Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to buy a football club

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

How to buy a football club Empty
PostSubject: How to buy a football club   How to buy a football club EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 11:31 pm

Whilst enjoying the excellent but depressing Michael Moore documentary on capitalism, including starring roles for the likes of Citibank, I note there is the above football Channel 4 documentary expose next Monday at 8pm that should interest us in our present condition.

Perhaps the Aviva boys should be tied to a table in their newly aquired Business Lounge and forced to watch it.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: How to buy a football club   How to buy a football club EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 5:30 am

penzancepirate wrote:
Whilst enjoying the excellent but depressing Michael Moore documentary on capitalism, including starring roles for the likes of Citibank, I note there is the above football Channel 4 documentary expose next Monday at 8pm that should interest us in our present condition.

Perhaps the Aviva boys should be tied to a table in their newly aquired Business Lounge and forced to watch it.

jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to buy a football club   How to buy a football club EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 9:34 am

I think Argyle get quite a few mentions in this programme, I really can't think why!!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: How to buy a football club   How to buy a football club EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 9:34 am

I'll be watching with interest on Monday. I wonder if the Riddler will get a mention. Argyle were mentioned in another recent documentary on the state of (mainly) Prem clubs finances. And there's no point in our fans watching on Monday - they don't question, they just support jocolor
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: How to buy a football club   How to buy a football club EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 9:37 am

GOB wrote:
I think Argyle get quite a few mentions in this programme

Really? I'll look forward to this then Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to buy a football club   How to buy a football club EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 9:43 am

Freathy wrote:
GOB wrote:
I think Argyle get quite a few mentions in this programme

Really? I'll look forward to this then Twisted Evil

Yup I think so, can't remember where I read it but it's there somewhere. It'll probably be a very quick flirt so don't blink!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to buy a football club   How to buy a football club EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 4:29 pm

I asked Channel 4 if Argyle would be mentioned - they didn't know. I got this reply:

"Thank you for contacting Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries regarding DISPATCHES: How to Buy A Football Club.

Unfortunately we do not know if this club is mentioned in the programme as the only synopsis we have is below:

'With a Select Committee looking into the state of football and growing calls for reform, an undercover investigation by Dispatches finds out who wants to own the beautiful game and reveals how ex players and foreign businessmen are prepared to circumvent the rules, to cash in on a sport that's in financial freefall.'

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us here at Channel 4, we hope you continue to enjoy our programming."

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 17)
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: How to buy a football club   How to buy a football club EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 8:08 am

I suspect Notts County will be the main case study for the program. But there's also certainly plenty of material in the 'process' currently going on at Home Park they could use.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to buy a football club   How to buy a football club EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:11 am

After watching that it's just pushed me closer to the edge of washing my hands with Argyle and football. You have to be a total idiot to spend even a quid on this type of corruption.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: How to buy a football club   How to buy a football club EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:21 am

Past my bedtime, after an afternoon swim and too much Magners !

The more I look at football today the more I dislike it.

An honest Trust model in the lower leagues would suit me and IF , as a city club, we got on a roll again, some wealthy supporters just might want to buy in to enable the club to reach for the top.
Can't be arsed with what is on offer. It's rubbish and only for the self promoting types and their Aviva followers.

I know...........I'm naaat a praaaaper fan ! Can't imagine making that journey to Shrewsbury and back in a coach full of Aviva boys What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to buy a football club   How to buy a football club EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:07 pm

Here's the link to watch it for those in far off places...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to buy a football club   How to buy a football club Empty

Back to top Go down

How to buy a football club
Page 1 of 1