akagreengull
Freathy
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dane

Dane

Mr President - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mr President   Mr President - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 2:59 pm

Clever from brent

dumb as feck from ' hardboard and cardboard '
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Mr President   Mr President - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 3:18 pm

el presidente is boxed in with no way out. he HAS to support the shoebox.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Mr President   Mr President - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:16 pm

You're all just jealous Laughing

I'd rather eat dog shit than sit in the directors box with Iddesleigh_Goebbels and the like. Tip toeing around Brent "Oooo, doesn't your hair look lovely today James", "James with your plans you are really spoiling us". Bunch of ass licking sell outs!

If you have the misfortune to read the President's twitter account, his day job seems to take up most of his time- how he does "hours of voluntary work for the club" as well must be some sort of herculean effort. Perhaps presidents are rewarded with 40 hour days?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr President   Mr President - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:30 pm

I spent all day today playing my Xbox but I don't want any recognition from Microsoft for that.

I'm surprised we still have one to be honest. I'm not sure what they are supposed to do - does the President's Progress blog thing still get updated?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr President   Mr President - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:05 pm

Dane. wrote:
Clever from brent

dumb as feck from ' hardboard and cardboard '

You sound quite the Antagonist with a comment like that.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Mr President   Mr President - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 7:34 pm

Iggy wrote:
In return we would have an Akkeron Hotel on the car park (did I mention the car park was pot holed?)

That is not quite true...  Brent doesn't appear to want it?

Brent's q&a answers wrote:

Q24. Is the hotel going to be Akkeron owned? If so are you planning on doing any schemes where people shall get discount on the hotel with a ticket to the game?

The hotel will not be owned by Akkeron. It may or may not be operated by the company. In any event, we would expect a close working relationship between the club and the operators of all the facilities at Higher Home Park.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr President   Mr President - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 7:44 pm

Rickler wrote:
Iggy wrote:
In return we would have an Akkeron Hotel on the car park (did I mention the car park was pot holed?)

Q24. Is the hotel going to be Akkeron owned? If so are you planning on doing any schemes where people shall get discount on the hotel with a ticket to the game?

The hotel will not be owned by Akkeron. It may or may not be operated by the company. In any event, we would expect a close working relationship between the club and the operators of all the facilities at Higher Home Park.

given its size its got holiday inn or one of those budget hotels name written all over it.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Mr President   Mr President - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:08 pm

GreenSam wrote:
I'd be surprised if the staff debt was anywhere near settled. Remember this includes the likes of Peter Reid who went unpaid for well over a year, Simon Walton, Romain Larrieu, Oni Bhasera, Carl Fletcher etc all on big money that they'll be owed. The non-playing staff debt, perhaps (I doubt it) but certainly not the whole. Remember a lot of the auctions were for other causes than staff debt.

I meant "staff" as opposed to "football creditors" of any kind. I should have been clearer.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Mr President   Mr President - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:17 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I meant "staff" as opposed to "football creditors" of any kind. I should have been clearer.

The sort of question that should have been asked by the PASB (or AFT).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr President   Mr President - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:33 pm

None of them want to rock the boat though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr President   Mr President - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:53 pm

Iggy wrote:

no one wants to upset his majesty the eton boy at all
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Mr President   Mr President - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:40 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
The name President is given to a role so it matters not what you call it.    It is the route between supporters and Management that is needed as a role and should be useful to both sides.    It is a source of information transfer.    A supporters concern is put to the board on their behalf and whatever transpires from the question is relayed back.   It matters not how difficult the question is but the honesty of the answer or lack of it does.    Mind you, this should be happening with the PASB anyway but seemingly isn't so with that set up it shouldn't actually be necessary now to have a single go between and I conceed that the title does imply an employee of the club itself even if unpaid.

No previous president has taken on the role you describe, Sensible. In the past, it was always a 'figurehead' position.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Mr President   Mr President - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:02 am

Iggy wrote:

It was made very clear to the PASB that questions relating to specific financial matters were not going to be answered

Last edited by Angry on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I edited this to fix the quote fault, click the button damon and others ;))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr President   Mr President - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:58 am

Don't don't panic Damon!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr President   Mr President - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:00 am

Seriously though Damon I know that you are in a position where you do have access to Brent and Akkeron by being in the pasb, but if you are hog tied by TOR what is the point?
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Mr President   Mr President - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 12:55 pm

undefined wrote:

Angry
Rickler wrote:
Iggy wrote:

given its size its got holiday inn or one of those budget hotels name written all over it.

