Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge)

Go down 
+2
pepsipete
Mock Cuncher
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge) Empty
PostSubject: Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge)   Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge) EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 7:38 pm

Just because Stourbridge got a draw here does not mean they are better than us, stranger things have occured in the FA cup before. Stourbridge came here and played very well, however maybe if you were playing against our last seasons team at his time, the result would have most likely not been the same.

The heart of this club has been torn out and we were in free fall, however hopefully that is grinding to a halt now. We are financially stable, nothing was ever going to change overnight, and it will stay take plenty of guts, determination and new player to keep us in league 2. We are in a much better position to move forward now than we were earlier in the season.

I think its unlikely that we would beat Stevenage but its even more unlikely that Stourbridge could do anything against them. However us and Stevenage are only 1 league apart, I dont see a reason why its impossible that we can get a win, especially seen as we are at home. Its a tricky draw but its a test, its not like we are facing the likes of Barcelona.

We drew yesterday, fine. In my opinion a replay means that the first fixture never occured, its just like we are starting the game again but somewhere else. There is no reason why Stourbridge cant beat us but I dont think they should be thinking that they are home and dry just because they have the home advantage. If we play/played like we did against Morecambe last week I dont think the glassboys would have stood a chance, and I also think we could beat Stevenage playing like that.

Lets not rule us out before the game has even begun, either against Stourbridge or Stevenage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge)   Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge) EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 9:57 pm

Unless we get a colossus at the back, and a big unit up front, I'm not optimistic of a result.

Need to restore Gibson to the back four pronto.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge)   Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge) EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 10:30 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
Unless we get a colossus at the back, and a big unit up front, I'm not optimistic of a result.

Need to restore Gibson to the back four pronto.

I am not optimistic either, just outlining that its possible.
Gibson and another CB (not nelson cus hes terrible) are needed. We need a right winger, and we need a striker.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge)   Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge) EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 11:18 pm

If we manage to scrape past Stourbridge, Stevenage will be huge favourites to thrust a throbbing red & white truncheon down our desperately eager throats.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge)   Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 2:09 am

Think we will do Stourbridge away, seem to do better away than at home. Worried about Man City in the third round.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge)   Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 4:35 am

If we can stifle Ballotelli we can take them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge)   Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:49 am

God help us if we draw Man City, we would have much more chance of keeping the scoreline down to a 5 nil defeat, but the money would come flooding in
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge)   Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:57 am

Cobi Budge wrote:

God help us if we draw Man City, we would have much more chance of keeping the scoreline down to a 5 nil defeat, but the money would come flooding in

Flooding into where exactly dear boy ?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge)   Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:04 am

God this is depressing! If we somehow beat poxy non-league stourbridge in the tin pot clubs round of the FA Cup we get the priviliage of being plucky under dogs to...........stevenage!

How any Argyle fan cannot be seething with anger at this utterly pathetic situation we're in! We should be joining the FA Cup in round 3 not this shit! Get us out of this hideous position brent or get out of my club NOW!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge)   Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:05 am

Ridders pocket my dear senior citizen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge)   Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:23 am

Tringreen wrote:
Cobi Budge wrote:

Flooding into where exactly dear boy ?

To the club, half of which will go towards clearing staff/player pay arrears geek
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge)   Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:27 am

Cobi Budge wrote:
Ridders pocket my dear senior citizen.

Teach you I will, grasshopper Wink
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge)   Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 12:23 pm

got to be able to keep 11 even 10 on the pitch to stand any sort of chance in 8 days time, how long are those 2 out for? 1 game or more?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge)   Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge) Empty

Back to top Go down

Stevenage home (if we beat Stourbridge)
Page 1 of 1