Sir Francis Drake
Jethro
GreenSam
Czarcasm
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Parsons on the way  Empty
PostSubject: Parsons on the way    Parsons on the way  EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:02 pm

Another signing?

Brent's Herald wrote:
PLYMOUTH Argyle are closing in on the signing of Crystal Palace left-back Matt Parsons, The Herald understands.

Parsons, 21, has not played any first team football for almost exactly a year and is thought to be keen on the move.

Palace’s former Argyle manager Tony Pulis is allowing some of the club’s young players to leave, either on permanent deals or loans

It is not clear which would apply to Parsons, who has made a total of 10 appearances for the Eagles.

Argyle have already signed one player from Palace this week, with attacker Jason Banton arriving on an 18-month contract.

Doesnt say if its a loan or another perm signing but never the less it woul be a goo signing to have as we are very shot at left back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parsons on the way    Parsons on the way  EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:40 pm

Yep - much needed signing, and clearly will boost Banton's morale too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parsons on the way    Parsons on the way  EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:43 pm

ejh wrote:
Yep - much needed signing, and clearly will boost Banton's morale too.

why is he unhappy already haha
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Parsons on the way    Parsons on the way  EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 3:27 pm

Has anyone seen Parsons play?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Parsons on the way    Parsons on the way  EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 3:43 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Has anyone seen Parsons play?
Lundan Cabbie on pasoti (Palace fan based in Plymouth) has seen him play a fair few times and reckons he should be easily good enough for this level.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Parsons on the way    Parsons on the way  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 12:27 am

Pulis must feel guilty for only staying here for a season and is doing us a favor
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Parsons on the way    Parsons on the way  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 12:41 am

Pulis is setting about his job the way he always does. For all of Banton's obvious quality, at this level, is he ever going to be a Pulis Premier Leaguer? No. No way. Is this Parsons chap a 6 foot plus left back? I have no idea but I suspect not. There's no place for deadwood in Pulisworld.

Pulis knows what he wants and it obviously isn't these two so the sooner they are gone the better. The fact that they fit our our requirements very nicely is coincidence. No more than that.

Pulis is not helping us out, not deliberately anyway, he's just looking after number one and I don't blame him for that one bit.

But let's not kid ourselves that there is any more to this than that.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Parsons on the way    Parsons on the way  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:16 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Pulis is setting about his job the way he always does. For all of Banton's obvious quality, at this level, is he ever going to be a Pulis Premier Leaguer? No. No way. Is this Parsons chap a 6 foot plus left back? I have no idea but I suspect not. There's no place for deadwood in Pulisworld.

Pulis knows what he wants and it obviously isn't these two so the sooner they are gone the better. The fact that they fit our our requirements very nicely is coincidence. No more than that.

Pulis is not helping us out, not deliberately anyway, he's just looking after number one and I don't blame him for that one bit.

But let's not kid ourselves that there is any more to this than that.

spot on SFD,

Banon has been passed around alot of prem clubs in his short career so sadly i think league 2 -championship is his level
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Parsons on the way    Parsons on the way  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 7:22 am

I am a bit surprised Banton hasn't gone to a higher placed club. He may not be a world beater but he's definately better than bottom half of L2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parsons on the way    Parsons on the way  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 8:13 am

Freathy wrote:
I am a bit surprised Banton hasn't gone to a higher placed club.  He may not be a world beater but he's definately better than bottom half of L2.

He wasn't good enough for league 1 MKD.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Parsons on the way    Parsons on the way  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 8:44 am

Jack Sheppard wrote:
Freathy wrote:
I am a bit surprised Banton hasn't gone to a higher placed club.  He may not be a world beater but he's definately better than bottom half of L2.

I don't think that's necessarily the case. There will probably be dozens of examples this year of players looking totally out of their depth at one club, moving to another in the same league and looking like a world beater. It just goes like that sometimes. I defy anyone who saw Banton play regularly for us to come to the conclusion that he wouldn't have been able to cut it in league 1. Maybe the system and instructions he got at MK didn't really suit getting the very best out of him, who knows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parsons on the way    Parsons on the way  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 9:15 am

Parson's Green.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Parsons on the way    Parsons on the way  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 9:18 am

I always find it amusing when fans debate the merits of players based on totally subjective perceptions based on watching a couple of games or drawing conclusions from a player succeeding or failing at a previous club It looks like a good signing so lets all just keep an open mind.
WATCH FOOTBALL, LIVE FOOTBALL - TALK SHITE.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Parsons on the way    Parsons on the way  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 11:14 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:
Freathy wrote:

I don't think that's necessarily the case. There will probably be dozens of examples this year of players looking totally out of their depth at one club, moving to another in the same league and looking like a world beater. It just goes like that sometimes. I defy anyone who saw Banton play regularly for us to come to the conclusion that he wouldn't have been able to cut it in league 1. Maybe the system and instructions he got at MK didn't really suit getting the very best out of him, who knows.

Seems to me that Banton is our equivalent of Kevin Pietersen. He has talent and ability that his team mates can only dream of and will win plenty of games for his team pretty much on his own but he'll go about it in a way that will at times frustrate and infuriate.

