LondonGreen
Han Solos Other Ship
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread Empty
PostSubject: The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread   The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 9:56 am

Yes it's that time of year where we furiously check pashitty and other sources to see if we've been lucky enough to sign a league one reserve striker who hasn't scored in 6 years, only to find at at midnight again no one wants to come down to sunny ol' Dem'.

PAFC TRANSFER ACTIVITY 31 JAN 14:

10am: Nowt

11am: f**k all

12pm: Silencio

1pm: Zilch

2pm: Nada

Last edited by Han Solos Other Ship on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread   The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 10:16 am

At least we know now there will be no signings, rather tham spending all evening on tenterhooks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread   The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 10:51 am

There will be at least 1 loan signing today if all else fails.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread   The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 11:01 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread   The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 11:14 am

We've had our fun this year by signing Banton.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread   The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 12:03 pm

LondonGreen wrote:

Thanks m8 I'll update the OP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread   The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 12:04 pm

There's bound to be a job seeker thats desperate enough to join ambition less argyle, Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread   The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 12:40 pm

2300 the window shuts so plenty of time yet to find someone willing.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread   The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 1:05 pm

Shit sorry lads late with the update:

1pm: Zilch
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread   The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 1:07 pm

ATD have signed beast guy. look how far weve come !
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread   The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 1:17 pm

I think we are getting used to the modus operandi now, there must be a heightened sense of misery in the dressing room knowing that dour John has yet again managed to find no inspiration to put into this dull, insipid non-football team.

It keeps bringing me back to the age old question,

"Why did he come back here to manage when he knew the till was empty?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread   The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 1:20 pm

Speccy is making a deadline signing, " Concreto Blocko" joining from the  seria Z team, FC Ballasto.Welcome to the good ship mayflower geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread   The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 1:32 pm

Had to laugh at Sheridan's comments.
Apparently all these targets have fallen by the wayside because either they don't want to come here, or Argyle won't pay enough money to get them.  You don't say Razz 
I wonder what it is that makes Brent, or Sheridan for that matter, think there are all these players and club owners out there that can't wait to subsidise Brent's miserable attempts at football with cheap player loans while he goes about property developing. Is this the only gig Sheridan can get ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread   The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 1:34 pm

i wonder if Sheridan will now apply for the vacancies at Oxford and Shrewsbury after today. Its quite clear that his ambitions cant be matched by our board even on a shoestring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread   The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 1:38 pm

Winter Green wrote:
Apparently all these targets have fallen by the wayside because either they don't want to come here, or Argyle won't pay enough money to get them.  You don't say Razz 
I wonder what it is that makes Brent, or Sheridan for that matter, think there are all these players and club owners out there that can't wait to subsidise Brent's miserable attempts at football with cheap player loans while he goes about property developing. Is this the only gig Sheridan can get ?

Sheridan's getting paid so he will go through the motions, but he knows you can't polish a turd.If a big club like bury or mansfield offered him a job he'd be off like a shot!
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread   The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 1:44 pm

Angry wrote:
i wonder if Sheridan will now apply for the vacancies at Oxford and Shrewsbury after today. Its quite clear that his ambitions cant be matched by our board even on a shoestring.

I've been thinking this also. He obv didn't have a clue how difficult it is to get players here UNLESS YOU PAY THEM TOP $$$$$$ (eh Mr Brent). Someone offers him an open cheque book oop norf he'll be gone IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread   The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 1:51 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Winter Green wrote:

Sheridan's getting paid so he will go through the motions,
That's how I read it. He's done just about enough to give him some sort of chance to polish up his CV a bit. Shirley, he knows he'd have years of this in front of him, and matters can only get worse... let alone the thought of trying to run a football club out of a portacabin when the bulldozers move in, knowing that nothing of the redevelopment will be coming the way of the club he manages. In the end, that sort of thing gets to people.

Last edited by Winter Green on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread   The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 1:52 pm

brent reminds me off this guy i heared about called Harry Frazee who was the owner of the Boston Red Sox who after 3 World series ins sold Babe Ruth to the New York Yankees (a move that started their domination of basbeball) to fund a broadway play.

Last edited by Angry on Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread   The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 2:09 pm

some fools are linking lee hughes here lol

him and sheridan hate each other
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread   The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 2:26 pm

Argyle supporting mate winding me up saying Lavery loan deal might be on
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread   The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 2:28 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
Argyle supporting mate winding me up saying Lavery loan deal might be on

might be a smallest of chances considering Wednesday signed two strikers but i doubt he will be back here though sadly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread   The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 2:33 pm

Every time we miss this window we end up in a relegation scrap and are normally relegated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread   The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 2:35 pm

Angry it might just be me but I don't get this linking a similarity of Brent to Harry to back a Broadway Play thing. Who exactly has Brent sold to back something else? I'm sure you could find a few things Brent has actually done to complain about lack of transfer news rather than pick on something obscure that bears no resemblance to Argyle and him at all. If it was the Herald it would be branded as lazy journalism.

I hear Tommy T was seen in Plymouth getting into a taxi today......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread   The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 2:41 pm

We will loan Lavery back after we sign no one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread   The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 2:44 pm

Would the lavery deal go through today though?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread   The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The OFFICIAL Argo sign 0 players on DEADLINE day thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next