Czarcasm
Han Solos Other Ship
cornysteve
seadog
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Anti Everything Argyle ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti Everything Argyle ?   Anti Everything Argyle ? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:01 am

hairy j wrote:
I always want us to win. It feels like an us during matchdays.

Personally speaking, the 'fans' have been given too much of a voice - whether that voice is a valid voice is another matter. I genuinely don't think the emerging 'superfans' are held in the esteem that they or their critics believe. Only James Brent can answer that and I'd be astounded if he'd prefer to listen to Ian Newell over his bank manager. Ian Newell, Chris Webb et al are all deluded but so are their critics. While the influential fans fight and scrap, the owners can go about their business burying bad news.

I would agree about the lack of power over Brent that the superfans hold but at the end of the day they are being used by Brent as his mouthpiece to spin out the lines that he wants us fed. The plans were a great example of this, we had Newell and Webb telling us all that they had seen the plans and we were going to be really excited with the development when we ordinary mortals got to see the plans. When we did the outrage followed but the spin machine was put into top gear to try and make it all seem ok, hence the silent majority being wheeled out. If we the moaners, complainers, freaks and weirdos did shut tfu it would make Brent's day. He is not going to be given an easy ride by me, I have been deeply suspiscious of his motives since day one, I feel vindicated for having taken that stance now. It is because I love Argyle that I am prepared to fight, question and answer those that purport to speak for the club or the actual owner at any given time, the last owners were given too much grace and favour whilst they nearly put the club out of existence via I'll thought out property ventures and bad management. I personally think that Brent will do the same, he is doing the same, I owe it to the club that I love to make sure that the current property developer doesn't finish off what the M7 started.
As for being positive, if the team manage to finish out of the danger area of the league then that would be a start I mean what have we had to be positive about in the last five years FFS?
Back to top Go down

Anti Everything Argyle ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2