Tgwu
Czarcasm
GreenSam
Chemical Ali
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Martyn Starnes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes   Martyn Starnes - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 8:45 pm

I hope he gets rid of 'fan engagement' as it's been a disaster from start to finish. Run the club professionally, fans watch and support, the club runs the club. I notice on pasoti, the PASB PI has welcomed him, PL2 has, Newell, who has no knowledge of him realises he's a jolly good fellow. It'll be interesting to see how that unfolds as surely, 110%, this chap won't allow fans to be sniffing around the boardroom.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes   Martyn Starnes - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 8:58 pm

Well, give the guy a chance. He's an experienced footballing CEO, at a club that has punched above its weight. Let's see how it goes.

Would be interested to hear how he raised £850,000. That's a pretty decent sum.

I've assumed the GTs will continue to run FanFests this season, just not clear where. Does anyone know different?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes   Martyn Starnes - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 10:19 pm

I don't see the big deal behind any reason for his leaving Yeovil irrespective of their league status as on paper he left a bigger club in Swindon to join them in the first place. Was this position advertised or was our new man head hunted ? I think Brent along with the Sheridan appointment deserves a wee bit of praise for this one. I just pray that the Brent hanger's on now get short shrift from Mr Starnes and are put back in the toy box. I am beginning to feel part of a proper football club again.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes   Martyn Starnes - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 10:26 pm

hairy j wrote:
I hope he gets rid of 'fan engagement' as it's been a disaster from start to finish. Run the club professionally, fans watch and support, the club runs the club. I notice on pasoti, the PASB PI has welcomed him, PL2 has, Newell, who has no knowledge of him realises he's a jolly good fellow. It'll be interesting to see how that unfolds as surely, 110%, this chap won't allow fans to be sniffing around the boardroom.
Director's Box on the first day of the season should be interesting...

"Hi Martin, I'm Ian. You might have seen me in that picture with the Chuckle Brothers last season if you've been perusing my internet forum. Now, let me show you raind. This is Tony, if you're ever in need of someone to tell you how good a job you're doing, just ask Tone. This is my big feck off mean mate Pete, he's consistently dim and livid. This is my son Mike, watch yourself fore shore when he's got a beer in hand, he's quite the jolly rascal! This is my minion Ian, yes we have the same name! If you need some dirt dug up or a fantasy plane flown or an internet forum managed, Ian be your pilot! This is Peter, together we'm living proof that some fans will do or say anything for a car-parking space. We used to proper hate each other, but now we purport to support the club as the most supa fans ever! Ah, finally, we've reached the big hitters. That there be Webby. Webby the Pressy. Together, no joke, we made friends with Darren Purse. 'e used to play for Birmgum Cidee yer know! But he never got a mural there! This is Nikkkkk, if anyone chats shit about you on the internet and you're looking for someone to find the address of a completely different person, then BOOM, Nikkk is the man stupid enough and rich enough to not need to publically apologise. He's bought shit loads of shirts from me for charidee. Except it aint charidee, its fore shore the club. Forza Green Taverners Armee! We'm all luv PAFC double hard. Now, shall I show you that picture? I even made a 'to you to me' joke which Barry said they had never heard anyone say before. We have good craic in the Directors box. Do you need a lift to Morecambe? I've got a car. I can drive. James likes to get driven. He's amazing. You know, I quite love the club, but James has made it double loveable."

...Or it could be a huge anti-climax.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes   Martyn Starnes - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 10:30 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
hairy j wrote:
Director's Box on the first day of the season should be interesting...

"Hi Martin, I'm Ian. You might have seen me in that picture with the Chuckle Brothers last season if you've been perusing my internet forum. Now, let me show you raind. This is Tony, if you're ever in need of someone to tell you how good a job you're doing, just ask Tone. This is my big feck off mean mate Pete, he's consistently dim and livid. This is my son Mike, watch yourself fore shore when he's got a beer in hand, he's quite the jolly rascal! This is my minion Ian, yes we have the same name! If you need some dirt dug up or a fantasy plane flown or an internet forum managed, Ian be your pilot! This is Peter, together we'm living proof that some fans will do or say anything for a car-parking space. We used to proper hate each other, but now we purport to support the club as the most supa fans ever! Ah, finally, we've reached the big hitters. That there be Webby. Webby the Pressy. Together, no joke, we made friends with Darren Purse. 'e used to play for Birmgum Cidee yer know! But he never got a mural there! This is Nikkkkk, if anyone chats shit about you on the internet and you're looking for someone to find the address of a completely different person, then BOOM, Nikkk is the man stupid enough and rich enough to not need to publically apologise. He's bought shit loads of shirts from me for charidee. Except it aint charidee, its fore shore the club. Forza Green Taverners Armee! We'm all luv PAFC double hard. Now, shall I show you that picture? I even made a 'to you to me' joke which Barry said they had never heard anyone say before. We have good craic in the Directors box. Do you need a lift to Morecambe? I've got a car. I can drive. James likes to get driven. He's amazing. You know, I quite love the club, but James has made it double loveable."

