Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Where did it all go wrong ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Where did it all go wrong ? Empty
PostSubject: Where did it all go wrong ?   Where did it all go wrong ? EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 10:26 pm

I know of an elderly gentleman who has been travelling to Plymouth from the Modbury area to watch Argyle for over 70 years and has been sitting in the present grandstand since it was built in 1951. The problem i have is this, while i accept that the old grandstand will need to be demolished before the new ministand can be built the lifelong supporter mentioned above will be shunted off to some other corner of the ground without so much as a thankyou for your amazingly loyal support through thin and thinner while clowns like Nool and the gang and all the other JB asslickers will still be treated to the best available seats in the house. Fans club of the year my ass, the whole consultation process has been a whitewash from the beginning with a steady drip feeding of half truths in an attempt to placate the sceptics who refuse to be brainwashed by the property developer and his cronies. This once proud club is dying on and off the pitch, very sad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where did it all go wrong ?   Where did it all go wrong ? EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 11:03 pm

Welcome to Brent's Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Where did it all go wrong ?   Where did it all go wrong ? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 12:08 am

Lack of football acumen combine with massive acumen for making the best of development oppotunities and an inane stubborness that he is always right.  The formation of PASB and throwing his toys out of the pram over the Trust are a couple of examples of that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where did it all go wrong ?   Where did it all go wrong ? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 12:16 am

Agree with your points Dougie but do we need to look back a bit further to Mr Stapleton's time at the club ?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Where did it all go wrong ?   Where did it all go wrong ? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 7:40 am

Stapleton's regime got greedy.They were always going to be outclassed at Championship level. Pasoti, through nool and the other arselicking, bullying wannabes, wanted a piece of the action.

Along comes the reluctant bidder, already in development talks with PCC and hey presto ! an unholy alliance is formed between the developer and those seeking the keys to Home Park.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where did it all go wrong ?   Where did it all go wrong ? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 9:39 am

The potholed car park has nearly killed Argyle a couple of times already, it is the key to the WC bid and all this bollocks, it's a Millstone around the clubs neck, If I was to win the Euro millions I would buy it all up, build the club a proper stand where the Mayflower is now and ring fence the car park as a memorial to Greed, on the walling around the site I would have Muriels of all the greedy back stabbing political little bastards that crawl from under their stones whenever something like this happens. Brent getting some attention from Linda Lovelace would dominate the scene.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where did it all go wrong ?   Where did it all go wrong ? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 10:11 am

Iggy, i like the idea of placing ladies born 50+ years ago on the wall around your proposed car park/memorial but i'm not sure if current human rights or health and safety regulations would allow this. That said, it's no crazier than some of Brent's plans !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where did it all go wrong ?   Where did it all go wrong ? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 10:39 am

I think it was Peter Jones that said the ownership of the stadium would leave the Club open to this form of indirect asset strip, how ironic it is that Jones has become one of those responsible for that indirect asset strip and how ironic that those that supported the purchasing of HP from PCC are now rubbing their hands with glee at their newly acquired false and insincere status. 

From what I can see there's probably a dozen or so that are in favor of this nightmare, that's all. Each and everyone of them appear to have an "interest", they are not acting for the benefit of the Club and they are not acting on behalf of the fans and they are not acting for the benefit of the citizens of Plymouth, they act only for their self interest, greed and bloated egos. 

Supporting the dozen or so are the "wannabees" and wannabees desperately need to be a part of a clique but are not liked enough to get past a free ticket in the new mini stand or an occasional seat in the Directors Box, but it's enough to buy them off.

In total I reckon there's about 20 people that are happy to sell their morals, principles and loyalty for an extremely cheap price, I hope it's worth it for them but as the old saying goes, "what goes around, comes around" and if that is the case then they will have my sympathy as well as one finger!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where did it all go wrong ?   Where did it all go wrong ? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:24 am

Was Peter Jones anything to do with plymouth's bid for city of culture disaster?

Just wondering if it's only at Argyle that he performs like a cnut.