Few weeks back heard that he had lined up Premier Inn for HHP and Pavillions being Akkeron with the Civic centre being 4 star Hilton.

IMHO He is parcelling up HHP ready for escape route of being landlord when he exercises his clause in PAFC lease to buy the ground back for £1.2m and couples it with car park bit he has already bought.

Pay & display firm lined up to pay £9M for car park, Odeon paying £10M for cinema, Hotel going to Premier Inn for £?M, Studio School grants of £3M banked, Dentistry practice grants banked and retail units being sold off would go a long way to paying for the development and leave Ice rink and Argyle to be disposed of.

Argyle will go to nnnikkkk for 10 framed shirts as a souvenir of his quivering lip days and his greatest deal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr President   Mr President - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 1:58 pm

Well if as I reckon the money is coming from the States, he'd better hurry up - the cheap money is about to dry up as the bond market on Wall Street is teetering, even a banker will no this could be the wrong time to sign any deal. I'd flip a coin as to whether this monstrosity is ever built!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr President   Mr President - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 2:50 pm

green_genie wrote:
undefined wrote:

Angry
Rickler wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Few weeks back heard that he had lined up Premier Inn for HHP and Pavillions being Akkeron with the Civic centre being 4 star Hilton.

IMHO He is parcelling up HHP ready for escape route of being landlord when he exercises his clause in PAFC lease to buy the ground back for £1.2m and couples it with car park bit he has already bought.

Pay & display firm lined up to pay £9M for car park, Odeon paying £10M for cinema, Hotel going to Premier Inn for £?M, Studio School grants of £3M banked, Dentistry practice grants banked and retail units being sold off would go a long way to paying for the development and leave Ice rink and Argyle to be disposed of.

Argyle will go to nnnikkkk for 10 framed shirts as a souvenir of his quivering lip days and his greatest deal.

Argyle is worthless now thanks to James Brent's greed. The only way it will ever function like a professional football club with ambition with the fans at the heart of it is if a new owner takes over and builds a new stadium outside that corporate clusterfuck brent wants to create that will cripple the club for decades to come. Plus who wants to stay in central park anyway? its not like its got fantastic scenry from where it will be stationed to lets say the hoe!
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Mr President   Mr President - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 3:22 pm

I don't know about greed but certainly anything that currently has an intrinsic value has been sold.  Only the ground to go if and when Akkerron buy it back from the council.  At which point who could argue that whole area isnt then developed, with Home Park being sold, considering the density of development of its near neighbours.

More reason I say to get the ground listed (if that is the word) as one of these new fangled community assets.  Maybe James Brent would altruistically do the 'listing' for the greater good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr President   Mr President - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 4:38 pm

I wonder how the potential tenants of, say, the cinema or the hotel feel about the very mixed reception to the plans. I suspect they might be anxious about what they're taking on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr President   Mr President - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 4:44 pm

I wonder how the potential owners will feel when their potential customers are forced into long delays owing to 16,00 fans sharing their space.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr President   Mr President - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 8:59 pm

I know no other President has done any of what I stated Peggy.    However, this one, on appointment, stated clearly he would be asking the difficult questions people want answers to.    Now, if you are prepared to ask those sorts of questions on behalf of others then it isn't unreasonable to expect the answers to be shared widely.    Also stated he would be holding those in charge to account.   So that was supposed to be only in secret then?    He made the committment himself which means as I said that he should be inclusive of all supporters and not just selected ones.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Mr President   Mr President - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:06 pm

Iggy wrote:
Seriously though Damon I know that you are in a position where you do have access to Brent and Akkeron by being in the pasb, but if you are hog tied by TOR what is the point?

What is it with this quote thing?

ToR??? Chance would be a fine thing - only been waiting for 3 months - or is it 4 - for the Board to get back to us on ToR....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr President   Mr President - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:17 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Iggy wrote:

What is it with this quote thing?

ToR??? Chance would be a fine thing - only been waiting for 3 months - or is it 4 - for the Board to get back to us on ToR....

There are threads about how to use it Damon,keep up man Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mr President   Mr President - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mr President
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2