...Or it could be a huge anti-climax.

lol! lol! lol! 

Oh go on someone, post this on Pasoti.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes   Martyn Starnes - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 10:40 pm

We are a tinpot chicken shit Hick-town supported by inbred, insular parochial hillbilly straw chewing thickos that cannot see the bigger picture.
Wake me up when this nightmare is over
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes   Martyn Starnes - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 11:36 pm

Tim Chown wrote:

I've assumed the GTs will continue to run FanFests this season, just not clear where. Does anyone know different?

The GT's don't seem to do answering questions, so ask the PASB I suppose... They should be able to tell you in three months or whenever the next meeting is.

Jeez... What a waste of time that group is.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes   Martyn Starnes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 5:51 am

punchdrunk wrote:
We are a tinpot chicken shit Hick-town supported by inbred, insular parochial hillbilly straw chewing thickos that cannot see the bigger picture.
Wake me up when this nightmare is over

lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes   Martyn Starnes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 6:31 am

Rickler wrote:
Tim Chown wrote:

The GT's don't seem to do answering questions, so ask the PASB I suppose...  They should be able to tell you in three months or whenever the next meeting is.

Jeez...  What a waste of time that group is.

At the last FanFest of the season JB was asked if he would find a home for them next season, to which he replied "I don't think I can afford not to". The tents should still be in place at the start of the season , but I believe Rick doesn't want to carry on, which may give an excuse to end them and the new CEO to reintroduce corporate.

Couple of (REAL) friends of mine are good mates of the GT's and I've been sowing the seeds of an idea for their long term survival.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes   Martyn Starnes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 7:59 am

So the one person who seems to have any past experience of Martyn Starnes is Mark Pedlar and he's not exactly over the moon with his appointment.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Interesting thread from Pasoti there. Newell was trying to peddle his bullshit that 3687 season tickets had been sold, but later on he admits that the figure is for all memberships, which is substantially different and probably means that we won't outsell last seasons figures.

There is definitely more optimism in the air under Sheridan though and maybe those figures will keep rising, although not too much because come winter time if the grandstand has been demolished there won't be enough room for a massive Boxing Day crowd against Torquay.

I expect Webb will trumpet the fact that it's a full house though Razz 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes   Martyn Starnes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 11:39 am

Post of the day on the farm!lol! 

The Grumpy Loyal
 Post subject: Re: Major announcement on way (Martyn Starnes joins as new CPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:30
crownhillpilgrim wrote:
I am neither overwhelmed or underwhelmede by this appointment - which is just as it should be. I never remember reading about CEOS in Shoot magazine or collecting CEO stickers for Panini books.

Grumpy Loyal said,
So are you saying your level of thinking concerning PAFC is the same now as it was when you were 10?

LMFAO.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes   Martyn Starnes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 2:24 pm

hairy j wrote:
I hope he gets rid of 'fan engagement' as it's been a disaster from start to finish. Run the club professionally, fans watch and support, the club runs the club.
Thing is though, getting rid of fan engagement over the past 18 months would have solved nothing. The ministand would have still gone through in its present form, we'd still have been crap on the pitch and we still wouldn't have had a CEO until yesterday. Admittedly it would have solved some of the unpleasantness and acrimony between fans but the club still wouldn't be doing well.

Surely the problem is not having proper fan engagement not that we have fan engagement at all. I mean obviously the club running things well and the fans just supporting would be a utopia but as we all know, even if the fans fulfill that side of the deal there's no guarantee the club will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes   Martyn Starnes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 3:23 pm

Maybe so Sam but without fan involvement there would be no Forza Nerd, no stupid kids zone in block 17, Peggy would still be voluntarily contributing to the matchday programme, the ridiculous PASB wouldn't be lingering like a bad smell with its Brent yes men and that fat cnut Newell wouldn't be able to act like Tony Mafioso around Home Park.

Sponsors would also be able to enjoy their time in the corporate lounge without fear of assault.

We would almost certainly have a supporters trust that wasn't being attacked left right and centre by other supporters who think they're something special.

The plans might still be on the table as they are now but the largest fan forum would be dead against them and a concerted campaign to get the plans stopped unless they benefited the club a helluva lot more would be underway.

Other than that fan involvement has been ok.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes   Martyn Starnes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 3:36 pm

Fan involvement should be encouraged if its done correctly on both sides and only with elected fan reps (two max) that can be held accountable if they sellout.

