Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scottish clubs not observing a minutes silence

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Scottish clubs not observing a minutes silence Empty
PostSubject: Scottish clubs not observing a minutes silence   Scottish clubs not observing a minutes silence EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 10:52 pm

Infuriated me today hearing about this. Not just one club either, there were only 2 games in the SPL which had them.

I just don't understand why they would fail to honour the dead along with everyone else. Scotland has a long tradition of Army regiments as well so it must be something that the fans expect?

Ross County have issued an apology for not observing one against Celtic, which would probably have been ruined by a few dickheads in the Celtic end but that would've just made them look like cnuts. I'm neither Catholic or Protestant but the Celtic fans with their Tricolours does my head in a bit. You're either Scottish or Irish if you ask me.

I get the fact that there are some clubs with an Irish link and all that shit but no minutes silence on Remembrance Sunday? There must be thousands of Scottish servicemen who were killed in the wars and even the recent conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan and this is a big kick in the teeth for their memory. My grandfather died in Sicily during the 2nd World War and not honouring them along with the English clubs is disgraceful. I hope those responsible lose their jobs for this.

The apology from Ross County would win an award for the biggest pile of gobbledigook ever spouted, "An error of omission arising from a failure to address changes in staff responsibilities" scratch  I reckon it must've been Peter Jones who thought that one up!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24893073
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scottish clubs not observing a minutes silence   Scottish clubs not observing a minutes silence EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 11:12 pm

Totally agree Jock, treasonous scum.  Mad

Scottish clubs not observing a minutes silence Inscription
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scottish clubs not observing a minutes silence   Scottish clubs not observing a minutes silence EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 2:32 am

Our club did this a few years ago too if i recall.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Scottish clubs not observing a minutes silence   Scottish clubs not observing a minutes silence EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 9:15 am

wasnt it considered rascist a while back? how bizzzaare
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scottish clubs not observing a minutes silence   Scottish clubs not observing a minutes silence Empty

Back to top Go down

Scottish clubs not observing a minutes silence
Page 1 of 1