Jon L
Han Solos Other Ship
lawnmowerman
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Jon L

Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 4:53 pm

Trees stopping noise? really?
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 4:54 pm

Christ Nool is gonna be busy having to go round and threaten all these councilors......
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 4:58 pm

Jon L wrote:
oh yes they do
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 4:59 pm

Someone piped up there from the public then was shot down.....
Back to top Go down
Jon L

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:01 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
Jon L wrote:
oh yes they do
In a small case agreed, but 6000 fans or a construction site being lessened by 18 trees along the road side? The noise impact will be minimal. Better to have argued on their age and how long it would take to replace like for like surely.

On another note, I wonder which member of the public just got a telling off from the Chair
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:03 pm

Jesus

"uh erm uh, details of um, er ,uh...."
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:03 pm

Han Solos Other Ship wrote:
Jesus

"uh erm uh, details of um, er ,uh...."
Quite so. Makes me want to bash my head against a well.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:07 pm

It had to be 'him' shouting out didn't it? Laughing
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:10 pm

Jon L wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:
Jon L wrote:
oh yes they do
In a small case agreed, but 6000 fans or a construction site being lessened by 18 trees along the road side?  The noise impact will be minimal.  Better to have argued on their age and how long it would take to replace like for like surely.

On another note, I wonder which member of the public just got a telling off from the Chair
Jon you have a point but I have a customer who lives next to the a38 since the trees have been reduced in density the road noise has increased so much you can't sit in the garden anymore.
Back to top Go down
Jon L

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:15 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
Jon L wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:
Jon L wrote:
oh yes they do
In a small case agreed, but 6000 fans or a construction site being lessened by 18 trees along the road side?  The noise impact will be minimal.  Better to have argued on their age and how long it would take to replace like for like surely.

Jon you have a point but I have a customer who lives next to the a38 since the trees have been reduced in density the road noise has increased so much you can't sit in the garden anymore.
Fair enough, I'm no expert! I would have chosen a different point personally. I liked the idea of them blocking the view of the stadium better.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:23 pm

The cinema seems to be a problem for councilor foster
Back to top Go down
Jon L

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:25 pm

This isn't plain sailing like we thought. Lots against in its current form
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:35 pm

Councillor Stevens in the Chair is a tough cookie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:36 pm

On the other hand that Paul Barnard (Ass Dir. Planning Services) is a smarmy git.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:39 pm

patrick seems able to fight his corner. don't take no crap from the chair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:45 pm

Richard Grant (Local & Planning Team Leader) states categorically that there IS a need for another large cinema in Plymouth
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:49 pm

Good point from Cllr Taylor about parking, if parking spaces are at a premium will somebody wanting to go swimming not be able to because the Life-Centre parking might be all full with people sat in the cinema eating sweets and popcorn? Hardly in keeping with the point of a park and health issues.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:50 pm

What's the score so far (just got in)?
Back to top Go down
Jon L

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:51 pm

Also, if the Life Centre parking is free (I think someone said earlier) and the HHP parking is not, every one will head to the LC first
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:53 pm

It's hard to call. My guess is still that it will be passed. Whilst there have been a few objections - particularly Cllr Nicholson - there has also been support. My guess will also be that there will be further requirements upon the developers.

I'm intrigued that there has been little focus upon the AAP - some admittedly but not a lot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:54 pm

Nicholson is having another go - saying there should be more elected officer involvement & some decisions been held over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:56 pm

More focus on trees from Cllr Jarvis (who is clearly foreign and has an ear-ring - he gets my vote).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:58 pm

Cllr Wheeler doesn't like the cinema or the size of the hotel but he will vote in favour ...... scratch scratch

But he's also saying there isn't enough detail. Questioning the parking arrangements. My first response to him was he didn't come across well but his questioning re car-parking is very pertinent & detailed. The officer is not answering well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 6:06 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
What's the score so far (just got in)?
I would say that it is going to be approved albeit with some amendments.

There are more objections than I thought there would be. The cinema seems to be the main focus of objections from the cllrs. along with the removal of trees valued at £250,000 and which are useful to cut out the view of Home Park from local residents and also they apparently help drown out some of the noise.

There is currently a debate about parking which is being carried out between cllr Wheeler and a planning officer. Cllr Wheeler is constantly asking questions about the parking which the planning officer can't really answer. Until he gets assurances I think Cllr Wheeler won't be voting for the plans, along with Cllr Nicholson.

The access road has also been mentioned by several parties but it doesn't seem to have the level of concern that I thought it would get.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 6:12 pm

An on the hoof amendment to the document regarding a financial contribution of £25,000 by the developers to the parking. Important nit-picking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth city council live webcast
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next