Ocean City? Up shit creek without a paddle city more like.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Where did it all go wrong ?   Where did it all go wrong ? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:46 am

IsThatHHP? wrote:
Agree with your points Dougie but do we need to look back a bit further to Mr Stapleton's time at the club ?

It did go wrong then, as the Tringster says greed and self interest overtook the football - but for all that they were football fans, and fans of the club (at some point).

Brent, however, has no interest in football, no interest in PAFC as a football club, and cares not a jot about the fans,

There is of course an argument to say that because of Stapleton's antics we now have Brent, but whatever the reason, PAFC is now a development vehicle for a property developer who has the City Council firmly behind him.

This is the worst time in the history of this football club - worse that McAuley, worse than Stapleton, worse than the M7. Why? Because Brent simply does not care about the football club.

We'll be lucky to be in the football league in 5 years time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where did it all go wrong ?   Where did it all go wrong ? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 1:36 pm

Isn't history a funny thing, i detested the tight-fisted, miserable, smug little shit McAuley but if you offered him to me now instead of Jimmy B i'd bite your f@cking hand off !!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where did it all go wrong ?   Where did it all go wrong ? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 1:58 pm

Once this little fiasco is out of the way I really believe that Brent should have any interest regarding the development of Plymouth firmly quashed, we need to show him the A38 exit at March Mills and kick his arse until he takes it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where did it all go wrong ?   Where did it all go wrong ? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 2:05 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Was Peter Jones anything to do with plymouth's bid for city of culture disaster?

Just wondering if it's only at Argyle that he performs like a cnut.

Ocean City? Up shit creek without a paddle city more like.

He was one of the idiots that supported Tudor when he blew God knows how many thousands at that white elephant....if you fancy reading yet more nauseating and hypocritical nonsense from Jones then here it is........

Quote :
Plymouth is bidding to be named UK City of Culture 2017. We are asking the people of the city to speak up to support the move. Today Plymouth Argyle director Peter Jones lends his support to the campaign.
I grew up in Plymouth; my parents and grandparents instilled in me a great pride in the city. And my early adoption of Argyle as "my team" helped that along.

However, when I got to my late teens I had a strong sense that the place was always destined to be a backwater – and I felt I had to get away. Things are completely different now.
Plymouth used to be merely a city with a rich past. Now it's a city with a rich past and a thrilling future.

The recent cultural transformation lies at the heart of the change. "Cultural" in the broadest sense of the word. But there remains a dual problem. First, too many Plymothians remain sceptical about our rich and unique offer.
Second, Plymouth remains in "best-kept-secret" territory for too many, throughout our newly "globalised" world. The new "Britain's Ocean City" brand and the lead-up to Mayflower 2020 are both opportunities to tackle the latter point.
In the interim, to win and then deliver City of Culture would bring everyone together, and create a new and justified confidence. Plymouth can and will be recognised as a truly great city again. Winning 2017 would definitely serve to accelerate that process.

Utter, utter shyte!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where did it all go wrong ?   Where did it all go wrong ? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:17 pm

Fan involvement - that's where it all went wrong. 

Goodbye.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Where did it all go wrong ?   Where did it all go wrong ? EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 3:49 pm

IsThatHHP? wrote:
I know of an elderly gentleman who has been travelling to Plymouth from the Modbury area to watch Argyle for over 70 years and has been sitting in the present grandstand since it was built in 1951. The problem i have is this, while i accept that the old grandstand will need to be demolished before the new ministand can be built the lifelong supporter mentioned above will be shunted off to some other corner of the ground without so much as a thankyou for your amazingly loyal support through thin and thinner while clowns like Nool and the gang and all the other JB asslickers will still be treated to the best available seats in the house. Fans club of the year my ass, the whole consultation process has been a whitewash from the beginning with a steady drip feeding of half truths in an attempt to placate the sceptics who refuse to be brainwashed by the property developer and his cronies. This once proud club is dying on and off the pitch, very sad.

It's called football in 2013 (Brent style).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where did it all go wrong ?   Where did it all go wrong ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where did it all go wrong ?
Page 1 of 1