Czarcasm
Han Solos Other Ship
cornysteve
seadog
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Anti Everything Argyle ? Empty
PostSubject: Anti Everything Argyle ?   Anti Everything Argyle ? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 11:11 am

We all know how ATD is perceived by the majority on PASOTI and in the wider world but lately certain users of this place have been grumbling about how negative everything/one is on here. I believe 95% of posters want Argyle to succeed ( apart from a few trolls and a couple of our "friends" from up the road ) Most of the negativity on this site seems to me to be aimed either at the HHP fiasco or certain individuals "Involved" with OUR club. As i've said before, voicing concerns about what you don't believe to be in the best interests of PAFC makes you more of a genuine fan than those who just nod their heads and toe the party line, i certainly don't think ATD is anti Argyle but the last 4/5 awful years have probably been the worst in our history and that has made some of us a little cautious and maybe a touch sceptical. What say you ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anti Everything Argyle ?   Anti Everything Argyle ? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 am

Newell out, Webb Out, Brent out, Jones out. And take your shitty plans with you. Then I'll be much more positive.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anti Everything Argyle ?   Anti Everything Argyle ? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 11:21 am

There has not a great deal to be cheerful about of late but I believe that all posters here want a healthy club with a decent playing side.
as you say certain elements do seem to rise close to the surface on many different threads but that is how the site has evolved.
I think sweeping statements about the majority on pazzoti is disingenuous as so many are patently multis and so many posters have left or stopped posting.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anti Everything Argyle ?   Anti Everything Argyle ? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 11:22 am

and if you don't like it buy a MUFC kit and fook off.
Back to top Go down
cornysteve

PostSubject: Re: Anti Everything Argyle ?   Anti Everything Argyle ? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 11:28 am

I am totally pro Argyle. That I dont like the direction that the club is going in is my only issue. Regardless of agendas, owners, developments, superfans and the like, that is my only issue. I am positive about the team, but not the club, when really the two should be the same.

Steve

Okay, its a big bloody issue. What I mean is for all the arguments against the issues I mentioned, in my opinion they are all just subsidiary fluff compared to what I see a a schism between the football business and the football team, which really should be hand in hand.

Last edited by cornysteve on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Anti Everything Argyle ?   Anti Everything Argyle ? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 11:29 am

I'm still a noob on here and it's great to see other fans feel the same way I do. Any Argyle fan should be concerned with what's going on at the moment especially the new stand. Anyone with half a brain can see things just don't add up.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anti Everything Argyle ?   Anti Everything Argyle ? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 12:21 pm

Han Solos Other Ship wrote:
I'm still a noob on here and it's great to see other fans feel the same way I do. Any Argyle fan should be concerned with what's going on at the moment especially the new stand. Anyone with half a brain can see things just don't add up.

Agreed, maybe it's got something to do with closed season blues ? no real football except garbage like Confederations/CONCACAF cup, womens football and pre-season friendlies. Roll on the new season, hopefully the team can give us something to smile about to counter the doom of the ministand and the mounting debt.

Last edited by IsThatHHP? on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Anti Everything Argyle ?   Anti Everything Argyle ? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 12:59 pm

seadog wrote:
There has not a great deal to be cheerful about of late but I believe that all posters here want a healthy club with a decent playing side.
as you say certain elements do seem to rise close to the surface on many different threads but that is how the site has evolved.
I think sweeping statements about the majority on pazzoti is disingenuous as so many are patently multis and so many posters have left or stopped posting.

3 paragraphs Seadog? Wtf's goin on!!??
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Anti Everything Argyle ?   Anti Everything Argyle ? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 1:00 pm

seadog wrote:

That's more like it. Phew...Laughing 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anti Everything Argyle ?   Anti Everything Argyle ? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 1:17 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
seadog wrote:

That's more like it. Phew...Laughing 

That seems to be the jist of it as far as the Brent supporters go, there are Dozens of perfectly legitimate reasons for one to argue against JB, his  his long term intent and HHP in general and yet when the arguemental glove is on the other hand all we ever seem to hear is something along the  lines of "shut  up and be grateful" or "just bleddy get it built" ....Quality cyclops
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anti Everything Argyle ?   Anti Everything Argyle ? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 2:10 pm

I'm pro Argyle anti anyone using the club to enhance their status
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anti Everything Argyle ?   Anti Everything Argyle ? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 2:11 pm

I used to be a true believer bought a season ticket for years, used to feel guilty if i missed a match, anybody slagging argyle off used to get it with both barrels from me, now i dont really care, the last six years have taken its toll on my love for the club, also the tw@t factor with knobber nool and his sad little gang of superfan turds,i have no faith in brent to help the club he will just help himself get richer so does this make me anti argyle? no not at all, it makes me anti the rubbish running it now the no marks boasting about how many fans we will take to newport southend and so on, plus the handing out of presents by the rich blokes jester to the inner circle this is supposed to be a professinal club not a chariteeeee basket case!
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Anti Everything Argyle ?   Anti Everything Argyle ? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 5:38 pm

Very Happy feck off argyle
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Anti Everything Argyle ?   Anti Everything Argyle ? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 5:54 pm

I would say that the majority of posters are pro Argyle rather than anti. They are not blinded by false promises and are not fools. They want what's best for their club and won't take bullshit, bullying or corruption. They love their club but hate those who seek personal benefit at the cost of their club.

