Jon L
Han Solos Other Ship
lawnmowerman
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
jabba the gut ecfc

Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 7 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013, 15:40

[quote="Sir Francis Drake"]
Han Solos Other Ship wrote:
From Posty on there:

Postcode wrote:
...All clubs in our league have to abide by the Salary Cost Management Protocol which limits clubs to spending 55% of their turnover on player wages...

Clubs have to regularly send their budget and spending costs to the Football League at set periods throughout a season, the FL are also watching us very closely following our spell in admin.

The answer is to generate our own funds from facilities associated within the new grandstand and to increase attendances at Home Park...quote]
He doesn't get it does he?
There is much in what Posty says but what is there to stop Brent paying off the admin debts in full thereby releasing the money that currently pays the historic debt, and which could be used for squad strengthening, meaning that all of the 55% goes where it really should?

Is there? Citing SCMP in this context seems to be a smokescreen from where I'm standing. As someone a gadzillion per cent committed to fan ownership, regardless of it's problems and financial restrictions, I'm not going to argue for sugar-daddy spending over revenue generation. However it seems on the face of it that unless the grandstand/HHP has fans flocking to the Theatre of Screams long after the novelty wears off, the extra revenue generating opportunities from the new Grandstand are somewhat feeble to say the least. They certainly don't seem to be of anything like the magnitude I seem to recall the Reluctant Bidder implying they would be. (Didn't he more or less claim that HHP was simply an enabling development that would allow him to "save" you and build your grandstand and that he wasn't going to be making big money from the deal? Hilarious).

IMO this is going to be the salient issue as time goes by, not the distraction of your at least partly emotional attachment to a greater capacity. Prioritising the football side immediately is what you should be worried about and you need to maximise revenue for the quick fixes necessary to do that. From a distance I don't see any real evidence that the Reluctant Bidder is especially bothered about the football side in any whatsoever - witness the way in which you're getting excited about Marvin Morgan FFS. Of course he may turn out to be a great signing, but on the face of it we're talking about a striker who has a goal ratio of about 1-in-5 or something in the Football League, who spent a significant part of his brief stint at the much vaunted "higher level" at the mighty Dagenham & Redbridge and who was famously booed off the pitch by fans of the even mightier Aldershot. Why wasn't Cureton an option for example? He clearly and understandably is only in it for the money at his age, reportedly didn't want that much money (he wasn't our highest earner) and will almost certainly score far more goals than Morgan will. (And before anyone fires back, I'm sanguine about the fact we couldn't afford to keep him and others. While there are a number of things that we need to address regarding the performance of the Trust and Club, in the long-term I'm far happier than I would be under a Brent, or even a less rapacious rich owner).

And finally, you will be pleased to learn that I've just had a flash of inspration which may give you some cause for optimism at the Theatre Of Screams.

It's becoming clear that Brent can move goalposts at will without anyone noticing. Therefore if you can convince him to pass on this skill to Sheridan and the players (for a suitable fee no doubt) you'll be able to storm to promotion with the aid of the Reluctant Bidder's trademark legerdemain.

I still take cheques boys.

Last edited by jabba the gut ecfc on Fri 16 Aug 2013, 15:43; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 7 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013, 15:42

Still can't get over Posteys comment or Councillor Tudor Evans "chimp" tweet.  And not forgetting the rubbishing and attacks on Amanda Sutherland - a "cow" no less from a very welcome guest in the Directors box.

In other parts of the world the chimp comment would have made the local press.  Right up there with the "retard" retweet from another Argyle politico.

Last edited by Dougie on Fri 16 Aug 2013, 15:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 7 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013, 15:46

punchdrunk wrote:
I see that on Pasoti they are putting the boot into that Amanda Sutherland the councillor who was arguing against the development "she aint purty" "she had dandruff" "strange woman" (that was from Sue the bucket rattler btw) just some of their nonsense.
If they want to go down that route look at their "photo shoot" outside the civic house
Tossers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=78296&start=510

Talking of sue this comment is interesting its something I would not expect from her but it is what most of us have been thinking for a while.

just incase she deletes it i have it saved.lol! 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 7 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013, 15:59

Brent simply does not care what happens to Argyle/the stadium once he's made his fortune and moved on. The new owner/chairman will come in to be told the stadium cannot be extended for reasons x,y an z and the silly hat brigade will finally stop singing and bleating about whaddaguy JB is.

We all know our club will be dead then and it will be far too late to do anything about it
Indeed. If he did gave a damn,then he would have given the fans a better Grandstand and also given Sheridan a bigger budget in order to get out of the crap division.

Argyle do need a new Grandstand,i think everyone can agree on that,but not at the expense of the club and its (real) loyal fans..

On the other developments planned,just how much monies in % form will go back in to Argyle,as Spotlight were saying last night that the monies will be a much needed income.

Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 7 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013, 16:13

VillageGreen wrote:
[

Argyle do need a new Grandstand,i think everyone can agree on that,but not at the expense of the club and its (real) loyal fans..

On the other developments planned,just how much monies in % form will go back in to Argyle,as Spotlight were saying last night that the monies will be a much needed income.

Absolutely, they are all acting as if anyone opposing the development is intent on keeping the Mayflower as it is. All we are saying is if you're going to improve it then do it right.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 7 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013, 16:38

a comment of much interest.

hhhhhhhmmmmmmm 'they' do say many true statements are hidden in humour ! (sarcasm being the lowest form supposedly)
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 7 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013, 16:43

Freathy wrote:
Don't know why that young lad on the end is celebrating, he's got to live with the consequences of all this.  Unlike those all those f***ing baby boom generation around him!  They'll all piss off on a saga cruise to celebrate getting their ministand and f***ing eveything up for his generation and the one after that....and the one after that.....and the one after etc etc
they aint waving season tickets though are they lol!

whats with the supposed bag of money Brent?

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 7 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013, 17:15

VillageGreen wrote:
[

Absolutely, they are all acting as if anyone opposing the development is intent on keeping the Mayflower as it is. All we are saying is if you're going to improve it then do it right.

I came across this comment from argobenz on pasoti :-

''I know, seriously the "It's too small" brigade have no grasp on this, only a short while ago I was up to my elbows expecting to hear the terrifying "Liquidation" word''.

And by this comment from paulysalz :-

''I see this as good news for both the city of Plymouth and for James Brent/Akkeron''.

''I'll reserve my judgement on whether it's good news for Argyle until the spin-off investment arrives in around 2015/16. I'm not convinced by the 'new grandstand will attract better players' argument though (didn't help Darlington), but will happily be corrected in a few years''.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 7 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013, 19:51

Peggy * wrote:
Yesterday I thought I was going to be quite calm about this - after all, we knew it was going to go through on the nod. Today, though, I'm angrier than I thought.

Wealthy ex-public schoolboys who have NO IDEA what it's like to bring kids up in a home with no garden and NO IDEA of the value of public parks. Ignorant morons who take pride in being thick and tug their forelocks before said wealthy ex-public schoolboys, saying whatever they're told to say without question. The selling of a project which will make a fortune for two people on the basis of 400 (yeah, right) crappy, insecure, minimum wage jobs for the great unwashed (oh but we must be grateful, eh?). The leader of a so-called Labour council calling somebody a 'chimp' because he dared to disagree with him - and indeed so-called Labour councillors (with one notable exception, Mark Coker) who can't even be bothered to acknowledge the views of their constituents (elections next year - you won't be getting anything from me, Bill). Non-existent debates in which anybody who ventures a slightly different opinion is called names, lied about and generally presented as being the Antichrist (and naturally, if that person happens to be female, criticised for not, according to said ignorant morons who are of course God's gift to all women, being shaggable). Ignorant morons disrupting a peaceful meeting - and then criticising somebody for daring to speak out of turn at another. People feeling too threatened to give their address when commenting on the plans - and probably more people feeling too threatened to even comment. Bullying, threats and slurs to ensure support for something that had already been stitched up anyway.

See? It's all so shit I've probably written the most incoherent post ever to appear on this forum.
I agree with you 100%

When Brent took over we were told that he was an "ethical" businessman. We are told endlessly what a "gentleman" he is. He has promised "openness" and "transparency". What have we got? "Run by thugs, for thugs"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 7 EmptySat 17 Aug 2013, 10:02

Peggy * wrote:
Postey wrote:

FoCP, EJH, Esmer, AFT, Stuart C your boys took one hell of a beating!

Fantastic news!

That post, along with the tweet from the porcine one, sums up everything that's wrong with the club I don't support any more

#stupidshortsightedwankers
A lesson for all parents and the result of an unusual upbringing, bullying at school and the inability to become aroused sexually unless it's in a flight simulator.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 7 EmptySat 17 Aug 2013, 10:06

GOB wrote:
Peggy * wrote:
Postey wrote:

Fantastic news!

That post, along with the tweet from the porcine one, sums up everything that's wrong with the club I don't support any more

A lesson for all parents and the result of an unusual upbringing, bullying at school and the inability to become aroused sexually unless it's in a flight simulator.
That is a Robbie Fowler....."Line of the Week"

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 7 EmptySat 17 Aug 2013, 12:10

The Red Star wrote:
GOB wrote:
Peggy * wrote:
Postey wrote:

Fantastic news!

That is a Robbie Fowler....."Line of the Week"

Very Happy 
Yeh............... welcome back GOB. I've missed you. Wink 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth city council live webcast    Plymouth city council live webcast  - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth city council live webcast
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7