one of these in Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Would we be....   Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League..... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:08 pm

I get fed up reading crap on this site. Like a load of kids.
Back to top Go down
GreenMill

PostSubject: Re: Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League.....   Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League..... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:12 pm

We would certainly be the biggest city to have its football team drop out of the league (unless you consider Bradford Park Avenue as that city's 'team').

Depending on where you draw the boundary, Plymouth is within the top 20 or top 12 cities in England.

But as for 'bigger club', that's harder to answer. Luton and Oxford have both won major trophies and played in the top tier (neither of which we've done), so are they 'bigger'?

Anyway, thankfully, the question will remain hypothetical because we will be staying up courtesy of the last kick of the season Wink
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League.....   Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League..... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:42 pm

Very true ,
Park Avenue were the bigger club !!!!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League.....   Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League..... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:49 pm

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:
Very true ,
Park Avenue were the bigger club !!!!

Frank Bullitt is the authority on Bradford PA.They certainly played in the first division but they were not in Argyle's class for gates and history from the beginning of the 1950's onwards,understandable in a two club city i suppose.Personally i think Argyle would be the biggest club to ever take the non league drop,notwithstanding Oxford and Luton winning a couple of league cups when they had major backing.A dark horse contender would be Grimsby who played quite a few seasons in the first division and were in the CCC not so long ago.
Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League.....   Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League..... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:16 pm

General_Rastus wrote:

From the biggest population area yes, but no bigger a club now than Oxford United ~ and to think when Argyle were drawing near thirty thousand crowds in the REAL Second Division in the early nineteen sixties, Oxford were a non league club and not even named after the city they were from ......they were called Headington United.

You HAVE to get over this "big" illusion. You used to be big, but like an old man's old man you are not as big as you were! Sad
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League.....   Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League..... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:23 pm

merse wrote:
General_Rastus wrote:

From the biggest population area yes, but no bigger a club now than Oxford United ~ and to think when Argyle were drawing near thirty thousand crowds in the REAL Second Division in the early nineteen sixties, Oxford were a non league club and not even named after the city they were from ......they were called Headington United.

You HAVE to get over this "big" illusion. You used to be big, but like an old man's old man you are not as big as you were! Sad

If your mate Mr Williams and his cohorts had invested the money from those big crowds properly,then maybe we would have become a truly big club,as you say though that would have involved spending other peoples money,very difficult task. Still nice to know you enjoyed your day out and the food provided.Did he take you to the Magnet restaurant in Plymouth? Natural choice,i'd have thought. lol!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League.....   Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League..... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:39 pm

pafcinbrussels wrote:

What was wrong with this exactly? We're still in a relegation position that would see us drop out of the League, and it looks to me that a genuine question was asked with a lot of informed answers. I didn't know all of the details of some of the old league clubs. If you really don't like the possibility of relegation being mentioned I would look for a team that aren't 91st in the Football League at present. A win today was great but the threat of relegation is still a real possibility.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League.....   Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League..... EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:36 am

pafcinbrussels wrote:

you are ijn and i claim my £1.43
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: WOULD WE BE.....   Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League..... EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:26 pm

Apologies. Replied to wrong thread. New to all this. What or who is IJN?

Merv Plummer, Brussels

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League.....   Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League..... EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:28 pm

A poster on Pasoti that runs the auction room.

Last edited by penzancepirate on Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League.....   Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League..... EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:29 pm

pafcinbrussels wrote:

Merv Plummer, Brussels

lol! Who or what is IJN and you post on Pasoti? Very strange happenings on here today. Im off to bed before the double double double double crossing starts scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League.....   Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League..... EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:30 pm

greenjock wrote:
pafcinbrussels wrote:

Merv Plummer, Brussels

lol! Who or what is IJN and you post on Pasoti? Very strange happenings on here today. Im off to bed before the double double double double crossing starts scratch

Good idea Jock. It will all come out in the wash.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League.....   Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League..... EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:31 pm

pafcinbrussels wrote:
What or who is IJN?

LOL...

Animal, vegetable or mineral?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League.....   Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League..... EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:36 pm

I really do believe we should do that leaflet drop, I'm getting bored with explaining it! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League.....   Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Would we be the Biggest Club ever to drop out of the Football League.....
Page 1 of 1