I am anti Argyle, through birth and since being on here even I am not as anti as I used to be...well until the season starts anyway
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Anti Everything Argyle ?   Anti Everything Argyle ? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 7:12 pm

"I would say that the majority of posters are pro Argyle rather than anti. They are not blinded by false promises and are not fools. They want what's best for their club and won't take bullshit, bullying or corruption. They love their club but hate those who seek personal benefit at the cost of their club."

Well put Red, sums the majority of posters on this site up nicely.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Anti Everything Argyle ?   Anti Everything Argyle ? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 7:44 pm

As you know I don't get it, well yeah I do get it but being of a far more pragmatic nature than apparently most of you guys I have a different viewpoint, of course Newell, Webb, Nikk and the rest of their little gang are the spawn of Satan, but that doesn't make you anti Argyle just as my ire at the way my own club is run for the benefit of a little clique of suited and track suited half wits who have no clue but are scooping up most of the money goesn't make me anti City, I still live and die with the results on a Sat as most probably do you, well I get a bit miffed when we lose anyway, a tad more miffed when we belly up up the Turks, and of course twice a year it really matters.

Some of you need to kick back a little and go with it, it may seem shiite but in a year or so you will have a fit 'little'(phnarr) ground which will most probably sell out once a year if you are lucky with a cup draw, while you have Brenty, a minted low life it is true but the emphasis has to be on the minted, with a vested interest in keeping things ticking along, the rest of it is just short term frou frou in the great scheme of things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anti Everything Argyle ?   Anti Everything Argyle ? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 8:03 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
As you know I don't get it, well yeah I do get it but being of a far more pragmatic nature than apparently most of you guys I have a different viewpoint, of course Newell, Webb, Nikk and the rest of their little gang are the spawn of Satan, but that doesn't make you anti Argyle just as my ire at the way my own club is run for the benefit of a little clique of suited and track suited half wits who have no clue but are scooping up most of the money goesn't make me anti City, I still live and die with the results on a Sat as most probably do you, well I get a bit miffed when we lose anyway, a tad more miffed when we belly up up the Turks, and of course twice a year it really matters.

Some of you need to kick back a little and go with it, it may seem shiite but in a year or so you will have a fit 'little'(phnarr) ground which will most probably sell out once a year if you are lucky with a cup draw, while you have Brenty, a minted low life it is true but the emphasis has to be on the minted, with a vested interest in keeping things ticking along, the rest of it is just short term frou frou in the great scheme of things.

That vested interest in keeping things ticking along will end the day the HHP shantytown is completed, then what ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anti Everything Argyle ?   Anti Everything Argyle ? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 8:12 pm

IsThatHHP? wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

That vested interest in keeping things ticking along will end the day the HHP shantytown is completed, then what ?

As Tringy says the keys to the sweety shop will be handed over to the Lunatics and creeps, meanwhile for any sane-minded Puporter it will be Adios Argyle and i will dis-own the club and find something else to do with my spare time and cash.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Anti Everything Argyle ?   Anti Everything Argyle ? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 8:39 pm

I really, desperately want Argyle to succeed.

But I'm not blind to the issues and people that are in place to hinder the club's chances of doing so.

If you want blind faith, go to Church, or Pasoti.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Anti Everything Argyle ?   Anti Everything Argyle ? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 8:44 pm

Love Argyle
Hate brent
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Anti Everything Argyle ?   Anti Everything Argyle ? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 9:14 pm

just return the club to professional status and i'll be happy.

amateurs everywhere EXCEPT sheridan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anti Everything Argyle ?   Anti Everything Argyle ? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 9:19 pm

An Argyle without the Tapeworm,and his hangers on could potentially be a club to be proud of, unfortunately if the micro-stand goes ahead the lunatics will be given the keys to the sweety shop and argyle will be a lower league club forever more.
Let the Dickheads have the club they deserve.Wankers.
Unfortunately this is looking like a nightmare i can never awake from
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Anti Everything Argyle ?   Anti Everything Argyle ? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 9:41 pm

For what it's worth, sometimes we can be the most destructive and desruptive to those which we feel the closest to, and sometimes that doesn't go down well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anti Everything Argyle ?   Anti Everything Argyle ? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 9:45 pm

I always want us to win. It feels like an us during matchdays.

Personally speaking, the 'fans' have been given too much of a voice - whether that voice is a valid voice is another matter. I genuinely don't think the emerging 'superfans' are held in the esteem that they or their critics believe. Only James Brent can answer that and I'd be astounded if he'd prefer to listen to Ian Newell over his bank manager. Ian Newell, Chris Webb et al are all deluded but so are their critics. While the influential fans fight and scrap, the owners can go about their business burying bad news.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Anti Everything Argyle ?   Anti Everything Argyle ? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 10:00 pm

hippo wrote:
For what it's worth, sometimes we can be the most destructive and desruptive to those which we feel the closest to, and sometimes that doesn't go down well.

Wise words.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anti Everything Argyle ?   Anti Everything Argyle ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anti Everything Argyle ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next