Its just not a good idea to have ian newell and chris webb (post sell out) speak for fans when they think they are above them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes   Martyn Starnes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 4:41 pm

Fan involvement is just another of those wanky buzz words that we all have to endure now, along with match day experience, first in football ect. ect. it means nothing, the fans haven't been involved at all, baby James loved the idea but quickly realised how bothersome us fans can be when we get interested in the running of the club. The PASB was his way of playing lip service to the idea without actually involving the fans. The Pres. is as far as baby James has gone in that direction but then a compliant media loving sellout of a union man isn't really going to be a threat and he is good as unpaid spin doctor. As for pasoti it is sad that Newell and Postey have sold out just so that they can appear to be friends with the owner but even they have been duped, Nikk is who pays for Napoleons seat in the box not Brent and I doubt he would be near it if it down to Brent. Please don't blame all the canker attached to this club on Brent, he is an out of town asset stripping property developer that I loathe, the fans have attached themselves to Brent all for the love of hats and silly titles.
#takealookatyourselves
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes   Martyn Starnes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 4:58 pm

where has this Nikk appeared from ? a newell mate, a webb mate ? im no expert,but he has never seemed to be interested in Argyle before last year .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes   Martyn Starnes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 5:12 pm

Iggy wrote:
Fan involvement is just another of those wanky buzz words that we all have to endure now, along with match day experience, first in football ect. ect. it means nothing, the fans haven't been involved at all, baby James loved the idea but quickly realised how bothersome us fans can be when we get interested in the running of the club. The PASB was his way of playing lip service to the idea without actually involving the fans. The Pres. is as far as baby James has gone in that direction but then a compliant media loving sellout of a union man isn't really going to be a threat and he is good as unpaid spin doctor. As for pasoti it is sad that Newell and Postey have sold out just so that they can appear to be friends with the owner but even they have been duped, Nikk is who pays for Napoleons seat in the box not Brent and I doubt he would be near it if it down to Brent. Please don't blame all the canker attached to this club on Brent, he is an out of town asset stripping property developer that I loathe, the fans have attached themselves to Brent all for the love of hats and silly titles.
#takealookatyourselves

depends on what you would deem as fan input at the end of the day. The current wave of fan involvement is wrong and isnt working i agree but it doesn't mean a different kind couldn't work.

My view of fan involvement is Someone(s) elected who can act as a neutral go between with board and fans keeping both informed of whats going on in both camps, Be asked for their input/advice from both camps (within reason) and no one feels left out of the loop as to what the other camp is thinking.
I was lead to believe Chris Webb was meant to do something like this, but to date i dont recall him doing so other with his clique.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes   Martyn Starnes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 6:37 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
where has this Nikk appeared from ? a newell mate, a webb mate ? im no expert,but he has never seemed to be interested in Argyle before last year .

The collapse in the economy has only recently meant boomtime for companies like his that flourish when people are struggling to get credit. Five years ago he may have been a fan, but I'd hazzard a guess that his net worth and disposable income wouldn't have been anything like what it is today.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes   Martyn Starnes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 7:44 pm

People are hoping Starnes will be a "success"

But the big question must be what are the objectives he's been given by Brent and how will Brent (not the public) judge him to be a success?

Has Brent given him targets relating to the Club's progress up the leagues or, more likely, just to make sure JB doesn't have to put his hand in his pocket again?

Judging by the tone of the OS announcement, I'm going with the latter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes   Martyn Starnes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 8:02 pm

Grovehill wrote:

But the big question must be what are the objectives he's been given by Brent and how will Brent (not the public) judge him to be a success?

Has Brent given him targets relating to the Club's progress up the leagues or, more likely, just to make sure JB doesn't have to put his hand in his pocket again?

Judging by the tone of the OS  announcement, I'm going with the latter.

It surely must be the development of HHP in the first few years......he does have experience in that area.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes   Martyn Starnes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 8:10 pm

ZYPH wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Judging by the tone of the OS  announcement, I'm going with the latter.

It surely must be the development of HHP in the first few years......he does have experience in that area.

Unless he's employed by Akkeron rather than PAFC, then HHP won't be in his remit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes   Martyn Starnes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 8:25 pm

All i'll say about starny is he hit every branch when he fell out of the ugly tree, brenty likes his drones to be ugly feckers! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes   Martyn Starnes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 8:25 pm

Reckon it's more to do with the fact he got results on a shoestring
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes   Martyn Starnes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 9:27 pm

From Yeovil fans on twitter they seem to think Starnes lacks ambition and one of their biggest criticisms was that he didn't give long term contracts to first teamers. Given the mess that the M7 made I would imagine this is a good thing. Also I doubt he would have offered Chadwick a 2 year deal with the option of a third year as Brent and his cronies did.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes   Martyn Starnes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 10:25 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

The collapse in the economy has only recently meant boomtime for companies like his that flourish when people are struggling to get credit. Five years ago he may have been a fan, but I'd hazzard a guess that his net worth and disposable income wouldn't have been anything like what it is today.

When nikkk was getting some abuse Andy_S told how he has been REAL friends with him for decades.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes   Martyn Starnes - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Martyn Starnes
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next