To get the best out of a player like that he has to feel that he's loved and his weaknesses have to be indulged. Banton quite clearly did not get that at MK and, equally as clearly, he did get that here and will be expecting to get it again. Banton's future success, or failure, will probably be as much down to the man management skills of his manager as to himself; Banton obviously feels appreciated by Sheridan and that is why he has chosen Argyle above other teams and that is why he has returned.

Or he might just like pasties.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Parsons on the way    Parsons on the way  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 11:28 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:
Freathy wrote:

OK, maybe i should've said, "He wasn't good enough for league 1 MKD" to want to keep him..........or even play him regularly.

Hopefully he'll do well here, time will tell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parsons on the way    Parsons on the way  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 11:35 am

I just hope that Purrington is not continually overlooked now there is a loanee on board.
I assume part of the agreement will be Parsons playing on a regular occurrence which could go either way seeing as tho he hasn't played for a year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parsons on the way    Parsons on the way  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:51 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Seems to me that Banton is our equivalent of Kevin Pietersen. He has talent and ability that his team mates can only dream of and will win plenty of games for his team pretty much on his own but he'll go about it in a way that will at times frustrate and infuriate.

To get the best out of a player like that he has to feel that he's loved and his weaknesses have to be indulged. Banton quite clearly did not get that at MK and, equally as clearly, he did get that here and will be expecting to get it again. Banton's future success, or failure, will probably be as much down to the man management skills of his manager as to himself; Banton obviously feels appreciated by Sheridan and that is why he has chosen Argyle above other teams and that is why he has returned.

Or he might just like pasties.

Or he is using Argyle as a stepping stone to attract interest from bigger clubs. Thats how it looks to me one step backwards to take two forward.

Not that i have a issue with him doing this he isn't the first nor will be the last to use Argyle as a stopgap but as long as he plays well and we get as good a price as we will get knowing 30% (reported) goes to palace than everybody's happy.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Parsons on the way    Parsons on the way  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 2:28 pm

its good that we have slight more experienced cover at left back if parsons has signed,
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Parsons on the way    Parsons on the way  EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 5:35 pm

A sky reporter (Pete o'rourke) has tweeted that we're closing in on a deal for Parsons.

Parsons'brother has tweeted him and wished him luck on his "new journey" so could be a permanent transfer?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Parsons on the way    Parsons on the way  EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 6:00 pm

From the Vale thread

I heard at last night match from a reliable source who had the information passed to him from the Market shoe slipper man that Argyle will signing the Crystal Palace Left Back and a non league striker (15 goals) this week.

Quote from Brent's Herald

After completing the capture of Banton, Sheridan hopes to make two more additions to his squad.

He wants to sign a left-back and a striker, and admitted at least one deal was close to being concluded.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Parsons on the way    Parsons on the way  EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 7:03 pm

Hope he steps straight in the team on Saturday if he does sign.Purrington looks a very good prospect but was outmuscled for the Southend goal last Saturday [although he played very well otherwise],and was caught on the wrong side of the man he was marking for the winner on Tuesday.Argyle can't afford to hang around waiting for him to learn his trade,so this would be a very welcome signing IMHO.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Parsons on the way    Parsons on the way  EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 7:11 pm

exactly...when you're looking for a play off spot,and that must be the aim, a seasoned left back and a decent striker are an absolute must.the fans are realizing this as well and numbers are starting to increase..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parsons on the way    Parsons on the way  EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 11:48 pm

greensleeves wrote:
exactly...when you're looking for a play off spot,and that must be the aim, a seasoned left back and a decent striker are an absolute must.the fans are realizing this as well and numbers are starting to increase..

seasoned left back??? know you of such a gem? as if your referring to Parsons you would be mistaken as he is 21 and hardly played first team football. Also remember the last non league striker who scored for fun who came here?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Parsons on the way    Parsons on the way  EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 11:24 am

PLYMOUTH Argyle have completed the signing of Crystal Palace left-back Matt Parsons for an undisclosed fee on a permanent contract until the end of the season.

Parsons, 22, will compete for the left-back position at Argyle with 17-year-old Ben Purrington.

His signing comes after the recent departure of on-loan Wolves left-back Jamie Reckord, while the out-of-favour Andre Blackman is expected to leave the club shortly.

Parsons attended Argyle’s 1-1 draw with Southend United at Home Park last Saturday.

He is a graduate of Crystal Palace’s youth academy set-up and has played 10 times for them at first team level.

However, it is 12 months since he last appeared for them , in a FA Cup third round replay at Stoke City.

Parsons willw ear the number 26 shirt at Argyle and goes straight into the squad for the away game against Rochdale in League Two tomorrow.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Parsons on the way    Parsons on the way  EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 11:28 am

Tgwu wrote:
ARGYLE have signed defender Matt Parsons from Crystal Palace.
The long-time target of manager John Sheridan has joined on a permanent deal from the Eagles until the end of the current campaign.

He will wear the number 26 shirt - the same number that he had at Selhurst Park - and goes straight into the squad for Saturday's Sky Bet League 2 match at Spotland.

Jimmy putting his hand in his pockets... lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parsons on the way    Parsons on the way  Empty

Back to top Go down

Parsons on the way
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next