Freathy
Mock Cuncher
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

The People's President Empty
PostSubject: The People's President   The People's President EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:08 am

Wouldn't that title indicate he was, ya know, at some stage elected? I think Gadaffi called himself something similar, mind, so maybs it's ok after all.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The People's President   The People's President EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:59 am

He's been talking to Tony Blair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The People's President   The People's President EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 6:56 pm

When did football club presidents need to be elected? I am struggling to think of any examples?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The People's President   The People's President EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 6:59 pm

Womble wrote:
When did football club presidents need to be elected? I am struggling to think of any examples?

Good point.TBH though,i can't remember unelected figureheads like Sam Rendell or George Gillin going around calling themselves "the peoples president",although to be fair to Mr Webb,this was a title that seemed to be bestowed on him.

Welcome to ATD,Womble.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The People's President   The People's President EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:03 pm

I think Mock is referring to Webby's position within Pasoti Trust that put him in the frame for Club president. He was never elected and arrived from nowhere... and in fact under his 'stewardship' and behest, elections were postponed. Fans' Trusts are elected bodies ... that's what they are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The People's President   The People's President EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:05 pm

Thanks Greenskin, thought i'd try it out. Curious to see if the conduct of people on here was as shocking as people have suggested, but really here to talk bullshit about argyle, like everyone else!

Thanks for the welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The People's President   The People's President EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:06 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
I think Mock is referring to Webby's position within Pasoti Trust that put him in the frame for Club president. He was never elected and arrived from nowhere... and in fact under his 'stewardship' and behest, elections were postponed. Fans' Trusts are elected bodies ... that's what they are.

Youum too bleddy clever Pirate !
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The People's President   The People's President EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:08 pm

Womble wrote:
Thanks Greenskin, thought i'd try it out. Curious to see if the conduct of people on here was as shocking as people have suggested, but really here to talk bullshit about argyle, like everyone else!

You dish it out, you might get some back. Say what you like within the confines of decency, we're all big boys n girls and we have no control group.
Welcome to Hell ! lol!

Here's one for ya !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The People's President   The People's President EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:21 pm

Welcome Womble- are you originated for Wimbledon, have a furry pointed nose, or like playing with (and recycling) rubbish?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The People's President   The People's President EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Greenskin wrote:
to be fair to Mr Webb,this was a title that seemed to be bestowed on him.

As with all titles, they are almost always bestowed on someone, with little to no public evidence of asking for it.
For some wierd reason, Charlie Boy is Duke of Cornwall apparently, and funnily enough, he didn't ask for that title either. It didn't stop him accepting it though.
I would like to think, that left to his own devices, Webby would not have accepted such a position and that it is the rather unfortunate result of a friendship that he will regret in the medium term ..... unless he intends going down the Deggsy Hatton road... we all know the road map should we want to take it.
And without wanting to get all Elizabethan about this, I jusyt wonder who might benefit if webby is tucked up like a kipper as El Presidente with a silly hat... we don't even know if there are any other gongs being handed out yet.

Last edited by penzancepirate on Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The People's President   The People's President EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Womble wrote:

You dish it out, you might get some back. Say what you like within the confines of decency, we're all big boys n girls and we have no control group.
Welcome to Aviva Hell ! lol!

Here's one for ya !

lol! Feck me,did we really enter that for the Eurovision? lol! Actually,compared to some of the other dross,it was probably pretty good.Was that Katie Boyle introducing it?

Le Rouyame Uni zero points! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The People's President   The People's President EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:29 pm

Think it was played while they counted the votes and it was Katie I think lol !

We used to win in those days too . Jonny foreigner knew his place !
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The People's President   The People's President EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:34 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Think it was played while they counted the votes and it was Katie I think lol !

We used to win in those days too . Jonny foreigner knew his place !

Looking at the comments underneath the video,apparently Abba won it that year with "Waterloo".There was a programme on the other night called "Abba's 25 greatest songs".Why no similar programme for the Wombles? Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The People's President   The People's President EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:39 pm

I spent the evening with a womble once. A superb musician, good raconteur. A very pleasant meal.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The People's President   The People's President EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:42 pm

funny man wrote:
I spent the evening with a womble once. A superb musician, good raconteur. A very pleasant meal.

Ooer ! what does womble taste like.....chicken ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The People's President   The People's President EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:43 pm

Tringreen wrote:
funny man wrote:

I leave a salty aftertaste
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The People's President   The People's President EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:44 pm

funny man wrote:

You didn't eat the womble, did you ? ! affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The People's President   The People's President EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:44 pm

clown

Nah! He was old. Even older than me & thee. So he would have been really tough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The People's President   The People's President EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:48 pm

Womble wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
funny man wrote:

I once had a conversation with a very harassed science teacher. Earlier that week he had been teaching a class and referred to sperm as being a sort of sugar (or something along those lines .... I dunno, I failed Chemistry & Biology). Whereupon, a lad put up his hand and said that his girl-friend always said it tasted salty....... collapse of class into unteachable until the bell.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The People's President   The People's President EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:53 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
funny man wrote:

You didn't eat the womble, did you ? ! affraid

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The People's President   The People's President EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:56 pm

funny man wrote:
Womble wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
funny man wrote:

I once had a conversation with a very harassed science teacher. Earlier that week he had been teaching a class and referred to sperm as being a sort of sugar (or something along those lines .... I dunno, I failed Chemistry & Biology). Whereupon, a lad put up his hand and said that his girl-friend always said it tasted salty....... collapse of class into unteachable until the bell.

lol! That's a cracker.............. spat out my sherbert lemon !
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: The People's President   The People's President EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 6:08 am

The point i was making was that in order to be "the people's" anything, surely the people would have had to have had some form of choice in the matter. Chris Webb wasn't chosen in any way, and i find it doubtful that more than a quarter of the fanbase would even have heard of him before he was elected (made) President (by James Brent/Peter Ridsdale). My brother is a big fan, goes to much more games than I do, but steers clear of the internet stuff (he was always the clever one). He doesn't have the foggiest who Chris Webb is, to him it is as meaningless an appointment as the little jap fella before him. If it isn't a former player like maybe Trigger or Tynan, he would just assume it is a political decision and ignore it.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The People's President   The People's President EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 6:22 am

Persactly....

Why wasn't Brent and the Riddler advised to make Tommy Tynan President?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The People's President   The People's President EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:17 am

If I was Brent I would have done the same thing, promote my best and most loyal worker to "reward" him for what he had done for me. Webb worked tirelessly for Brent, promoted him constantly on fans web sites, encouraged fans to jam phone switchboards and bung up email boxes. Would there be anyone better to crush and put down opinions that dare to question?

What did Tommy Tynan do to help Brent?
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: The People's President   The People's President EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:35 am

penzancepirate wrote:

In fairness re the postponement of the elections I think that was a 'damned if you do' moment.

The elections were due just as AFC Heaney/Ridsdale was heading to it's inevitable demise. I can just imagine the shitstorm they'd have faced "Rome burns around them and they hold elections" Evil or Very Mad.

Not getting drawn into the daily character assasination thing and I know this is no place for 'balance'. But if you're honest with yourselves on that specific point you just know that's exactly what the reaction would have been had they'd ploughed ahead with the elections.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The People's President   The People's President Empty

Back to top Go down

The People's President
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next